• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Sparkling red YNWA flag now hanging at the front of the house. The idea of a Bobby mural is being debated. Although the opposition party doesn’t seem interested in even bringing the debate to the floor.
You'll have to have a strong.....er meaningful conversation with Mrs Alright and tell her a mural of Bobby would look very.......cosmopolitan. Yeah, and if that don't work stick the mural under the bed, face up, where she can't see it, but you will know it's there. Job's a good un.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Need some advice. I have declared that I will get my first tattoo if the Reds should win. I’m not wavering. However, I am wondering if I should go ahead with a first consultation prior to the match or after. I’m not sure of the proper superstition etiquette.

@Scott Jones please pm me some designs.

And anyone who wants tickets to attend said tattooing in case this event should come to pass, please let me know.
Always after. Doing it before is a curse, much like Gattusso touching ol big ears before the final in 05

Trader

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question...

I don't have a ticket to watch the match in Madrid. Spent over an hour in the queue for the screening at Bank Arena and all 11.500 tickets were gone before it was my turn...
I don't live in Liverpool and of course I would be able to go see it at home or in my local pub but would like some suggestions where in Liverpool would be good to see the match?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Which youngsters will get the chance to sit one bench?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
This will probably be our 12-man bench:

Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Moreno, Milner, Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Woodburn/Jones, Origi, Brewster, Sturridge.

So Kelleher in the stands and I'd say one of Woodburn/Jones. Perhaps Woodburn gets the advantage.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question...

I don't have a ticket to watch the match in Madrid. Spent over an hour in the queue for the screening at Bank Arena and all 11.500 tickets were gone before it was my turn...
I don't live in Liverpool and of course I would be able to go see it at home or in my local pub but would like some suggestions where in Liverpool would be good to see the match?
Go back to page 9 and see @ILLOK's post near the top.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Getting damn excited right now. The only question for me is does Jürgen go with Gomez or Matip? I suppose it doesn't really matter as Van Dijk is utterly magnificent. He's so good, even Jonesy would look good next to the Big Man.

I reckon the team will be this:

...................... Becker.........................
Trent...... Matip..... ....Van Dijk.... Robertson
.....................Fabinho......................
..... Henderson............Wijnaldum.........
Salah............. Firmino..................Mane

No way are Spurs stopping these bad boys. Has to be the worlds finest team doesn't it?

Last edited:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Local LFC OSC has 400+ registered members. Home pub seats 250. Booked up full. Two other pubs close by also booked up full by reservation, third is getting close.

Downtown Vancouver will be RED on Jun1. 1000+ reds and I won't be one. Taking my boy to one close to my home which is owned by a few of my former teammates, bought us matching #4 jerseys at Anfield

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I will make this easy for everyone ........ 2-nil 6th cup
Please don't make predictions. Do that and we're fukt.

This isn't going to be easy. Both teams know each other very well and both know the cost of losing. For us the cost is greater. For them, they've achieved what they never thought possible. They're actually in the final of the Champions League. Their fans are in seventh heaven already. I think it's true that for them there's less pressure. Just getting to the final is a major achievement. We all know it's different for us.

So please cut out the predictions and the boasting. This is the biggest game in the history of this club. Win it and we start a new era.

I dread to think how we, the players and the management will feel if we lose. Think positively, yes. But none of this 'we're going to win because it's in our destiny'.

I know @indianaredman96 wasn't boasting but it's just that "easy ... 2-nil ... 6th cup" really triggers my sense that it could all go horribly wrong if we start acting complacent.

RedYank

Local LFC OSC has 400+ registered members. Home pub seats 250. Booked up full. Two other pubs close by also booked up full by reservation, third is getting close.

Downtown Vancouver will be RED on Jun1. 1000+ reds and I won't be one. Taking my boy to one close to my home which is owned by a few of my former teammates, bought us matching #4 jerseys at Anfield
That is outstanding! We will be representing here for LFC Columbus at both of our official locations, but total will be a little less than your home pub.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Have we been able to organize a friendly before the final? Klopp was apparently hoping to do so in order to get Bobby some live action.

Status
Not open for further replies.