PRE MATCH: Bournemouth vs Liverpool (EPL), Saturday December 8th 2018, 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Ted

One of those useless reporters actually asked Klopp something interesting today about right back options & Fabinho, Milner & Henderson being used there, Klopp did allude to other options as well as those 3 and said he had a plan and we'll soon find out as TAA won't be playing every game.

Fabinho makes most sense simply because he has so much experience playing there followed by Milner, we'll see.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
A repeat of last season's result would be very, very nice. But we are without Joe Gomez and Sadio is a doubt.

For Bournemouth, Lewis Cook and Dan Gosling are out, but their ranks will be strengthened by the appearance of Lee Mason (my tip for their man of the match).

Not only that, it's a bloody, bloody, bloody 12:30 kickoff. Away from home. I hate 12:30 kickoffs. I especially hate 12:30 kickoffs when we are away form home. The slough of despond that is the 12:30 kickoff away from home. A crime against humanity; an affront to human dignity; a cruel and unusual punishment. I loath 12:30 kickoffs and despise the foul and loathsome creatures of the pit who devised them; may their privy parts be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels, may they go bald from ringworm, these artisans of the abomination of desolation that is the 12:30 kick off.

Did I mention it's a 12:30 kick off? ergo:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)
I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:
Love the 12:30 (7:30am) kickoffs, roll out of bed, get the coffee made, watch the footie, start my day. Nothing better.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Fabinho is the man to play right back or centre back, don't want to see Clyne or Phillips. Milner is also a good option at right back if needed. Shouldn't be a problem for this one though, Trent will start this.

A 12:30 kickoff when we're basically playing in Northern France is ridiculous, especially given we only played on wednesday. Should be in a pretty good place given our rotation but it's still not ideal.

Keita and Shaq to retain their places hopefully.

Bournemouth's form has dropped off and they were lucky the other night vs Huddersfield. Turn up and we should get the result.
That made me laugh, took a look at the distance, and lo....same distance between Liverpool, Bournemouth and Calais 200km as the crow flies.

Red Ted

The talk of untested youth team players being thrown in the deep end doesn't really make any sense, why would he?

It would be a big surprise & a big unnecessary gamble if he were to do something like that.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
One of those useless reporters actually asked Klopp something interesting today about right back options & Fabinho, Milner & Henderson being used there, Klopp did allude to other options as well as those 3 and said he had a plan and we'll soon find out as TAA won't be playing every game.

Fabinho makes most sense simply because he has so much experience playing there followed by Milner, we'll see.
We have many options for emergency RB but Fabinho is probably the only CB emergency option as long as Lovren is out.

Not sure if I feel more comfortable if Klopp names an academy player on the bench or if he plans to use Fabinho as the third CB in case we need one.

Red Ted

We have many options for emergency RB but Fabinho is probably the only CB emergency option as long as Lovren is out.

Not sure if I feel more comfortable if Klopp names an academy player on the bench or if he plans to use Fabinho as the third CB in case we need one.
Fabinho every time, the other option is way to big a risk, look at that Spurs kid Foyth, big mistake after big mistake since his debut, we can't risk that right now.

Lovren should be back soon enough, for Napoli hopefully.

C

Caradoc

Klopp will find a solution. What that is I don’t know but if necessary he’ll have one. Agree about not throwing young’uns in for the sake of it though.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
As tense as it is at the minute having to win to keep with the chase with Man City, how refreshing that we are actually in a title race.
We are basically the only viable alternative to Man City.
Stranger things have happened and I much prefer to this than fighting for fourth.
2-1 win.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
As tense as it is at the minute having to win to keep with the chase with Man City, how refreshing that we are actually in a title race.
We are basically the only viable alternative to Man City.
Stranger things have happened and I much prefer to this than fighting for fourth.
2-1 win.
The psychology is really odd. The top two is as tight at this point as it has been since Arsenal was chasing Leicester three years ago, but somehow the feel for just about everyone, City fans, LFC fans, and the media alike, that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. City will relentlessly grind to the finish line like a juggernaut, Liverpool's human failings will be exposed.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Aye. Which may work in our favour. Time will tell.
The pressure and expectancy is off us really. Even most of our fans don’t think we’ll do it this season.
And city, under pep, haven’t had a challenger yet. They could steam roller their way to the title, or our constant pulling at their coat tails might make them crumble like origami.

