• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
They can charge what they want & people will pay it. I’ve just this second booked my flights. £105 for the same flights when we first beat Barca, I’ve just paid £290. Not a massive increase, but they are definitely taking advantage. Up to now it’s cost me £455 for my ticket & flights, probably another couple hundred quid when I’m in Madrid. I’ve been lucky that I already fly to Spain a couple Days before the final so I’m not paying the ridiculous prices people are paying from the UK to Madrid. I’m flying from palma.
Awesome!! Do share your experience!! Would be one heck of a day!! Cant wait for it! :cheers: :celebrating:

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
We need to change tack here re: CL tickets...think of all the well known celebs who support LFC...and will be offered a ticket...they might be working or cannot attend...can't they offer their tickets to genuine fans....so here is my request...Daniel Craig..I know you're busy filming James Bond...so not able to attend CLF...would you be a gent and let me use the ticket ....I would be everso happy and grateful. Right chaps and chapesses do you think this would work....I bloody hope so....
sorry mate Daniel Craig has a contract rider that gives him the day off whenever Livepool plays, its HIS option to take the day, with 2 weeks notice. Oh yeah and he requires Orangina in his trailer at all times

Alright Now

This is going to sound mad but this actually happened to me for the CL Semi final against Chelsea in 2007 - Auntie lives down in London (not even sure what her job actually entails) but it's basically a pretty high up position working for the production company which makes the Bond films so she's been quite pally with Daniel Craig for a while - even turned up at her wedding the other year. Anyway, turns out that Daniel Craig had two tickets for the CL Anfield semi but wasn't able to attend due to work commitments (Think they were freebies like, expensive part of the main stand where the ex players usually sit) - with my Auntie being a scouser he asked if she could make use of them & luckily with all of her immediate family being bluenoses me & me arl fella got the gig! Lucky we never got them nabbed off us by the postie, mind - daft bastard sent the tickets out in an official UEFA envelope!
My wife and her sister-in-law loved this. I told them to become TIA members and hit “like”. They looked at me like I had two heads.

RedYank

If one can get a ticket, here's an idea (just messing around using the Kayak and Travelocity searches)

Fly from Liverpool to Barcelona (round trip $300 US). Arrive on May 30. Stay in Barca 1 night (another $80). Rent a car for 3 days $200). Drive to Zaragoza--halfway from Barca to Madrid--the next night. Stay there ($90). Matchday, drive the rest of the way. Enjoy the day, watch our lads hoist the CL Trophy, then drive back to Zaragoza ($90). Next day, drive back to Barca, catch a late flight back. All this, for half the price of one night in Madrid. And, one can parade around Barca in LFC gear!

You are welcome. :well done:

Alright Now

If one can get a ticket, here's an idea (just messing around using the Kayak and Travelocity searches)

Fly from Liverpool to Barcelona (round trip $300 US). Arrive on May 30. Stay in Barca 1 night (another $80). Rent a car for 3 days $200). Drive to Zaragoza--halfway from Barca to Madrid--the next night. Stay there ($90). Matchday, drive the rest of the way. Enjoy the day, watch our lads hoist the CL Trophy, then drive back to Zaragoza ($90). Next day, drive back to Barca, catch a late flight back. All this, for half the price of one night in Madrid. And, one can parade around Barca in LFC gear!

So you just plagiarized Dylan’s Tangled Up In Blue?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

Nice idea mate but you'd have to be a lot more creative than that if booking now. I'd imagine all flights from Liverpool to Spain/Portugal/southern France will be sold out by now.

If I could get the time off work I'd look at Newcastle/Leeds/East Mids - Portugal/Spain and go from there. Either that or Manchester to Germany (loads of cheap options), fly to Madrid.

Macolfc

Nice idea mate but you'd have to be a lot more creative than that if booking now. I'd imagine all flights from Liverpool to Spain/Portugal/southern France will be sold out by now.

If I could get the time off work I'd look at Newcastle/Leeds/East Mids - Portugal/Spain and go from there. Either that or Manchester to Germany (loads of cheap options), fly to Madrid.

Depending on how long you wanted to be away for I’d look at flying into palma from
Newcastle. There was a flight leaving Newcastle on the Wednesday the 29th for around £55. I’ve paid £290 for return flights from palma to Madrid, but I had to fly out on the morning of the match & be straight back the Sunday morning. There was return flights for around £40 if you came back on the Monday instead.

You can get out to Madrid relatively cheap but it all depends how long you can get off work.

trev_dunne

There's a few of us flying from Dublin to Barcelona on Thursday 30th and flying back the day after the game, hired a campervan in Barcelona so 6 hour drive up to Madrid then.

