• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
Fancy us to win though but 2-1.
iN MY VIEW i forcast either a 2-0 win or a 7-0 romp. I don't see spurs scoring, even with Son in top form, yeah would love to see a rusty Kane. there's a lot of pressure for Pocchettino to play him, from Kane, fans, front office, and even the FA. they all want Kane to feature in a UCL final. with him its advantage Liverpool, only way for spurs to score in this match is a liverpool own goal or egregious mistake, that's npot happening in this match with our boys keyed up and romping.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I was just thinking that we currently have 3 players who, in over 60 years of watching Liverpool, I have never seen better in their position.

VVD, Robertson and Alisson... I can't think of any player in their positions who could match them.... there is such a huge gulf between Alisson and keepers like James, Dudek, Westerveld, Mignolet and Karius. The best compliment I can pay him is that he even trumps Reina in his prime. With his incredible distribution he has taken us to another level.

Just on Mignolet. His attitude has been superb this season. He is out there celebrating on the pitch and showing obvious pleasure in the squad's achievements. He was even hugging JK the other night. Not sure I could be so magnanimous in that situation. I really hope he gets a decent move in the summer. He so deserves it.

I am feeling so confident about this game at the moment but no doubt I will still become a gibbering wreck....I would be so devastated for this group of players if it doesn't happen for them on the night. Surely it is a massive advantage for them to have been there last season...

Last edited:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I am feeling so confident about this game at the moment but no doubt I will still become a gibbering wreck....I would be so devastated for this group of players if it doesn't happen for them on the night. Surely it is a massive advantage for them to have been there last season...
For me it's down to the approach to the game from us. I know Spurs would go into this match beaming with confidence and would take this like the last game they've ever played in their lives. I don't expect them to approach this like how they played us in the league matches, they would go with Son, Moura, Alli and if Kane is fit, would see him start as the attacking quartet. That in itself should give us the indication that Erikssen will be tasked to find holes in our defence to thread the ball into the path of those 4. I expect Son and Moura to run riot behind our fullbacks, my biggest concern would be Alexander-Arnold defending Son and his pace. Our young fullback doesn't exactly have that blistering pace that could keep up with Son, so positioning and assistance from midfield is key right there.

For me, it all comes down to nerves. This season we've been pretty good at holding our nerves, but I did see some cracks in Van Dijk's armour lately. Very small crack that can be exploited. So the back 4 and Fabinho needs to be at their A game, and also calm as fuck too. Their backline can be exposed, and that's something I am not too concerned about. Furthermore Dembele has left them, the player I feel was key to their defensive strength.

We have seen what we could do, and how we could break teams. If we can repeat what we did against Barcelona, and not have that lapsed in concentration at the back, we should come out of this one pretty alright. Defence and keeper needs to be on top of their game, and the rest will sort themselves out.

LFCFFC

I think it's at this point in particular, where last season's final become so, so valuable. Both as a motivator for our players and for the experience of playing in one of the biggest games in world football. Regardless of how much they try to paint themselves as the underdog, the pressure is going to be enormous on both teams.

It's going to be a tough slog and Spurs are a great outfit, but if we play close to our best we'll be too good. Last season our opponents just had to get through Virgil to have a shot at goal, now they have to get past the best CB in the world, Fab and Alisson. That added defensive security on top of an attack which should feature Mo for the full 90 makes for a huge change in the quality of the team we're fielding for this one compared to 2018.

Even with all of that in mind, I'm still nervous as fuck. It seems ridiculous there's still over 2 weeks to go!

W00die

Ad-free Member

:well done:
Says in there "The Spurs fans, who will gather in Plaza Colón," which I expect is pretty apt.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Best of luck to those of you trying to get tickets. I wish I could join you. Unfortunately, too many of these tickets don't go to true, passionate, dedicated supporters of the clubs and are instead snapped up by wealthy casuals and corporate sponsors. You all deserve to be there, cheering our Reds on to their 6th European Cup and 12th European Trophy. I hope you're able to be there in person.

I'll be sitting at home, winding down the month of Ramadan, watching this match hoping for redemption after last year's heartbreak. And I really believe we'll win.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Hopefully, our last years experience will make our lads wiser.
What I love about klopp is he never gives up. He has faced more failures than success, yet his attitude,smile and the willingness to restart and have a go again is something that deserves praise.
Finally, this team needs this trophy.
Rest well lads and go all guns blazing for the final.
Hopefully, we will have our strongest team available.

