PRE MATCH: Bournemouth vs Liverpool (EPL), Saturday December 8th 2018, 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

TIA Reserve Team
We beat the thugs, now onto a more cultured side, 2nd in the table vs 7th. In theory we should play a lot better against these types of sides. Liverpool now have 39 points in 15 games which is our best point total at this stage of the season.

Liverpool's form for the last 5 games in the EPL - DWWWW - Still 2 points from a perfect 15, so one more win will move that draw off the last 5 form. That would have a sexy look to it.
Bournemouth's form for the last 5 games in the EPL - LLLLW - They had to beat Huddersfield 2-1 in order to break their run of 4 consecutive losses.

Liverpool unfortunately have a serious injury to Joe Gomez, who has been fantastic for us this season. I am guessing that Mane should be ok for Saturday, however I don't think he will be risked from the start, so maybe a sub appearance just to keep him sharp.
Bournemouth have a much more serious injury to Lewis Cook, who is out for the rest of the season.

I have been going over lineup permutations and am completely lost when it comes to midfield and attack. I would really like to see Keita and Fabinho play together. My major issue is what to do on the left, so I think we are going to see Lallana there, which is far from my favorite idea.

Code:
           Alisson
TAA    Lovren     Virgil   Robertson
            Fabinho
     Gini    Keïta      Lallana 
        Salah     Firmino
My preferred team would not be that much different:
Code:
           Alisson
            Fabinho
         Gini    Keïta
            Firmino
        Salah     Origi
Bournemouth are relatively balanced when it comes to conceding and scoring goals. They are 6th for goals scored (25) and 12th for goals conceded (22) which gives them a goal difference of 3. This is a team where we have to close them down quickly, don't give them time on the ball. Our midfield has to be 100% solid from the start. They have scoring through most of the team, with Wilson scoring 9 and assisting on 5. Fraser is also worth a mention as he has scored 5 and assisted on 8.

This is the perfect time to put some major pressure on our rivals, especially with them playing after us, and against a top 4 side that normally plays well at home.

I am going for a calm, comfortable and realistic 0-2 result, devoid of all stress.

Alright Now

We beat the thugs, now onto a more cultured side, 2nd in the table vs 7th. In theory we should play a lot better against these types of sides. Liverpool now have 39 points in 15 games which is our best point total at this stage of the season.

Liverpool's form for the last 5 games in the EPL - DWWWW - Still 2 points from a perfect 15, so one more win will move that draw off the last 5 form. That would have a sexy look to it.
Bournemouth's form for the last 5 games in the EPL - LLLLW - They had to beat Huddersfield 2-1 in order to break their run of 4 consecutive losses.

Liverpool unfortunately have a serious injury to Joe Gomez, who has been fantastic for us this season. I am guessing that Mane should be ok for Saturday, however I don't think he will be risked from the start, so maybe a sub appearance just to keep him sharp.
Bournemouth have a much more serious injury to Lewis Cook, who is out for the rest of the season.

I have been going over lineup permutations and am completely lost when it comes to midfield and attack. I would really like to see Keita and Fabinho play together. My major issue is what to do on the left, so I think we are going to see Lallana there, which is far from my favorite idea.

Code:
           Alisson
            Fabinho
     Gini    Keïta      Lallana
        Salah     Firmino
My preferred team would not be that much different:
Code:
           Alisson
            Fabinho
         Gini    Keïta
            Firmino
        Salah     Origi
Bournemouth are relatively balanced when it comes to conceding and scoring goals. They are 6th for goals scored (25) and 12th for goals conceded (22) which gives them a goal difference of 3. This is a team where we have to close them down quickly, don't give them time on the ball. Our midfield has to be 100% solid from the start. They have scoring through most of the team, with Wilson scoring 9 and assisting on 5. Fraser is also worth a mention as he has scored 5 and assisted on 8.

This is the perfect time to put some major pressure on our rivals, especially with them playing after us, and against a top 4 side that normally plays well at home.

I am going for a calm, comfortable and realistic 0-2 result, devoid of all stress.
I am rooting for you to go WWW

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Bournemouth so have played all but 3 teams in the current top 10, Spurs, Brighton and us. Out of the 6 matches, they've beaten only one team in the current top 10 bracket, they won 4-2 against Leicester, and they've drawn against Everton (2-2). Against the big boys (the supposedly top 6), they have lost to all of them. Chelsea beat them 2-0 at Stanford Bridge, City beat them 3-1 at the Etihad, United and Arsenal beat them at their own turf. So they don't usually do well against the big guns and I think it is by design. Eddie Howe may have looked at the big picture and told his boys to just do the best they can against the giants, but must play well enough to beat the ones that isn't deemed as top 6.