There's no live screening in the fanzone in Salvador Dalí Square, it's closing at 6pm so looking for somewhere good to watch the game. Anyone any good recommendations based on previous trips? Saw a few online that look pretty good:
Cervecería Deportiva Sports Bar
Champions Bar
The Irish Rover

But would welcome any other suggestions for decent sports bars and areas others travelling via campervan plan to park up on arrival :cheers:

big noyd

my brother got a ticket in the ballot after missing out on athens, basel, and kiev. just booked his flight. his girlfriend complained, he said it was a 'once in a lifetime' thing, she affected a scouse accent to respond 'fuck off 'once in a lifetime', it happens every bastard year'

alaskared

Kloppite
my brother got a ticket in the ballot after missing out on athens, basel, and kiev. just booked his flight. his girlfriend complained, he said it was a 'once in a lifetime' thing, she affected a scouse accent to respond 'fuck off 'once in a lifetime', it happens every bastard year'
She's been paying attention " we've conquered all of Europe, we're never gonna stop".

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
My friend just booked an ibis in getafe (10 miles out of Madrid) for the Friday and Saturday night (£240) total - room for 2 and includes breakfast.

The Barca and Ajax hotel cancellations are coming through now. Also British airways have just organised a jumbo instead of small carrier for a flight to Madrid and back and hence released another couple of hundred seats.... but still not cheap, but cheaper.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
My wife did point out that we’ve been in 5 European finals in the last 14 years.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
People are getting fleeced when it comes to travelling and accommodation mine was flight out of Dublin for €800,accommodation for €850 2 bed in pinto 20 min drive to wanda)
Catch is I'm travelling on the 29th returning on the 3rd, the flights on the 30th of May returning on June 2nd were nearly 2 grand never been to Spain.no ticket bit upset to read after fan zone closes at 6 no big screen. going to have to find a good location to watch the game. Probably follow the crowd safest bet.

Nur der BvB09

God BLESS the LFC Fans worldwide!!! Cause we ARE the BEST the world can have!YNWA
FUCK OFF City s BASTARDS Players Songs and YES to remember You Counts all of City shit great Players you switch the TV and look the MIGHTY REDS how it is done in the Champions League you FUCKING LOOSERS!!
Even the Spurs want it more than City says a lot About how FUCKING bad this lot of City and Champions League are! I m pissed off of all of them!
C mon you REDMEN make US and Yourselfs PROUDER then Proud we ALL are of every single one of You! Up the MIGHTY REDS!

Nur der BvB09

Im confident that we will beat Spurs.
Spurs have a young team and thin squad. They have over achieved. They will be like rabbits in the headlight the next 2 weeks as the build up engulfs them, the excitement, the dream come true, the interviews and then the last couple of sleepless nights, the long long day of the final.They will be knackered before the game starts and they will wilt in the last 10 mins.

Liverpool on the other hand have most of the players who were in the final last season and a few who were in the uefa final. They are older and wiser. they know what to expect and wont be daunted by the experience, and different to spurs, they have a score to settle ! The experience against Real last season will harden our team !!

3-0 Salah hattrick !
Mate you forgot to Mention Mane and Bobby so you re going for a cricket score to the goods for us i suppose?lol

Wilkored08

God BLESS the LFC Fans worldwide!!! Cause we ARE the BEST the world can have!YNWA
FUCK OFF City s BASTARDS Players Songs and YES to remember You Counts all of City shit great Players you switch the TV and look the MIGHTY REDS how it is done in the Champions League you FUCKING LOOSERS!!
Even the Spurs want it more than City says a lot About how FUCKING bad this lot of City and Champions League are! I m pissed off of all of them!
C mon you REDMEN make US and Yourselfs PROUDER then Proud we ALL are of every single one of You! Up the MIGHTY REDS!
Two bods(shitty supporters) on BBC news this morning say we would love to win the European Cup....yeah Mateys in your dreams... Haven't you won it yet? I think we have!!!! (And she didn't know anything about the financial irregularities.... What a fan.)

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
No Anfield screening this year as had been mentioned. Real Shame.

There's also no fan zone screening in Madrid. Been advised to watch it in one of the many bars - yes but.....

Not sure what is going on with the world - Anfield had around 25000 people there last year, and same again or more this year.... but not doing it.
Finding a bar in Madrid will be lame when you could be watching it in a fan zone.

But I don't care, as long as we win, and we win the Liverpool way.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
No Anfield screening this year as had been mentioned. Real Shame.

There's also no fan zone screening in Madrid. Been advised to watch it in one of the many bars - yes but.....

Not sure what is going on with the world - Anfield had around 25000 people there last year, and same again or more this year.... but not doing it.
Finding a bar in Madrid will be lame when you could be watching it in a fan zone.

But I don't care, as long as we win, and we win the Liverpool way.
n
Nightmare if some ended up in a nice quiet bar.. sitting at the back drinking Sangria all of the sudden scores of Tottenham fans come in blocking the entrance with they're undersized beer belly jerseys.. wouldn't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.