• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Cardiff City v Liverpool (EPL 21/04/19 KO 16:00)

PoolSince70

I’m more relax about this game than usual. We played Porto away,which is more superior team than Cardiff
and beat them comfortably,even though we were mediocre. I can’t see them sitting back and playing for
a draw, as they need the win as much as we do. Hendo definitely to start.
I felt exactly the same too. As long as no big mistake, we should be home dry.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Tales of the Unexpected

England and Wales have been at war for most of modern history. England has won all but one of the wars which ended in a draw - Wales LLDLL. LLDLL is, of course, a small town near Chepstow. Cardiff officially became the capital of Wales in 1955. Prior to 1955 anywhere that 3 men in black pointy hats gathered was considered the Welsh Capital.

Cardiff's main tourist attraction is Cardiff Castle. But if you want to get away from the mad crush of 20 or 30 middle aged tourists then head to one of Cardiff's lesser-known castles, Castle Coch. With its fine upstanding turrets "The Coch" as it is known by locals, laid in ruins for centuries. But with careful and gentle handiwork "The Coch" was raised again and is now visible, especially in early mornings, straining skyward in all its glory.

Historically Cardiff was once a seething mass of drunks, criminals and speech impediments. It's now a modern thriving city filled with drunks criminals and people who have learned English. But it's not all sunshine and rainbows, Cardiff was once home to the infamous Pirate Captain Morgan, who was born in Llanrumney a suburb of Cardiff. He of course soon got the hell out of Cardiff and moved to civilisation in the Carribean.
After retiring from piracy, the lash, and sodomy, Captain Morgan became a photographic model whose image, to this day, can still be seen on products all over the world.

Famous people from Cardiff include WW2 fighter ace and author Roald Dahl, TV "funnyman" Griff Rhys Jones and Cardiff's most famous son - Craig Bellamy who bravely escaped from Cardiff and went on to play for the world's greatest football club.

Another professional footballer - Ryan Giggs, most famous for repeatedly sleeping with his brother's wife, was also born in Cardiff. Giggs at the time of the scandal campaigned for increased privacy laws, primarily to protect and uphold civil liberties, and to stop his wife from finding out. He was incredibly successful and to this day nobody knows about him sleeping with his brother's wife.

So this time on your visit to Cardiff, why not invite your brothers' wife along to relax beneath "The Coch?" Perhaps you can even find time to read a Roald Dahl book whilst sampling a bottle of Captain Morgans finest.

Cardiff - beautiful one day, perfect the next.

Smash the Bastards.

Allison
TAA Matip, VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Keita
Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs - Mignolet, Shaq, Origi, Gomez, Lallana, Lovren, Milner.

And I didn't mention sheep once.
I'm falling in love with these match previews from you, BigJon.

GaryC

My team for this match would be :
Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Hendo Fab Keita
Salah Bobby Mane
This team has so much firepower and attacking options :
- crosses from the wings
- long range bombardments from Salah and Keita
- corners with VVD
- TAA's free kicks
- predators in Bobby and Mane
etc. etc.
Having said that I'd take a 0-1 win!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
3 points.... however we got them is irrelevant, just fucking get them 3 points home and we go again next week Friday against Huddersfield. So for now, don't care who starts, who scores and who plays where, just fucking 3 points and no injuries.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
This is definitely our biggest game of the season so far; it’s a must-win game with the potential to be a real banana skin. Still, if we can’t beat this lot then we don’t deserve to win the League.

Oh.... it’d also be great to assist the relegation of a team managed by that bitter old tosser Colin
I'm not afraid that we will fuck up, I'm afraid that on Saturday Spurs does.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Tales of the Unexpected

England and Wales have been at war for most of modern history. England has won all but one of the wars which ended in a draw - Wales LLDLL. LLDLL is, of course, a small town near Chepstow. Cardiff officially became the capital of Wales in 1955. Prior to 1955 anywhere that 3 men in black pointy hats gathered was considered the Welsh Capital.

Cardiff's main tourist attraction is Cardiff Castle. But if you want to get away from the mad crush of 20 or 30 middle aged tourists then head to one of Cardiff's lesser-known castles, Castle Coch. With its fine upstanding turrets "The Coch" as it is known by locals, laid in ruins for centuries. But with careful and gentle handiwork "The Coch" was raised again and is now visible, especially in early mornings, straining skyward in all its glory.