So now they are hosting us and they have been scoring goals quite frequently too with 25 in 15 matches, while conceding 22. We need to be wary of a few players Callum Wilson seemed to be on a pretty hot streak this season with 8 goals to his name and the thorn that always seemed to be poking us, Fraser is also having a very good season with 4 goals and King with 5. The main supplier of their ammunition is Fraser with 7 assists while Wilson has 5.

Without Gomez, pace can be a problem for us at the back. Matip doesn't seem to have the best reflex and reaction to chase his marker down, and if he gets too close he could get turned very easily. So we may need someone to keep a very close eye on Fraser and Wilson. Stop these two from playing as we should have a very good chance to going back to Anfield with a smile on our face when we prepare ourselves to host Napoli in midweek. And we need to win this to keep City on their toes since the fixtures guru feels we should have one less day of rest against our opponent.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
This turns out tricky now , especially with the injury to Gomez and TAA needing a rest. Not sure how klopp can fit in a Clyne here who's barely played in a match against Bournemouth. There is the problem of VVD needing a rest too. I hope Klopp has learnt his lesson on not playing Gomez in RB again. Can Fabinho fill in as a stop gap in the RB position ?

Fabinho VVD Matip Moreno
Milner Gini Keita
Shaqiri/Sturridge
Salah Mane

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
They can have a rest in May.
I don't think VDVwould subscribe to the theory that he needs a rest. There are no like for like replacements to slot in, especially now that Gomez is injured. He can rest when this is over, he is a professional and will do what is required for the team.

This is tricky.
VDV and Trent to start, Lovren and Robbo. Midfield of Fabiho, Gini and Keita
Firmino Salah and Shaqiri up front. Foot firmly on the pedal.

Bizarre to think that in just over three and half weeks time we play City, but between now and then we have Bournemouth, Napoli, United, Wolves, Newcastle and Arsenal.

Saving grace is that once Bournemouth is out of the way, travelling won't eat into recovery time. The only away match is a short trip to Wolverhampton.

Hard to expect too much rotation from the first 13 until after the United match, but Newcastle and Wolves might offer some opportunity before the Arsenal and City games

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
This turns out tricky now , especially with the injury to Gomez and TAA needing a rest. Not sure how klopp can fit in a Clyne here who's barely played in a match against Bournemouth. There is the problem of VVD needing a rest too. I hope Klopp has learnt his lesson on not playing Gomez in RB again. Can Fabinho fill in as a stop gap in the RB position ?

Fabinho VVD Matip Moreno
Milner Gini Keita
Shaqiri/Sturridge
Salah Mane

You must be VERY confident to pick a team without a 'keeper

FilthyBloke

Will be a different game to Burnley for sure.
Personally I’d play the same team pretty much.
Becker
TAA
Robertson (if fit)
Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Milner
Wijnandum

Shaqiri
Salah
Firmino

Keita and Henderson to come on with origi late on...

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
I'd put Fab in at RB too , we need Trent tip-top for Napoli. I expect Keita will be saved for that game too after that performance on Wed , so expect to see the usual midfield of Gini /Hendo/MIlner.

A win here is absolutely crucial to put some pressure on the Mancs later on , where I expect Sarri is going to get a reaction from his players after two poor outings.

Top of the league come Saturday night ? I wouldn't bet against it.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
If Mane is unfit I would stick Shaqiri out wide. Rest Milner and Gini and Keita deserves to keep his place as his was superb last time out.Can see a narrow 1-2 win for the Redmen.

Team i'd like to see:

..........................Becker..............
Trent..........Matip.......Virgil........Robertson
............Henderson. ....Fabinho...........
............................Keita........................
Salah................Firmino. .................Shaqiri

I'm wondering if Camacho is going to get a surprise appearance, he certainly seems more favoured than Clyne is now, and Alexander-Arnold surely needs to be in best physical shape for the two matches after...

Secondary question is whether Jurgen will reward Origi for an assist by keeping faith in him, although I don't think he does so well in our system as a winger trying to build up play that deep. Like Salah he seems to do much better closer to the box. Sturridge though, is probably best served in Bobby's 10 role if he's going to be starting. He doesn't seem to have the legs for being the furthest forward, and although he lacks the intensity and stamina of Bobby, he can do and has done his fair share of tracking back and pressing.

