• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Bradford City v Liverpool (14/7/19 3.00 pm)

Magnus

Milner has a really good foot foot for shots. I have often been a bit dismayed at how often his very excellent shots have been blocked in previous seasons. Because the man can shoot.

And of course, he can take penalties, that man as well :)

TBH, Milner is probably my favorite player on Liverpool. Loyal, and a damn fine athlete. He doesn't give up that man. Sure VDV, Salah and Firminho and Mane have more Ooomph, but Milner is so solid. I just like him a person, I really do.

Magnus

Not aging well at all lol
I don't mind that , haha. But I thought Bradford ran around a bit better than Tranmere and I stand by that. Tranmere, didn't pressure much, Bradford seems to try to run towards the ball in a higher tempo, but maybe I am imagining things. Hard to say since the tempo is low in any case. Of course, now it may spiral out of control for them, and it probably will after 2-0, so let us just enjoy the ride :)

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I don't mind that , haha. But I thought Bradford ran around a bit better than Tranmere and I stand by that. Tranmere, didn't pressure much, Bradford seems to try to run towards the ball in a higher tempo, but maybe I am imagining things. Hard to say since the tempo is low in any case. Of course, now it may spiral out of control for them, and it probably will after 2-0, so let us just enjoy the ride :)
If anything i think our 2nd half team has more goals in them than the 1st half. I can see another 6 (i hope), love seeing the kids do well :)

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
The only thing i'm gutted about so far is that even though Larouci looks good i've not seen him make a cross in either game. I keep hoping he will just to see if he's got it in his locker but he always takes another option. Good burst from Kent there

Joe Gomez x

Playing well , controlling the game with our midfielders. Front three haven’t really got much of the ball, not sure if Kent has a future here to be honest. Seems to get out strength quite often compared to Brewster and Wilson.

Joe Gomez x

The only thing i'm gutted about so far is that even though Larouci looks good i've not seen him make a cross in either game. I keep hoping he will just to see if he's got it in his locker but he always takes another option. Good burst from Kent there
First cross just there, well he’s not a Robbo from what I just seen lol

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Stuck with one screen showing the cricket finals , the other Wimbledon ... Don't think I can catch Liverpool live. Yup the third screen is this community. Please keep me updated on the goals etc

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
I know what you mean. Thought about it during the first game. I felt the team in the second half did a better job of setting up Lewis for first time crosses (Curtis Jones in particular) than what they did in the first half with Larouci.

Kent is so explosive out of the dribble. Just looks like he doesn't always know when and how to use his ability.

Magnus

A shame, our midfield and defense would have learned more from that goal being allowed. And Bradford kind of deserved it, seeing they just now launched another good counter attack. Something is not functioning optimally in our midfield (now again, while I write this, again an offside goal).

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I know what you mean. Thought about it during the first game. I felt the team in the second half did a better job of setting up Lewis for first time crosses (Curtis Jones in particular) than what they did in the first half with Larouci.

Kent is so explosive out of the dribble. Just looks like he doesn't always know when and how to use his ability.
Agreed that this is a big part of it but last week he had a few good chances to cross but cut inside instead. It left me wondering if that was a weak spot in his game and he knows it so avoids crossing too much. Even this game he's had a few chances. Hopefully i'm reading too much into it