• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Cardiff City v Liverpool (EPL 21/04/19 KO 16:00)

Nur der BvB09

A small reminder….
Liverpool weren’t even in Europe in 2016/17. The Reds finished the previous season in eighth on 60 points (behind Sotons and West Ham!) and lost the Europa League final to Sevilla.
Klopp rotated his line-up ahead of that final for the last Premier League game of the season at West Brom. The starting XI was: Bogdan, Flanagan, Smith, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Stewart, Brannagan, Ibe, Ojo, Benteke.

That was less than three years ago. Less. Than. Three. Years. Ago.
Ohh HAPPY DAYS!!:celebrating:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I’m more relax about this game than usual. We played Porto away,which is more superior team than Cardiff
and beat them comfortably,even though we were mediocre. I can’t see them sitting back and playing for
a draw, as they need the win as much as we do. Hendo definitely to start.
Oh my friend, then you don't know Liverpool. Do you really think our beloved club will not give us nerves and tension!
I so wish for that!

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Me again. :((
Yes, old chap, but you are a bit of a recidivist when it comes to the invocation of the dermis of the berry, of the genus musa.

So, you have to admit, it's a fair cop; that you've been caught, red handed and banged to rights. Your best bet is to ask for your other 197 offences to be taken into account.

With any luck the local beak (aka Boudica) will show some leniency and you'll get away with being hung, drawn and quartered.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I have a funny feeling in my bones that it’s Leicester.
I've a feeling you could be right. Bren has them firing on all cylinders, so they should give Citeh a good game and maybe share the points. At the end of the day we still have to win all of our final four league games and then just hope for the best.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Hate to say it but for me the Spurs game was the one they were most likely to lose points in. I can't see any other teams taking the points now but we still need to do our best. I'd hate for our players to get dejected and slip up against one of the teams we have to play only for City to slip up too. Whilst its still possible i hope we go all out but think it's beyond us now. Still been one hell of a season and unfortunately for us there's just another team in the league also so far ahead of the rest. Still so proud of our players.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
Feeling down to be honest, which I know is crazy given how we're playing, but the game today... Hope we can get the points and give ourselves one last hope in the manc derby...

Nur der BvB09

I wished they'd lost DeBruyne 3 weeks ago. :-( I hope Brendan can do us a favour. I promise I will include him as one who helped us, if we win.
I haven t but it happend so City ll feck it up against the mighty manure, even against the spurs theycould easily have lost that game if son had got only 2 of his 3 clear cut opporunities lol

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I hope this doesn't turn into one of those races where both us and city lose "unexpected" points. Well, city should - but I hope we don't.

I was so tense through the spurs match today - I hope we can relax and enjoy the match against Cardiff.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
I was looking at this game and thinking, lets close the GD gap, then I remembered our last title change, against palace where I was thinking GD, so screw GD and just win the game.

I think Cardiff will keep it as tight as possible, and then will follow these scenarios:
  1. If we score they will come out fighting as the minimum they need is a draw, a huge loss to them makes no difference to their relegation chances as their GD is already shit.
  2. If they are leading, they will sit back, allow us to keep the ball, and try hit us on the break.
  3. If its a draw late in the game, they will sit back, allow us to keep the ball, and try hit us on the break.
I think Liverpool will play our normal game and then will follow these scenarios:
  1. If we score just carry on playing as per normal as they will at some stage of the game, be pressing for an equalizer.
  2. If they are leading, we will pile on the pressure immediately.
  3. If its a draw late in the game, we will pile on the pressure.
... and maybe another 100 scenarios that I am too lazy to think of, so just win the game.

William Clarke

I was looking at this game and thinking, lets close the GD gap, then I remembered our last title change, against palace where I was thinking GD, so screw GD and just win the game.

I think Cardiff will keep it as tight as possible, and then will follow these scenarios:
  1. If we score they will come out fighting as the minimum they need is a draw, a huge loss to them makes no difference to their relegation chances as their GD is already shit.
  2. If they are leading, they will sit back, allow us to keep the ball, and try hit us on the break.
  3. If its a draw late in the game, they will sit back, allow us to keep the ball, and try hit us on the break.
I think Liverpool will play our normal game and then will follow these scenarios:
  1. If we score just carry on playing as per normal as they will at some stage of the game, be pressing for an equalizer.
  2. If they are leading, we will pile on the pressure immediately.
  3. If its a draw late in the game, we will pile on the pressure.
... and maybe another 100 scenarios that I am too lazy to think of, so just win the game.
That's the easiest and simplest way of looking at it, we win all our games and hope Citeh drop points against their Manc neighbours and Leicester. Anyway, whatever happens we will have still had a brilliant season. WE ARE LIVERPOOL ~ BELIEVE

William Clarke

I believe Wallnut's mob will welly the ball into our box early doors and hope they get a goal to sit on. Yes, but gone are the days of giving goals away so easily now that we have big Virg marshalling our defence. I'm looking for a two or three nil win to put us back at the top of the league and get Citeh's nerves a jangling again.