I'd expect to see Matip start again if Moreno starts, one underrated difference with him and Robertson (and I think one of the manager's biggest concerns rather than the stereotypical ones) is that Moreno is not very strong aerially, especially not with his height. If Clyne is available, then he would probably be the manager's pick for the most similar to Gomez at right back. I highly doubt we would see a Moreno & Alexander-Arnold combination again, it seems more likely (fitness permitting) that we'd see Robertson back again, and any adventurous changes being Camacho in for Alexander-Arnold. It might just be me, but I feel that our full-backs are generally always paired stylistically, with a more defensive one paired with a more attacking one. Robertson is versatile enough to be either, but I think for right back, the differences have resulted in our team selections so far.

Midfield is another interesting conundrum, I don't expect to see Milner for this one, but then again, I don't really expect to see Henderson again, not with the two games after. I think one reason why we seem to blame our midfield a lot lately is that the three biggest culprits for blame also happen to be the three most disciplined players in our team. We are clearly playing a lot more conservatively this season, and it seems that the safe play (backwards and sideways passing and all) seems to be a tactical decision by the manager. If we think objectively about it, none of the three are actually technically limited at all, with all three possessing great passing and ball retention skills. As I am rather unfamiliar with Bournemouth's team, I am going to go out on a limb and say that we would probably start Fabinho, Keita, and Shaqiri, for the optimal balance of the upcoming matches, as well as the pace that the latter two possess.

Bournemouth so have played all but 3 teams in the current top 10, Spurs, Brighton and us. Out of the 6 matches, they've beaten only one team in the current top 10 bracket, they won 4-2 against Leicester, and they've drawn against Everton (2-2). Against the big boys (the supposedly top 6), they have lost to all of them. Chelsea beat them 2-0 at Stanford Bridge, City beat them 3-1 at the Etihad, United and Arsenal beat them at their own turf. So they don't usually do well against the big guns and I think it is by design. Eddie Howe may have looked at the big picture and told his boys to just do the best they can against the giants, but must play well enough to beat the ones that isn't deemed as top 6.

So now they are hosting us and they have been scoring goals quite frequently too with 25 in 15 matches, while conceding 22. We need to be wary of a few players Callum Wilson seemed to be on a pretty hot streak this season with 8 goals to his name and the thorn that always seemed to be poking us, Fraser is also having a very good season with 4 goals and King with 5. The main supplier of their ammunition is Fraser with 7 assists while Wilson has 5.

Without Gomez, pace can be a problem for us at the back. Matip doesn't seem to have the best reflex and reaction to chase his marker down, and if he gets too close he could get turned very easily. So we may need someone to keep a very close eye on Fraser and Wilson. Stop these two from playing as we should have a very good chance to going back to Anfield with a smile on our face when we prepare ourselves to host Napoli in midweek. And we need to win this to keep City on their toes since the fixtures guru feels we should have one less day of rest against our opponent.
3CPO!!!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Kind of looking forward to this, but don't like the early kick offs.

Both teams have injured players, but we also have a massive game Tuesday. Anyone know whats happened to Dejan?
I can see Fabinho in at right back.

Gini should start, along with Salah and Bobby - but Origi and Studge could get into a groove if picked again.

Tricky selection.

Alisson
TAA-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
Fabinho-Henderson
Salah-Shaq-Kieta
Firmino

Expect to see Salah and Firmino back for this one. This game is a mini rehearsal for the match against Napoli, so barring any tiredness or injury, we should be starting close to full strength. Left Milner out as he is dead cert to start on Wed. Henderson may well be on the bench with the Napoli game in mind. We will need Kieta's drive to see us through, so he starts.

lol

Typical this would be an early kick-off, as at that time I'm going to be in Build-A-Bear Workshop overseeing a children's party for my eldest's 8th birthday. We'll be home by 3pm :-(
Yeah,my workplace is having a Christmas Fayre on Saturday at 10-12 and i have clear up after,i reckon we'll be rewarded with a tidy win for our sacrifice,or we'll be blamed if we don't.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
lol

Typical this would be an early kick-off, as at that time I'm going to be in Build-A-Bear Workshop overseeing a children's party for my eldest's 8th birthday. We'll be home by 3pm :-(
Reminds me of the days where I would reluctantly agree to go Shopping with the mrs on a Saturday afternoon. After being grumpy, she'd say lets meet up in half hour - I would then find Dixons and stand outside watching teletext, with around another 10 geezers in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.