Pre Match Bayern v Liverpool ,CL ,20.00 KO Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
He's not interested in tittle tattle but really enjoys a seriously intriguing question and answering it,he has long since realised our back pages are full of sensationalist horseshit with quotes from managers being edited in such a way that it's misleading and unrecognisable from the original quote,
That Sky sports reporter kept talking the EPL and not asking about the Champions League match which is the whole point of the conference isn't it? Klopp is very good at handling the press, it was quite short press conference, he was glad that he got out quickly and just get on with the training.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Spirit, character whatever you want to call it we better show something tomorrow.

Yeah, we need those things in abundance. We've been poor away in Europe too often recently. A big part of me thinks we'll get knocked out tomorrow. If it's helps our push for the league I'm all for that.

Last edited:

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
General question for those who have been to the Allianze Arena and or live in Munchen.

Is the stadium in the middle of nowhere? How do the local and away fans get to the stadium, apart from car or coaches? Is there a station near the stadium?

The reason why i was asking is, Merseyside police have said that fans with no tickets should not go there because there are no bars, pubs, restaurants where they can watch the match. It is 40 minutes away from the city centre.

I am used to UK football stadia because most of football grounds I know are situated in highly populated areas. If you can't get to the stadium, there are always a few shops, pubs, restaurants and bars nearby where you can watch the match

Last edited:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
General question for those who have been to the Allianze Arena and or live in Munchen.

Is the stadium in the middle of nowhere? How do the local and away fans get to the stadium, apart from car or coaches. Is there a station near the stadium.

The reason why i was asking is Merseyside police have said that fans with no tickets should not go there because there are no bars, pubs, restaurants where they can watch the match. It is 40 minutes away from the city centre.

I am used to UK football stadia because most of football grounds I know are situated in highly populated areas. If you can't get to the stadium, there are always a few shops, pubs, restaurants and bars nearby where you can watch the match
It is way out on the north end of town - not a stretch to say it is basically an enormous train station where they happen to play football. A mixture of industrial park and green space around it.

redaderry

Is the stadium in the middle of nowhere? How do the local and away fans get to the stadium, apart from car or coaches. Is there a station near the stadium.

The reason why i was asking is Merseyside police have said that fans with no tickets should not go there because there are no bars, pubs, restaurants where they can watch the match. It is 40 minutes away from the city centre.

It's on the outskirts Maria at a main road intersection where the outer ring meets the main road north, and there's not much there from memory apart from the train station and a water works

redaderry

It is way out on the north end of town - not a stretch to say it is basically an enormous train station where they happen to play football. A mixture of industrial park and green space around it.
:well done:
oops

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
No pressure on us Tomorrow .....only that we need to win to join the other 3 uk teams in next round and also have a shot on target in an away CL game something we have managed one of all season - a penalty.
Big improvement needed or we’re out

StuartScales

Would go with all our experienced players for this one. Don't think we'll smash them Peaches, score draw I think 1-1 or 2-2.Would swap Mane and Salah and go with Milner at RB. Need to be solid.

........................Becker...............
Milner......Matip..... Virgil..... Robertson
........ Henderson........ Fabinho............
.................. Wijnaldum...................
Mane..............Firmino..............Salah
Can see us going for trent right back with Hendo, Fabinho and possibly Lallana as a midfield 3. Klopp seems to be giving him a fairly reasonable chance of late

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Think Klopp will go with the safe set and that means all of Fab, Gini, Hendo and Milly, with Milly as RB. I wish we had gone with the ballsy set with Keita starting but seems there'll be fitness issue with the balls. So safe set. Smart set.
After seeing how TAA was taken to the cleaners by Burnley's wide left player I think it would be safer to have him on the bench and maybe use him in the last half hour if we are in need of a goal.
So, safety first. Keep a clean sheet, nick a goal, tire them out, and get another near the end. In other words a classic Liverpool away European performance.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
After seeing how TAA was taken to the cleaners by Burnley's wide left player I think it would be safer to have him on the bench and maybe use him in the last half hour if we are in need of a goal.
So, safety first. Keep a clean sheet, nick a goal, tire them out, and get another near the end. In other words a classic Liverpool away European performance.
Unlike you I really do hope that TAA plays. We don't need players playing out of position for this one and TAA is a prodigy so he'll cope.

This is the team I would like to see.
...................Allison
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
....................Fabinho
............Milner Wijnaldum
Salah..........Firmino...........Mane

Reason why I want to see Milner in there instead of Henderson, His engine! we will need his workrate and ability to stress his opponent with his endless running. If you're too stagnate against Bayern and let them get their passes flowing they will punish you.
On the ball we need him to complement TAA and Salah out wide as James has an tendecy to move out there, this will surely have TAA get forward and get his deadly crosses in, and as a bonus this will force one of bayerns midfielders to move with him which will open up the middle aswell for us to exploit. With Henderson you don't get that.

Prediction: a nervewrecking 2-2 with us scoring in 88min :J

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Just seen Keita is out.
He’s been a real disappointment injury and form wise since he got here. So much so, no ones really fussed he’s injured.
Too early to write him off but it’s a shame Ox isn’t fit. Our midfield needs to chip in with some goals.

RodM

Just seen Keita is out.
He’s been a real disappointment injury and form wise since he got here. So much so, no ones really fussed he’s injured.
Too early to write him off but it’s a shame Ox isn’t fit. Our midfield needs to chip in with some goals.
I do wonder if the injury and form are related. Sometimes good players just don't gel at new clubs but Klopp clearly thought he would fit into Liverpool's style of play.

Looking back over the last year, Ox's absence has been the biggest loss from our midfield. In fact, when I look at these pre-match threads, the forwards and defence always look obvious but I can never quite work out how our midfield is going to connect them. That's not to say that our midfield is poor or that there are bad players but it is the one area of the team that doesn't seem obvious to me.

One thing our midfield does seem to lack is someone who can pose a goalscoring threat from distance. Essentially the threat that Gerrard use to provide. Having said that, it always hacks me off when possession is lost by aimlessly hoofing from distance - I would scream at Frank Lampard when doing this for England (even though he was a player I basically liked) although his goal-scoring stats as a midfielder were remarkable.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Just seen Keita is out.
I'm a little concerned with the niggly little injuries he's picked up throughout the season, particularly when they've come when he hasn't really been playing.

What was his injury record like in Germany?

Nur der BvB09

Well we never like to do things the simple way obviously. But moreoften in doing so when it matters we are there and make wounders look ordinary. This is in the DNA of this Club! We are gonna win the Champions League this year so Bauern or whoever ll come our way will suffer! Feck off Bauern they ll get smashed today and i m in Bavaria tonight so i ll sing my fecking all to support our beloved LFC!!! Up the Mighty REDS

Is the stadium in the middle of nowhere? How do the local and away fans get to the stadium, apart from car or coaches? Is there a station near the stadium?

The reason why i was asking is, Merseyside police have said that fans with no tickets should not go there because there are no bars, pubs, restaurants where they can watch the match. It is 40 minutes away from the city centre.

Me Maria and i don t like the Alliance Arena that much couse i m used in Westfalenstadion which its a pretty nice Place to be. Best greetings from Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.