Pre Match Bayern v Liverpool ,CL ,20.00 KO Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwala

TIA Regular
Fabinho not starting? That's madness if true unless he has a knock.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
That midfield...yikes. It's workmanlike, but there isn't an ounce of creativity in the bunch. The front three is going to have to drive our attack today because we won't see offense from that midfield (especially Away Gini).

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
That midfield...yikes. It's workmanlike, but there isn't an ounce of creativity in the bunch. The front three is going to have to drive our attack today because we won't see offense from that midfield (especially Away Gini).
Away Gini will play better if Henderson is not in his space.

kwala

TIA Regular
Can only think we are going all out with a high energy, high press from the start. Bold, brave, stupid or all 3! I honestly think he must have a knock, I can fathom it.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Fabinho starts and Bayern would simply give up trying to attack knowing it would be pointless thus increasing the likelihood of penalties. We need them to believe it's worth trying to attack us. Smart thinking from Klopp.

NZred

The Red From NZ
If we lose this Klopp deserves a fucking hiding. That midfield has been destroyed in every away match its played in Europe.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
Fabinho starts and Bayern would simply give up trying to attack knowing it would be pointless thus increasing the likelihood of penalties. We need them to believe it's worth trying to attack us. Smart thinking from Klopp.
Maybe he should’ve dropped Virgil, too.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Clutching there pal.. I hope I’m wrong but that midfield away is ?Klopps blindspot. Not delivered anything for over 12 months.. including the horror show at Red Star.

SirBillShankly

Proud to be HETRO.
the smart set 4 lines ex 4231
the speed set 3 lines 433
in smart set the team move like calm wave because there is no space !
klopp will pick speed set 433 but with hendo and against fast bayern team i think the selection and formation will not fit !
I love your posts santana. You are a breath of fresh air.
Looks like Jürgen's gone for a different set- the working men's set.

Herb

Something in my mind is telling me that midfield three as a collective hasn’t been good at all this season. Pretty sure it’s what we went with in Paris and possibly in Napoli after Keita came off about ten minutes in and both of those performances were awful. But saying that I can’t think of many other times this season when it’s actually been used, possibly PSG at home which was actually a fantastic all round performance. Those two away games are probably colouring my judgement a bit.

Still, I'm disappointed Fabinho isn’t starting. In the last couple of months imo he’s been head and shoulders above the rest of our midfielders and has earnt the right to be a nailed on starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.