• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Bournemouth vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 16 | Saturday December 7th 15:00h | Vitality Stadium

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Away game at Bournemouth next. They lost their last 4 games and will be without Harry Wilson. Bournemouth squad doesn't really look like it is made to play twice a weak - very thin IMO. Don't think the extra day preparation will help them as we will bring in some fresh legs.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Milner
AOC Henderson Keita
Salah Firmino Origi

Very important game vs Salzburg a few days later so i'm pretty sure some of the starters from the Everton game will be rested.

Y.N.W.A.

Incognito

The Normal One
Like the idea of Mane getting a rest here. Certainly looks the most important player attacking wise at present. Win this and watch the mancs lose shite and confused in their game later. That'll be fun.

A clean sheet would be a welcome change but I'll gladly take another 5-2 sort of stuff with an easy last 20-25 minutes, for both the players and fans.

donks

TIA First Team
Bournemouth are usually the perfect opposition for us, they try to play too much football and are very open at the back plus they are in a wretched run of form.

Id expect Henderson Ox Keita Bobby and Salah to comeback in and maybe Gomez. Mane will possibly be rested and hard to see Shaqiri starting again after only coming back from a lengthy lay off.

I think it's time we kept a clean sheet so I'm going for 2-0 to the reds with Salah and Bobby on the scoresheet.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
With Jurgen throwing the changes against Everton, it does freshen things up for Bournemouth with one eye on the Salzburg game too. Lets keep collecting the 3 points. Bournemouth are in a bit of a pickle at the moment, and should be a good time to play them.

I hope they keep their footballing identity which will be good for us to play against. Looking forward to it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
They've only lost twice at home, once to Wolves very recently and the other was to Man City at the start of the season. Mostly draws and they've wo twice, against United and Everton. They are an attacking side, so they will be pushing forward a lot. We just need to keep a cool head. Not going to be easy because they need the points badly after 5 losses in a row. Wounded animal should never be underestimated.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Making my first visit to Dean Court on Saturday. Looking forward to going to a small cramped ground...expect our end to be bouncing!

As others have suggested, Klopp may go for more rotation and rest. Would expect the ones who didn't play on Weds (when me smashed the bitters...incase anyone forgot) to start...so Henderson, Ox, Bobby and Salah, as well as Alisson back in. Mane rest? Maybe Gomez in? Kieta?!

Expect us to make it another nervy win.

yiannos33

Believe
Klopp will have a few tough decisions to make with this one. After a fantastic performance by Origi,Shaq against the bitters,does he replaces them or give an extra few days rest to Salah and Firmino. TAA could use some rest as does
Robo. There is also a tough game coming up against Salzburg to think about. We can’t take anyone lighter here.
I guess if anyone can make the right decisions is Klopp.

Alright Now

Klopp will have a few tough decisions to make with this one. After a fantastic performance by Origi,Shaq against the bitters,does he replaces them or give an extra few days rest to Salah and Firmino. TAA could use some rest as does
Robo. There is also a tough game coming up against Salzburg to think about. We can’t take anyone lighter here.
I guess if anyone can make the right decisions is Klopp.
TAA didn’t start against Napoli. Wonder if that was his breather.

alaskared

Kloppite
I'll take whatever team sheet Jurgen puts out.

I'm just glad Harry Wilson won't be playing for them given that he is ours.

Bobby and Mo due some goals, rest Mane for Salzburg. I love that Messi said he voted for Mane as the best, he is brilliant our Sadio, really appreciate his humility also.

sharkula

i think Mane is on a mission gunning for the golden boot, he is really setting himself a high bar this year, he is at a disadvantage (compared to vardy and aguero) since he isnt taking penalties for the team. He seems to be upset he missed the goal against everton. I really like him this season with all the aggression and speed and has picked up the slack from salah who is off form now.
No way Mane is going to be rested for this match, i think he will be fired up.

