PRE MATCH: Bournemouth vs Liverpool (EPL), Saturday December 8th 2018, 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilkored08

Reminds me of the days where I would reluctantly agree to go Shopping with the mrs on a Saturday afternoon. After being grumpy, she'd say lets meet up in half hour - I would then find Dixons and stand outside watching teletext, with around another 10 geezers in the same boat.
Luckily in our shopping centre we have a 'sky' pop up shop....very useful at times when shopping...to sit a wait for the Mr...with about 10 other bods....

dockers_strike

I like Eddie Howe, he talks straight and his teams try to play football (and succeed). He's one of the few managers of perceived smaller teams in the Prem who will go toe to toe with the elite ones. If he'd been born in Europe or further afield, some big clubs in England would be after him.

I think this is another big test for us and again, the 3 points here takes priority of anything to do with Napoli. Looks like Mane, Lovren and Clyne are all out so it's bambi on ice Matip partnering Virgil with Trent and Robbo returning. Midfield is anyone's guess but Id like to see Keita keep his place, Milner will likely be rested for midweek. Upfront it's got to be Mo and Bobby and A.N. Other, possibly the Shaq or maybe even Origi? Cmon reds, let's go!

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Liverpool: Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Mignolet, Mane, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi, Alexander-Arnold

The Klopp plan...Fabinho at RB.

Strong bench too today. Glad to see Keita start.

dockers_strike

Team
Liverpool: Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Mane, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi, Alexander-Arnold.

RedForever2014

Interesting.

Looks like Fabinho at right back with Gini holding and Milner/Keita in a 1-2.

Great thing is this could switch around.

Herb

Interesting line up with a flexible shape. Looks like Milner is listed as the RB, could be 433 or 4321 with Keita left, or 4312 with Shaq behind Bobby and Mo.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Decent lineup.
Is milner at RB or fabinho?
And whats up with clyne?! He's not even in the bench.

Harrisimo

Always has the feel of a 3rd round cup tie here. Probably because of the size of the club and ground. Keep it tight at the back and pick them off with pacy clever attacks.

RedForever2014

Decent lineup.
Clyne's injured apparently. Probably why TAA is being used sparingly to avoid a right back crisis.

Clyne, Lovren and Gomez injured from the defensive 8 man squad, Moreno missing too. Shows why you need two for each position.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Decent lineup.
Clyne isn't fit, stomach problem or something. I thing Milner will play at right back, then again we won't know until kick off.

We may even go with 3 at the back?

Herb

Klopp confirms Milner is RB. I expect Fabinho and Gini to hold with Shaq and Naby given a lot of freedom ahead of them.

No Wilson for Bournemouth is a nice boost for us. Maybe solidifies them a bit defensively.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I Can’t see us going three at the back on two training sessions. I think it’s this.

Alisson
Milner Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah—-Shaqiri—-Keita
Firmino​

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Decent lineup.
I’m guessing Fabinho just because of his experience in that position. It’s a good looking starting 11, much better than my guess. The midfield should be able to dominate the middle, this is what we need to do against them.

Never mind, Milner confirmed as rb.

RedinAsia

Apart from Matip I like the look of this line-up. Haven't posted for a few weeks as a protest for JK not starting the Rubic on a regular basis. Becker and Virgil were necessary buys, whereas Shaq was an afterthought bargain-buy. The Cube is a game changer and adds as much to the team as the big money buys. Hope he delivers again today. 2 - 1 to the Reds and 1 - 0 to Chelski will make my day. YNWA

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Great line up , we might see some heavy metal football today. The only reservation I've got funnily enough is Hendo on the bench which might mean he's being held back for Napoli which is not what I'd like to see.

I'll go for a conservative 1-3.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Klopp explains team selection

James Milner will be deployed at right-back on the occasion of his 500th Premier League appearance, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

“It’s no problem. I thought it could be a problem, but obviously he would have even played goalkeeper in game number 500!” said the boss.
“We need to be flexible, all of us, in this period – different positions, different jobs to do in the games. But it’s only slightly different and Millie knows it from his time at left-back.

“We are a very offensive-orientated team, which means he is very often in a comfortable area. With his experience, and especially against Bournemouth with the counter-attack, you need all the defensive skills as well. Fraser, Brooks, Stanislas or whoever are all nice and speedy, King as well.

“It’s a job to do, but it’s nice to be part of the 500th Premier League game of Millie.”
Elsewhere, Klopp has made five changes for the fixture with the Cherries, including recalls for Fabinho, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, while Andy Robertson is back after a knock.

The manager added: “I don’t think any of the boys have to show they are ready for a test or whatever. It was clear when we built the squad for the season that we wanted to have opportunities like that.

“It’s never easy because for football, rhythm is a very important thing and if you have no rhythm, like you saw in the first half against Burnley, it makes life a bit uncomfortable, but that’s normal. Having that game was very, very important and then the second half showed everything is fine.

“Now we have to do the same again because it’s only three days since Burnley, and we play our next game in three days. We don’t think about Napoli in the moment, but we cannot ignore it from an intensity point of view.”

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Great line up , we might see some heavy metal football today. The only reservation I've got funnily enough is Hendo on the bench which might mean he's being held back for Napoli which is not what I'd like to see.

I'll go for a conservative 1-3.
I've seen it all now. Having a pop at a player that's not even in the starting 11

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Love the 12:30 (7:30am) kickoffs, roll out of bed, get the coffee made, watch the footie, start my day. Nothing better.
Well begging your honour's pardon; sorry I spoke. :((

I'm sure that our away fans, those that have made the trek to Bournemouth, will be made up for you. :rolleyes:

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Love the 12:30 (7:30am) kickoffs, roll out of bed, get the coffee made, watch the footie, start my day. Nothing better.
Fucking hate the 12:30 (4:30am) kickoffs, sleep through it, watch it on the DVR, avoid the phone and social media in the process, likely be unable to watch in peace since the wife is a lazy lump and is still under the covers when the daughter comes downstairs and demands Peppa cunting Pig on the telly instead.

Swings and roundabouts.

W00die

Ad-free Member
Wilson out of the Bournmouth side which is good for us

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Bournemouth are tricky team. Fraser is a thorn.
Let's hope we get the job done and out pressure on city.
Every game needs to be a cup final now.

Status
Not open for further replies.