• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Bradford City v Liverpool (14/7/19 3.00 pm)

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
This is all about the charity; the football is just a run around and we shouldn't look to deeply at individual performances.

This is more than a preseason game, it's a show of support for one of our own and the charity that he is starting.

Mystryman01

Do we have anyone that is due back for this one that wasn't involved against Tranmere?
Only Lovren
With Glatzel out
Otherwise looks like exactly the same squad

Which could mean one of Johnson or Gomez play left back to accomodate Lovren as one of the 4 CB's (With Phillips & Matip)
And then one of Lewis or Larouci (more likely) playing left wing to take the place of Glatzel

Will be two teams playing 45 mins each

Redopium

Do we have anyone that is due back for this one that wasn't involved against Tranmere?
Lovren is the only new player to be involved, Hendo, Trent, Gini and Virgil all back in training today , Robertson had a minor procedure on his hand and not back for a couple of days, looking forward to this another 6-0 would be nice.

Mystryman01

Jaros is injured and won't be playing or travelling to the US, guess Atherton is next in line to play

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Bradford have one of the more interesting supporter groups in the country...

In a time of increasing racial disunity, that’s a prime example of how things should be done.
CoG. I know exactly what these ladies mean. When I was a teenager I wasn't allowed to go to football matches unless I was with my Dad, Uncle or two chaperones
My mum was always worried about us in case there would be trouble at matches and outside the grounds. When I was in my twenties, my mum said I should invest in a stab-proof vest! She would say why could I not watch the highlights on tv? I used to argue alot with her over this. In those days, it was the hooliganism, I understand now why She was concerned.

Times have changed for the better and few more women from ethnic minorities are actually going to matches now on their own with friends. I can see my mum going to a match nowadays.

Flobs

FADA
Probably the same players as Tranmere but not necessarily in the same teams.
This struck me as being strange, I think i know what you mean (1st half and 2nd half teams?) but the phrase jumps at you when taken at face value. lol

MarcusBerglund

It is really strange not to see Herbie Kane not even in the matchday group for games against Tranmere and Bradford.
The boy had a fantastic season in Doncaster, playing regularly, scoring goals, assisting and improving.
Heard that Hull want him for a season long loan, but still Kent, Wilson, Woodburn are also available for loan, but still played in our first game.
Ejaria and Chirivella also missed the first game.
No Liverpool future for all of them?

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Dejan Lovren starts for Liverpool against Bradford City this afternoon, with Jürgen Klopp planning to field two different outfield teams in each half at Valley Parade.

Lovren makes his first appearance of the summer in a starting XI otherwise unchanged from Thursday’s 6-0 win at Tranmere Rovers.
Joe Gomez therefore moves into the second-half line-up, which also includes Liam Millar in place of the injured Paul Glatzel, for the 3pm BST kick-off.
Simon Mignolet will play the full 90 minutes in goal.

First-half team: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Lovren, Larouci, Milner, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilson, Kent, Brewster.

Second-half team: Mignolet, Hoever, Matip, Gomez, Lewis, Fabinho, Woodburn, Jones, Duncan, Origi, Millar.

Additional substitutes: Atherton, Johnston.

eng.amohd

The segundo volante
I know it is too early to jump to any conclusions especially regarding Sepp and Larouci, but I am extremely excited about the prospect of this back line

Grabara
Hoever - Gomez - Sepp - Larouci

I really want to see them together in action.

Magnus

Anyone have a stream for this ?
Try one of these, mate :) It is very likely that one of them will be decent :)

The first one, called HUD TV, seems good to me. It looks like a good, stable streaming of LFC TV

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Magnus

Magnus

Bradford looks a bit more fit than Tranmere so far. I don't think this will be an overkill like the Tranmere game. That having been said, this is a leage 1 side, so we should obviously beat them with 2-3 goals.