Historically Cardiff was once a seething mass of drunks, criminals and speech impediments. It's now a modern thriving city filled with drunks criminals and people who have learned English. But it's not all sunshine and rainbows, Cardiff was once home to the infamous Pirate Captain Morgan, who was born in Llanrumney a suburb of Cardiff. He of course soon got the hell out of Cardiff and moved to civilisation in the Carribean.
After retiring from piracy, the lash, and sodomy, Captain Morgan became a photographic model whose image, to this day, can still be seen on products all over the world.

Famous people from Cardiff include WW2 fighter ace and author Roald Dahl, TV "funnyman" Griff Rhys Jones and Cardiff's most famous son - Craig Bellamy who bravely escaped from Cardiff and went on to play for the world's greatest football club.

Another professional footballer - Ryan Giggs, most famous for repeatedly sleeping with his brother's wife, was also born in Cardiff. Giggs at the time of the scandal campaigned for increased privacy laws, primarily to protect and uphold civil liberties, and to stop his wife from finding out. He was incredibly successful and to this day nobody knows about him sleeping with his brother's wife.

So this time on your visit to Cardiff, why not invite your brothers' wife along to relax beneath "The Coch?" Perhaps you can even find time to read a Roald Dahl book whilst sampling a bottle of Captain Morgans finest.

Cardiff - beautiful one day, perfect the next.

Smash the Bastards.

Allison
TAA Matip, VVD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Keita
Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs - Mignolet, Shaq, Origi, Gomez, Lallana, Lovren, Milner.

And I didn't mention sheep once.
Mornington Crescent ;)

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I have seen so much drama, I just want one game in the league where it is normal, just once. I will be seeing high drama when we play Barcelona.
I'd like a routine win too but I think all the games now will be high drama to the end of the season. The situation, the pressure. I can't see it being straightforward. Barca will be light relief compared to the league games.

One thing I would like this time round is a better first half performance. Last 2 away from home against Porto and Southampton have been poor and we rode our luck a fair bit. We must not give them any encouragement early on.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
They are a mid table championship side next season
I would like to see us put our foot firmly on their throat
9-0 would boost the goal difference
Have to agree with this. As much as i want to rest players we need to boost our GD. They lose to Utd or Spurs and we draw one we're at most 6 goals behind. Them playing Spurs and Utd with us playing Cardiff and Huddersfield is a dream chance at closing that gap which would then become the deciding factor on who wins the league this season.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
I have seen so much drama, I just want one game in the league where it is normal, just once. I will be seeing high drama when we play Barcelona.
Porto was pretty normal!

One easy game, which judging by our history must mean this one will very likely be won in the final seconds of the match. Sorry Maria!

[email protected]

Okay, okay:-:)rolleyes:you guys win, high drama it is then.
That's it Maria. And now remember, if you start having chest pains and shortness of breath that's a tooooootally normal reaction and there is no need to panic. Watch it with a neutral close friend or family thats been medically trained and you will be just fine and remember, that's why our good friend the defibrillator was invented.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
That's it Maria. And now remember, if you start having chest pains and shortness of breath that's a tooooootally normal reaction and there is no need to panic. Watch it with a neutral close friend or family thats been medically trained and you will be just fine and remember, that's why our good friend the defibrillator was invented.
Don't worry, I will be haunting you from my grave! lol

Red over the water

Three points, however they come! The gap in quality will presumably be narrowed as they are fighting for their Prem lives, but ultimately you would have to think we will win it.

Ideally we take control early and score a couple before half time. Man City have been scoring early goals all season, and we could do with some of that, not least for the nerves of the fans.

0-3 with goals from Mo, Sadio and Henderson.

TheSweetSilverSong

Have to agree with this. As much as i want to rest players we need to boost our GD. They lose to Utd or Spurs and we draw one we're at most 6 goals behind. Them playing Spurs and Utd with us playing Cardiff and Huddersfield is a dream chance at closing that gap which would then become the deciding factor on who wins the league this season.
Theoretically, it makes so much sense. Practically, I can't help but think that funnily enough I expected their Chelsea game to see us top them in Goal Difference (it was what, 1 goal above us prior to the game or something), and then they won 6-0 and it got back to +7 for them, or something of the sort....
So I hope it will be as you expect, but I'd say that most importantly get the 3 points no matter what, and then start thinking about Huddersfield and how to get the 3 points there. And if in the process we manage to score loads, it's a very welcome bonus as far as I'm concerned! :)

Red Armada

TIA Regular
The upside of Cardiff still having a chance is that they really need 3 points and can't rely on a draw getting them what they need. Thus they may actually have to come out and attack us... fingers crossed.
Ι, οn the other hand, expect Warnock to park the bus in an attempt to stifle and frustate us and go for it in the last 10 minutes or so. Thus, it's best that we impose ourselves quickly, score a couple and send them packing back to the Championship.