• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Cardiff City v Liverpool (EPL 21/04/19 KO 16:00)

richieh10

Think we’ll win comfortably...

So gutted City didn’t drop points today tho.

I hate saying this but we need Pogba and co to have the game of their lives on Wednesday.

We also need them to beat the blue shite tomorrow to ensure that they’re still ‘in the hunt’ for the top 4. If they fall off the pace that lot will put their feet up you just know it.

StanSB

the more i think about yesterday's game the angrier i get.
i mean, that was a handball by walker, right ? if oliver isnt't able to see it then there's still a linesman whos supposed to watch the bloody game and whos allowed to make contact to the ref in order to say that something happened. if spurs would have been given a penalty then the chances were very good for them to score and as bad as city played yesterday i think that would have been enough for a draw in gthe end. and THAT would have put us in the driver's seat to win the league.
i dont follow the bundesliga as much as the pl but i dare to say that our refs are better than those in the pl. its stunning to see so many weird decisions ( or non-decisions ) in a league that overflows with money but doesnt seem to be able to recruit refs who live up to the standard of the teams in that league.
spurs rolled over and city were for the taking yesterday.
i do no way underestimate our capability to fuck things up with grandeur ourselves ( loving the club since 2002 i had my share of proof ) but if we will be 2nd on the last day i will be terribly proud of the team this season and at the same moment terribly pissed about spurs and mr oliver......

for me these days are ( football-wise ) the best since this one very week under rafas reign when we beat manure away on saturday and real at home next wednesday.

as for today : i love wales, been there twice, became a lfc-fan there in 2002, and so have a big place in my heart for all teams coming from there. i will put all this aside today for 90+ minutes, predict a win and at the same prepare myself for an emotional rollercoaster ride......0:1 will do for me, anything better/easier is welcome.

Gazmaninaus

The problem I have with Neil Warthog is he is not actually particularly good at being a football manager but still makes a good living in England. The mind boggles really. If he was an actual footballer he would be similar to a Jovanivic. Really quiet puss poor.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
The problem I have with Neil Warthog is he is not actually particularly good at being a football manager but still makes a good living in England. The mind boggles really. If he was an actual footballer he would be similar to a Jovanivic. Really quiet puss poor.
Wow - how you underestimate Neil Warnock. His record as a football manager is very good.

It's his style of football and his horrible attitude to all things LFC that I don't like about him.

I think we will win today by 3 clear

Barry O'Connor

Any win regardless of performance. Keep the pressure on City and it is pressure. Failure to win the league or Champions league is a massive failure when you've invested 30000000000000 million billion gazillion. I hate needing help from Utd. A. Because their Utd and B. Because they are just hopeless. Anyway 3 points today and hopefully also help relegate that dinosaur Warnock.

Alright Now

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those races where both us and city lose "unexpected" points. Well, city should - but I hope we don't.

I was so tense through the spurs match today - I hope we can relax and enjoy the match against Cardiff.
I don’t like your tone. Unlike me, you’re clearly feeling the pressure.

Oh, and good morning, everyone.

RedinAsia

However this season pans out I'll be proud of the Reds, and immensely grateful for being able to see such a fantastic team. How far have we come under JK? ... just take a look back at the team line-up for the final game of 2016/17 against the Baggies. FSG, JK, the team and all associated with the club have got us to consecutive CL semis and touching distance of our first PL Trophy.
It just keeps getting better and better. Thank you LFC!

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Watched a great film on Netflix the other day, Freesolo. It’s about a climber who scales incredible climbs without any ropes. One mistake and he’s dead. Watched most of it through my fingers. These next few games feel the same. One slip and the title is over. It’s very stressful.

howhardgerrard

TIA Squad Member
I always hate these games where one team is fighting for their lives. Unless we get an early goal the pressure builds the opposition fans start getting more interested, the noise increases and the nerves start getting the better of people. It feels like the infamous match against Palace, I hope it turns out differently though. Saying that if Man Utd play against City the way they have played against Everton in the first half there’s nothing we can do anyway.

PoolSince70

Watched a great film on Netflix the other day, Freesolo. It’s about a climber who scales incredible climbs without any ropes. One mistake and he’s dead. Watched most of it through my fingers. These next few games feel the same. One slip and the title is over. It’s very stressful.
That man is Alex Honnold. He is just amazing.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Mrs and I watched it last night.

Amazing stuff...

It's actually his second 'first'...he did another crazy ascent a few years back, not as gnarly but still fucking insane...

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Mrs and I watched it last night.

Amazing stuff...

It's actually his second 'first'...he did another crazy ascent a few years back, not as gnarly but still fucking insane...

Yeah it’s a great film but I wouldn’t sell him life insurance. Only a matter of time I suspect before he discovers that gravity is a cold hearted unforgiving mother of a force.

The Crazy Horse

Happy Easter everyone. I’ll be watching the mancs against the bitters before the Liverpool game today and
I’m trying to figure what’s the best result for us between them two,to get the mancs up for Wednesday’s game against shitty.
Looks like the Mancs have given up already, the baby faced one's honeymoon period is well and truly over.... 4 nil to the bitters as I type!

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Wijnaldum in the 6?
Not in form but did show signs of a come back in Porto, was boss over the winter, then I think he got a knock and his mojo went. Which is inevitable. Id rather have an in form Wijnaldum on this run in than not and the only way to do that is to give him time. Our best MF on paper is (for me) Gini Fab and Henderson, but in form it varies. Id reckon Milner has had the most consistent season actually, of the midfield.