• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: Brighton vs Liverpool (PL Wednesday 08/07/2020 20:15 BST)

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Glad to see Neco getting game time.
It will be a good test for him and also for klopp to see if we really need to buy an left back.
Nothing gives me more joy than seeing our academy boys make the cut.
Would love to see jones and elliot get some minutes today.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Really pleased with the team. Thought Neco might get a go at Left Back. If he can do a job there he might be looking at 25 appearances next year. Big night for him.

No ide wants going on with the front three, but I thought it might be Mane’s turn to take the evening off.

Would have liked to see Minamino....

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Really pleased with the team. Thought Neco might get a go at Left Back. If he can do a job there he might be looking at 25 appearances next year. Big night for him.

No ide wants going on with the front three, but I thought it might be Mane’s turn to take the evening off.

Seems to me he's trying his best to play Oxlade and Keita into form ready for next season.

Limiescouse

1 consideration - this is a little bit carling cup like in that it looks like today we are missing our entire first choice left side. Not 100% sure what will be happening ahead of him...maybe Ox, maybe Keita...but whomever it is it will be someone also playing a bit out of position and trying to play their way into form.

Lets keep that in our heads as we evaluate how well the young lad is doing getting forward on his wrong side.

Red over the water

Main interest here is Neco. We all know the score... Robbo is ace, but no one can play at a high level every game of the season. There are a couple of recent signs that Robbo needs a little breather and to regroup. So, what do we do? Milner has been brilliant doing whatever needs to be done for the good of the team, but we need another option at left back going forward. Larouci isn’t ready, and indeed might not make the grade, but he has time. Most fans would say we need to go into the market to sign a back up, and plenty of discussion on who that might be.

So, step forward Neco Williams. Fast, energetic, looks a player. If he has the versatility to cover both full back spots, we’re in business. Good luck lad, I hope you do well. Just the sort of move we can accommodate with the title already sewn up, let’s take a good look and see what we’ve got.

Beyond Neco, I want to see more of Keita. Lovely player with his head up and if he can find his best form he could be a big player for us next season. Ox hasn’t been great lately, but he’s a decent player and hopefully he does well with his start today. Origi didn’t do enough to take his chance last time, so is rightly benched. As for the front three, with Mane benched for this one, that’s all three of them having a breather since the restart. Fair enough.

rab

Would have liked to see Minamino start through the middle with Salah and Mane either side.

Get a couple up and then let Eliott and Jones get some time.

RodM

Interested to see How Neco does at LB. I'm assuming that he is going to be a Wing back in the mould of Trent and Robbo but how is his left foot?