PRE MATCH: Bournemouth vs Liverpool (EPL), Saturday December 8th 2018, 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Actually, Milner is playing a more advanced role. Fabinho is more often than not positioned behind Milner but not hugging the touch line but even though it seems like Milner is playing RB the area is covered by both Fabinho and Milner with Milner in a more advanced role.
This kinda distorts our shape in the middle...

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Will take it but this isn't good, we need to improve especially in midfield, they are more snappy and up for it in there, was hoping for more from Keita, none of them clicking up front hence the lack of any chances.
It’s fine. We away from home in the early kick against the side in seventh in horrible conditions.

Alright Now

Yea. For us, with a limited squad compared to city, we need all our ace players fit for the entire season if we are to have any chance. And makes sense to stop the ppressing as it saps a lot of energy. Who knows, maybe we will revisit it in the 2nd half of the season.
Jurgen mentioned in a recent interview that the press was futile given the way most teams were choosing to play us. But he did make your point that it may make its return later in the season.

sms1986

You've got to have shots at goal to do that, they were our only 2 weren't they?

Bournemouth have to open up so that'll help 2nd half.
We didn't have many shots but I didn't see that half ending 0-0.

Think it'll be another 3-1 to us.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Was it offside? Missed the goal...
Salah was a half step offside on his run behind when Firmino shit, Begovic gave up a big fat rebound, Salah pounced.

Hard one to call in real time, because the official is focusing on the ball. But between that and Milner's tackle, we cannot complain about the officiating.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
HT 0-1:

I think that the lads have done really well so far. Just like Burnley, Bournemouth are up for it, propose a physical challenge and try to put us under pressure. But unlike Burnley, they are a team in good form right now, with high confidence, and a genuine collective ability to move the ball around.

Despite of this, our lads have played better than at Burnley the other day. Again roughly 75% possession of the ball, and Bournemouth's commitment is matched by our lads so far. The goal shouldn't have stood of course, but on balance, the lead is not undeserved.

Towards the end of the half, conditions worsened a bit (much wind) and it seemed to give Bournemouth a bit more belief, and they put our lads under a lot of pressure, which was well dealt with to be fair.

For the second half, our players need to stay committed, and watch for the space and time opening up for them, as Bournemouth will need to come out, and will inevitably tire down with the half going on. Hopefully our lads can pounce on the chances they'll get. Fingers crossed!

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
This kinda distorts our shape in the middle...
We seem to be doing fine though since they're hardly attacking from the wings. It might change in the second half but most of their attack has come through the middle and so the gap left at right bank hasn't really troubled us much.

Werder4life

Solid match so far , a bit lucky with the goal considering a possible offside call. Otherwise I'd like to see a bit more short passing into movement - there have been glimpses and a few good runs , but a lot of it ends in either confusion or been ignored by the passer in favour of the safe pass back or sideways.
I feel we're going to need at least a 2nd one. In conditions like this any freak ball accident can cost us 2 points without anyone really at fault. Some of the long balls took weird flightpaths. Bournemouth are still very passive , but I wouldn't rule out them scoring from a counter either. It all looks a bit to cosy for me to buy into it atm.

Herb

Played alright, not great but had a decent amount of control. A couple of dodgy defensive moments, the Milner slice was a bit mental but the big pink fellah between the sticks just emptied their lad with that header. Hopefully they’ll come out and play a bit more and we can pick them off.

Red Ted

It’s fine. We away from home in the early kick against the side in seventh in horrible conditions.
Will take 0-1 every time but it talk of best first half performances is way off, nothing is happening up top but it should be better 2nd half.

kwala

TIA Regular
Have to say i've not watched Bournemouth for a while but is this amount of effort theyre putting in usual? Surely they can't keep this up all game. They seem to have 8 men in attack and 8 in defence.

Need to move the ball quicker, and more progressively. Giving them too much time to get back in to shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.