The psychology is really odd. The top two is as tight at this point as it has been since Arsenal was chasing Leicester three years ago, but somehow the feel for just about everyone, City fans, LFC fans, and the media alike, that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. City will relentlessly grind to the finish line like a juggernaut, Liverpool's human failings will be exposed.

jaffod

I remember another time Mason 'refereed' us in an away game in December when we were vying for the title with City. Didn't end well. Maybe Webb will come out of retirement for the United match.

Despite the injuries we can still rotate pretty well tomorrow. Hopefully Robbo will be back, rest of the defence picks itself. Gini and Fabinho as the pivot or whatever the fuck they call it, Keita to link play with Bobby, Mo and Shaqiri up front.
Wouldn't risk Mane, Sturridge is highly unlikely to start again and Origi was a bit disappointing for me the other night so I'd leave him on the bench. Maybe bring Milner on for Trent after an hour if it's going ok.
Oh, and let's not forget Lallana, I reckon he'll get 10 minutes at the end to commit a foul in a dangerous situation before doing his hammy getting back on the coach.

StevieJayUSA

Same except 430 am for me. I told my wife I was fired up it was early and she looked at me like I had two heads.
Yeah, I’ve been on the west coast a couple of times for these 12:30 starts. I mean, I’m an early riser, but 4:30 am? Shit, that’s even a commitment for an old screw like me. Much nicer at 7:30, I’ll have had a couple cups of coffee by then.

BigJon

This game is going to require subtle tactics, agility, speed, intelligence, and forward thinking - so no Henderson then.

Allison
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Fabinho Gini
Keita
Shaq Salah Firmino

Subs Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Mane,Sturridge Origi, Mingolet

Bournemouth do like to get down the wings - so need to play our fastest fullbacks. Expect to see Fabinho slotting in at RB v Napoli

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
Love the 12:30 (7:30am) kickoffs, roll out of bed, get the coffee made, watch the footie, start my day. Nothing better.
This works for me the other way with Aussies Rules...

Living in Oz and watching the PL is a nightmare...middle of the night only. Living in the UK and watching AFL...early mornings, good to go.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
10 of Cities 12 dropped points came in the second half of last season.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I love the 12:30 kick offs from the other end of the day. Right now that's 9:30 p.m. here and an hour earlier during BST. It's perfect timing for me: finish dinner, have a bath, open a cold one, and find a stream just in time for the kick off.

Think this one is going to be quite challenging but not beyond us. Obviously. My prediction. 2-0 to us.

Ben64

A repeat of last season's result would be very, very nice. But we are without Joe Gomez and Sadio is a doubt.

For Bournemouth, Lewis Cook and Dan Gosling are out, but their ranks will be strengthened by the appearance of Lee Mason (my tip for their man of the match).

Not only that, it's a bloody, bloody, bloody 12:30 kickoff. Away from home. I hate 12:30 kickoffs. I especially hate 12:30 kickoffs when we are away form home. The slough of despond that is the 12:30 kickoff away from home. A crime against humanity; an affront to human dignity; a cruel and unusual punishment. I loath 12:30 kickoffs and despise the foul and loathsome creatures of the pit who devised them; may their privy parts be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels, may they go bald from ringworm, these artisans of the abomination of desolation that is the 12:30 kick off.

Did I mention it's a 12:30 kick off? ergo:

This game has all the makings of a potential banana skin! :rolleyes: (well someone had to say it)
I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :shocked:
Just for info, noon kickoff is nice find for us here in Asia.

Living in Oz and watching the PL is a nightmare...middle of the night only. Living in the UK and watching AFL...early mornings, good to go.
understand. noon games are good for us. 8:30 pm here and few hours later Down Under. YNWA!!!

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan

But you do support cahltn! So no amount of perfect times are going to make your day enjoyable.

BigJon

If they were playing Aussie Rules at the bottom of my garden I would draw the curtains. Agree about the PL though -thank god for Optus record.

Barry O'Connor

I'm not sure how much pressure City will actually feel but theres no harm in finding out. The Russians are desperate for a result so let's make it Interesting lads. Hope Keita and Fabhino start. And hopefully Howe continues to encourage his team to play football and not rugby. If they do then we should be able to create enough chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.