Nevoo34

Sleeping with the enemy
Missed out in the ballot. However, I am 4124 on the waiting list so all is not lost.:-)
No ticket for me either, off into town for the day and night, what is being arranged in town, hear most of pubs charging/sold out, watched st Anfield last year but some Manc toward are ruining that this year.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
New here, first post. From Dorset and taking the eurotunnel over to Calais and driving through to Madrid.
Anyone else doing the same and decided on a route/stop offs?
Would be good to get an idea on where to go once there if anyones made plans?
Stop offs? Cold beer at the end of the journey and you want to stop? Start at 5am, you’ll be there by midnight but you’ll pay a fair few €€€ on the Peage. Have you looked at the Portsmouth Cherbourg ferry? Might save you a few hours and a few hundred miles drive. 5 hour break too.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

The extended MOTD highlights and analysis from our two games against Spurs this season to kill the time until the final a bit.

Wilkored08

We need to change tack here re: CL tickets...think of all the well known celebs who support LFC...and will be offered a ticket...they might be working or cannot attend...can't they offer their tickets to genuine fans....so here is my request...Daniel Craig..I know you're busy filming James Bond...so not able to attend CLF...would you be a gent and let me use the ticket ....I would be everso happy and grateful. Right chaps and chapesses do you think this would work....I bloody hope so....

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
It’s ridiculous, some hotels are charging €2000 a night in Madrid.
That's like an years house rent!!:shocked:
I'm still lucky to have watched a game at Anfield though. And I hope in future, I'm fortunate enough to see us lifting a trophy live.
Not giving up!! :celebrating:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
We need to change tack here re: CL tickets...think of all the well known celebs who support LFC...and will be offered a ticket...they might be working or cannot attend...can't they offer their tickets to genuine fans....so here is my request...Daniel Craig..I know you're busy filming James Bond...so not able to attend CLF...would you be a gent and let me use the ticket ....I would be everso happy and grateful. Right chaps and chapesses do you think this would work....I bloody hope so....
If you get a few, please be kind enough to offer me one:cheers::well done::celebrating:

igor_piss_can

Its up to Daniel Craig now....hope he's reading this!
This is going to sound mad but this actually happened to me for the CL Semi final against Chelsea in 2007 - Auntie lives down in London (not even sure what her job actually entails) but it's basically a pretty high up position working for the production company which makes the Bond films so she's been quite pally with Daniel Craig for a while - even turned up at her wedding the other year. Anyway, turns out that Daniel Craig had two tickets for the CL Anfield semi but wasn't able to attend due to work commitments (Think they were freebies like, expensive part of the main stand where the ex players usually sit) - with my Auntie being a scouser he asked if she could make use of them & luckily with all of her immediate family being bluenoses me & me arl fella got the gig! Lucky we never got them nabbed off us by the postie, mind - daft bastard sent the tickets out in an official UEFA envelope!

Wilkored08

This is going to sound mad but this actually happened to me for the CL Semi final against Chelsea in 2007 - Auntie lives down in London (not even sure what her job actually entails) but it's basically a pretty high up position working for the production company which makes the Bond films so she's been quite pally with Daniel Craig for a while - even turned up at her wedding the other year. Anyway, turns out that Daniel Craig had two tickets for the CL Anfield semi but wasn't able to attend due to work commitments (Think they were freebies like, expensive part of the main stand where the ex players usually sit) - with my Auntie being a scouser he asked if she could make use of them & luckily with all of her immediate family being bluenoses me & me arl fella got the gig! Lucky we never got them nabbed off us by the postie, mind - daft bastard sent the tickets out in an official UEFA envelope!
I live in hope then!!!

Macolfc

That's like an years house rent!!:shocked:
I'm still lucky to have watched a game at Anfield though. And I hope in future, I'm fortunate enough to see us lifting a trophy live.
Not giving up!! :celebrating:

They can charge what they want & people will pay it. I’ve just this second booked my flights. £105 for the same flights when we first beat Barca, I’ve just paid £290. Not a massive increase, but they are definitely taking advantage. Up to now it’s cost me £455 for my ticket & flights, probably another couple hundred quid when I’m in Madrid. I’ve been lucky that I already fly to Spain a couple Days before the final so I’m not paying the ridiculous prices people are paying from the UK to Madrid. I’m flying from palma.

Status
Not open for further replies.