• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Brighton vs Liverpool (PL Wednesday 08/07/2020 20:15 BST)

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Jesus that’s a quality header from the smallest guy in the pitch, great movement.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
A lot of talk about the players dropping off a few percent since the title was secured - and I think it's true - but I also think our standard of coaching and match prep has dropped off. Last few games it seems like the instructions have just been "don't care who they are, don't care what they try and do, just press high and see what happens". There's no plan here other than that. We are usually so much better prepared.
Because we got off to such a slow start this game?

redalways

TIA Regular
A lot of talk about the players dropping off a few percent since the title was secured - and I think it's true - but I also think our standard of coaching and match prep has dropped off. Last few games it seems like the instructions have just been "don't care who they are, don't care what they try and do, just press high and see what happens". There's no plan here other than that. We are usually so much better prepared.
I'm wondering if it's something new they're trying now that the league is firmly in the bag...

Sweeting

I'm wondering if it's something new they're trying now that the league is firmly in the bag...
I think so, it's the only explanation I've got for going to Man City and playing as high and ggressive as we did. Asking for trouble but it was almost like we didn't care because we were working on the style.

We tried it in pre-season and and looked shite too.

redalways

TIA Regular
I think so, it's the only explanation I've got for going to Man City and playing as high and ggressive as we did. Asking for trouble but it was almost like we didn't care because we were working on the style.

We tried it in pre-season and and looked shite too.
Well it certainly does fit in with the idea that we're already treating this as a kind of pre-season...