• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Thought I'd kick this thread off more than 3 weeks early so that we can exchange tips and ideas on how to get to Madrid, and if not Madrid - then whatever you plan on doing.

And as we get closer to the date, we can look at formations, who is fit and the usual pre-amble.

So, if you are going to Madrid or thinking about it, this is great: https://howmanyholidays.com/2019/05/08/how-to-fly-to-the-champions-league-on-a-budget/

Thomas Cook have chartered some flights out of Liverpool but you need to have a match ticket and a spare £550. Talking of which the ballot has opened, so make sure to register if you qualify.

If you can't get to Madrid, its worth getting to Anfield as there will be a live screening - I went to it last year, and though not the result we wanted, could not have been at a better place besides that match itself. Highly recommend it if you you can make it to Anfield. Look out for it, be on sale soon.

Other than that, wherever else you are - our hearts and minds will be together.

We've captured the football hearts of the globe with that performance against Barcelona on Tuesday - potentially one of the best comeback's ever, in that there were no penalties, and that Barcelona team were truly beaten. We now face a Spurs team who also beat Ajax after finding themselves 3-0 down at some point.

My plans: Well I've booked my flights and hotel to Madrid. Im travelling via Berlin (as meeting my daughter there as she has a football tournament), then direct to Madrid. Thursday to Tuesday. One set of mates have just booked flights to Murcia, then driving to Madrid... another set flying to Toulouse and driving. Lots of others scrambling for what they can find.

As for accommodation, one mate is going to buy a tent from Argos to take with them (then presumably return). Hotels for 1st June are starting around £500 for a budget hotel (usually £40). Bear in mind that Ajax and Barca fans who had provisionally booked hotels are now cancelling, so more are becoming available - have a look at airbnb and those other hotel sites.

But WOW, we are in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019... we are RED.

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
This is definitely our most important game of the season; it’s a must-win game with the potential to be a real banana skin.

Still, if we can’t beat this lot then we don’t deserve to win the Champions League.

Smash ‘em. Smash Nigella’s back door. For mash, get Smash.

5-0 to the Tricky Reds. Number Six is on its way.

Redopium

Just imagine every game next season we will have another chant, Champions of Europe and we will have to add a bit to Alez Alez Alez including Madrid, after today we just have to win the CL, if everyone is fit the team picks itself, come on redmen make this happen, we want No6.

gioscaf

Hi, I'm not going to Madrid anymore (Italian supporter sigh).
I have a booking accomodation for one night on 1st June in the center of the city.
Contact me for information [email protected] , thanks!

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
All the 'so proud of this team' will be worth for nothing if Spurs beat us. Would make us the joke of the country.

Pressure is on us.

But the comeback against Barca will never be forgotten.
I think that is very harsh. 97 point season that featured a single loss plus a CL final. I honestly couldn't give two fucks if opposition supporters call that failure.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
All the 'so proud of this team' will be worth for nothing if Spurs beat us. Would make us the joke of the country.

Pressure is on us.

Seriously who cares what other people think of us
Sours will believe that they can win it. Probably 55%-45% to us but if we lose so be it

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Go long is Alli out for?

Macolfc

Massive game now. Would be a real shame for this season to fizzle out without silverware, the lads & jurgen deserve soo much more!!

As for the final itself, I fly to palma with the parents & fiancée on Friday the 31st. If all goes as hoped with the ballot my plans are to fly from palma to Madrid Saturday morning & return back to palma first thing Sunday morning. If I don’t manage a ticket from the ballot then I’ll be watching the final in palma nova with the family.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member

Pressure is on us.

Joke of the country? Haha, fuck off with that self-pitying shit.

Can't go to this one so I'll be watching in town. Fairly confident about this. I think Mane will be the difference.

Alright Now

Seriously who cares what other people think of us
Sours will believe that they can win it. Probably 55%-45% to us but if we lose so be it

They got the Barca woodshedding right.

Monument Mark

By way of early preparation for Madrid, it was so important psychologically to win yesterday. Conversely, Spurs threw away a lead against Everton dropping yet two more points and ending up a huge 26 points behind us (remember when they were very much in the title race?) Spurs lost 13 times in the Premier League, a defeat every three games compared to our losing just once all season. I think these things will stay in players' minds for the next few weeks. Barring training ground injuries, we should be able to field our strongest 11. I'm sure Jurgen's attention to detail and our players' brilliant fitness levels will get us over the line. The thought of winning number 6 and moving us even further up Europe's elite clubs (above Barcelona and Bayern Munich both on 5) into third place and within one trophy of second most successful winners (AC Milan on 7) is an inspiring one. You'd then have to think we could even catch up to AC Milan, even overtake them, were Jurgen to stay for a long spell and continue progressing the club the way he has done.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
With everyone fit.....
TAA or Gomez at RB. Probably Trent, from attacking point of view, but Spurs will attack that side of the pitch.
Other 3 are nailed on. Matip has done enough to outweigh Lovren.

Fabinho must start......any two from Hendo, Gini, Milner and outside chance for Ox? 3 extra weeks of rehab, maybe a private match or two? I think Hendo and Gini, with it being too early for Ox and Milner on to shore it up. Very tight calls though.

Front 3 are nailed on, hopefully Firmino is 100%.

Spurs offer a threat, despite the points gap its a once off final, so no complacancy. We should have enough though

Status
Not open for further replies.