• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Brighton vs Liverpool (PL Wednesday 08/07/2020 20:15 BST)

Richard88

Wouldn't mind seeing Neco get a start in either this fixture or against Burnley. Trent has played every game and we have Arsenal away and Chelsea coming up so it would be good to keep him fresh. But I think Burnley is probably the likelier game for him.

Expecting Wijnaldum and Henderson to come back in for this one after not starting against Villa.

Brighton are pretty low-scoring and don't concede many either, and we've been poor away from home lately, so this has the makings of a tight combative affair. As such I'd be tempted to go with Milner if we rotate a little bit, and then be able to bring on the likes of Ox and/or Keita in the 2nd half when things open up a bit more.

----------------- Allison ------------------
Trent --- Gomez ---- VVD -- Robertson
--------------- Henderson --------------
----------- Milner ---- Wijnaldum -------
Salah ---------- Firmino ---------- Mané

Bench: Adrian; Lovren; Neco; Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Jones; Elliott, Minamino, Origi

Freeman

Want to see Shaqiri back. Don't know what's happening with him.
Hope for the 3 points later , come on

Joe Gomez x

First two games I’ve missed in two years. City 4-0 and now this......good luck lads yous might need it :)

Sweeting

Don't want to see Shaqiri anywhere the team to be honest.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Confirmed line-up:

Liverpool:
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Williams, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Milner, Mane, Minamino, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Elliott.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Wonder what ILLOK will ask for for his 2nd wish. (Williams at left back - good luck young man!)

Hope to be proven wrong about Oxlade and hope we are playing 442 which would be interesting!

Sweeting

Wonder what ILLOK will ask for for his 2nd wish. (Williams at left back - good luck young man!)

Hope to be proven wrong about Oxlade and hope we are playing 442 which would be interesting!
Could be a 442 certainly, I was actually randomly thinking about that today and if we might see more of it next season like

Ali
TAA Gomez VDijk Robbo
Ox Hendo Fabinho Mane
Salah Firmino​

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Could be a 442 certainly, I was actually randomly thinking about that today and if we might see more of it next season like

Ali
TAA Gomez VDijk Robbo
Ox Hendo Fabinho Mane
Salah Firmino​
It suits the players starting, my only small concern would be the natural width you expect from your left back, but I've not seen Neco play left back so no idea how he'll play it.

Looking forward to it.

Richard88

Could be a 4-4-2 diamond with Ox behind Bobby and Mo
If it's not 433 then I think 4231 is likelier than the diamond...

------------- Allison ----------
Trent - Gomez --VvD - Neco
------- Hendo --- Wij --------
Ox ------- Firmino ---- Keita
----------- Salah -------------