Last edited:

iftikhar

Away game at Bournemouth next. They lost their last 4 games and will be without Harry Wilson. Bournemouth squad doesn't really look like it is made to play twice a weak - very thin IMO. Don't think the extra day preparation will help them as we will bring in some fresh legs.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Milner
AOC Henderson Keita
Salah Firmino Origi

Very important game vs Salzburg a few days later so i'm pretty sure some of the starters from the Everton game will be rested.

Y.N.W.A.
Yes, I would also fancy this lineup. May be Shaqiri for Salah as well.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
JK very chilled today in the presser. He was reminded that he'd made 30 changes in December last season. This is the part of the season where we usually see mass rotation and we will again tomorrow. He will want to go max strength against Salzburg on Tues so that will obviously come into his thinking. Going out of the CL into the Europa would be a disaster. Must avoid that at all costs.

Bournemouth aren't in the greatest form and are more or less the ideal team for us to play because of their set up and general approach. Doubt they'll be caught as high up the pitch as Everton. Their best chance might be to give it a go because we are vulnerable when teams get on the front foot but that then opens up the possibility of them being destroyed on the counter.

Mo loves playing against Bournemouth so I can see him starting. Mane rested and possibly a run out for Keita. Whatever the changes I trust JK to do the right thing. He is the absolute master of squad management. There was a freshness about the Everton performance and it was down to the lads who came in all playing well and being right up for it. Shows how strong the team spirit is and whatever team we put out will be capable of winning here.

bazza66

TIA Oldie, still in the Youth Team though
Ad-free Member

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
The one thing we should never do is underestimate another Prem side, especially at their place, so I am hoping for a win, but a draw wouldn't be a complete disaster either. There has been posts that have said Mane should be rested, but the man is a machine, indestructible, and could very well play a cameo role until we get a lead and then be substituted. Mo Salah will definitely start and I believe Trent and Robbo should also be played along with Virg and Lovren. Anyway, I think we can trust Jürgen to come up with the goods and keep the pressure up on Citeh and the Foxes.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Interesting how we will set up.
Bournemouth are a decent side and love to play attacking football.
May be we will start like this?
.............Alisson............
TAA.....Gomez...VVD....Robbo
.....Milner....Hendo....Keita....
..salah.....Origi......Ox

Salzburg game is very important, would like mane to get rest.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Here's another interesting stats.... We've played 7 away, won 6 and drew 1. We have also conceded 5 in those 7 matches and scored 13. So we don't score a lot away from home, less than 2 goals per game, but we don't concede a lot either. In contrast to our home form we scored 24 and conceded 9 in the last 8 matches. Bournemouth on the other hand had scored 9 and conceded 9 as well at their own turf. Like us, they are not known for their clean sheets, so we can rest assure there'll be goals and we can also be certain it is going to make us sweat.

tesh

TIA New Signing
Strongest possible side for this.

However... I just don't know what our strongest side is against Bournemouth! The Everton game proved/suggested that there is at the very least a conundrum for the manager in terms of personal on duty....

p.s. I'm ok with a bad/poor/rubbish result at RB

Red over the water

Bournemouth are in a bit of a slump so I'm not sure what to make of that. Does it make it a bit easier to beat them because they are slipping a bit? Or does it make it harder, because they will be keen to fight with all they've got to climb the table a bit more?

On our side we've won 14 and drawn 1. It's incredible. Does this make it more likely that we will win again? Or does the law of averages kick in at some point and we drop points against a 'lesser' side, because, well, that's what everyone does from time to time.

We also have Salzburg coming up. We really can't go out of the CL so that will be a game of maximum focus, almost like its own final in a way. So does that mean we might be in danger of slightly taking our eye off the ball against Bournemouth?

I'm not sure what to think. So Jurgen will probably shuffle the pack again and come up trumps!

The one prediction I will make is I think Keita will play. Klopp made a point of speaking about him in the context of changes made for the Everton game. He told us Keita is training well and he would have liked to have picked him. I think that tells us Keita is in Klopp's thoughts and this will be a game for him to come in and show us what he can do. Hopefully he will step up and do well if called upon.