Pre Match Bayern v Liverpool ,CL ,20.00 KO Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedYank

Yeah, it's a 5-hour difference for me (Central Time Zone) for a few weeks. IN the autumn, it'll be a 7-hour difference for a couple of weeks. Shite either way, really.
Don't mind the change too much. Makes that later in the day "dental appointment" a tad more palatable when leaving work early to head for the pub.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Don't mind the change too much. Makes that later in the day "dental appointment" a tad more palatable when leaving work early to head for the pub.
I hate it for the CL games. I work from a home office and can put multiple screens on, but the later kick off has the kids home.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
The switch to British Summer Time made watching the latter stages of the CL last season a bit challenging. Right now it's a 9 hour time diff. so 'tonight's' game kicks off at 5:00 a.m which isn't too bad, but of course next month that'll be 4:00 which can make getting through the working day kind of difficult. Although it does mean 3:00 p.m. and earlier kick offs become a lot more convenient.

Last edited:

santana

Trent and Milner back in training - Naby a doubt.

I would go with

Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané
if trent fit then 4231
Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Shaq
Mane
if trent not fit put lovren or camacho there and advice for defenders line :
when you feel pressure do not show or panic just send long ball to salah or mane !
bayern is strong and fast and will attack so trick them and let them feel safe and they will leave behind them .. space !

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
The fact we can progress with a score-draw of any kind gives me confidence for this. Big Virg is back so defensively we should be sound. The big question mark currently is can our front 3 hit form - last weekend was encouraging in that regard but Bayern a different proposition to Burnley.

I'd like to see us come out of the blocks quickly, an early goal would settle our nerves, put us in the driving seat and put all the onus to attack on them.

Limiescouse

The fact we can progress with a score-draw of any kind gives me confidence for this. Big Virg is back so defensively we should be sound. The big question mark currently is can our front 3 hit form - last weekend was encouraging in that regard but Bayern a different proposition to Burnley.

I'd like to see us come out of the blocks quickly, an early goal would settle our nerves, put us in the driving seat and put all the onus to attack on them.
I'll be really interested to see how Bayern play. Negative is the wrong word, but in the first leg they were very effective at using meaningless possession to try and take the sting out of the game. It's an effective strategy away from home, but will be very brave to use such a containing approach at home, in a game in which they should probably be feeling like they will have to plan on scoring 2 to go through.

Last edited:

jaffod

Hardly given this a thought. The title has consumed me. Thought for a while the further we go in this the more it will impact our chances of the title and I'm still of that opinion.
Once it kicks off all those thoughts will disappear but it wont be the end of the world for me. Could go either way this.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Hardly given this a thought. The title has consumed me. Thought for a while the further we go in this the more it will impact our chances of the title and I'm still of that opinion.
Once it kicks off all those thoughts will disappear but it wont be the end of the world for me. Could go either way this.
Hard to truly know what the effects are. There is definitely less wear and tear on a side form playing less, but the mental effects are more complicated. Going out of a major competition is a mental setback, regardless of prioritization it can undermine confidence. Also, being alive in more than one competition can reduce the pressure on a side. By the end of today, this squad might be staring at the possibility of having the best record of any LFC team ever, and having nothing to show for it. The pressure in the league is only going to build from here. Setting it aside and just playing football may be exactly what the team needs, weird as that is to contemplate about the CL knockout rounds.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Got a bad feeling

Hope the Reds pull this off, but if I were a betting man it would be 3-1 Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.