• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show me the Mane

Early thoughts
I don't like the long break for this after the Wolves game.
Form sort of goes out of the window in finals to a degree but we had better momentum than Spurs
We've been on the boil most of the season and Klopp needs to keep us hungry for this
Man for man we should be winning this beast but it's on the day stuff and they have some very good players too
I see the Spurs defence as their weak spot, if VVD and the lads can keep them at bay we should have enough fire power to win
I'm confident but only quietly at the moment

RedYank

Have a similar thing here with the Super Bowl. At least from my perspective viewing that event each year, the competing sides do not seem to have a "rustiness" by game day. This is, of course, as long as they have continued their regular training regimen. Certain Jurgen will have them razor sharp in that.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I am concerned about the three week break. I hope the different leagues around Europe get synced up with a winter break and end the various seasons at the same time. No winter break in England and now we twiddle our thumbs, potentially losing match sharpness.
I agree the three week break is not ideal as it can lead to a rustiness in our performance. What i mean is that, as a team when performing regularly you can get on a roll, which we were clearly enjoying and Spurs weren't. The 3 week break almost resets that,
I appreciate that as both teams are English they experience the same conditions but i would rather the CL final be played closer to the end of season.

Red over the water

I think the other main leagues in Europe have a two week winter break. Klopp and other leading managers have asked for it. The English game says that busy Christmas and New Year fixtures are part of the tradition. I buy that, so let’s have a two week break mid January and end the season when the others around Europe end. It shouldn’t be too difficult to fix.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Note to all forum users.

If you see posts from people offering rooms in Madrid, flights, or even tickets, please use the report function and let the mods deal with it.

In all likelihood these posts are scams and their only intent is to separate you from you cash ASAP.

Please don’t be tempted to take up any offers without doing your diligence on their legitimacy, and always be wary of sending cash to people you don’t know.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I think we wont be rusty. I think we will recover from the hard season and be pretty fresh. Plus, Klopp knows the problem of lack of games, and we can play a couple of times in training Im sure. (Spurs obviously will be playing 7 vs 7 :) ). Plus this extra time gives us time to practise a few weak spots that we were unable to do much about during the season. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. And I still think it will be 3-0.

Last edited:

Joe Gomez x

I think the other main leagues in Europe have a two week winter break. Klopp and other leading managers have asked for it. The English game says that busy Christmas and New Year fixtures are part of the tradition. I buy that, so let’s have a two week break mid January and end the season when the others around Europe end. It shouldn’t be too difficult to fix.
Yeah, I love my Christmas time football and it’s great when everyone is off over the holidays. Should introduce a two week period off for the clubs during January for sure

effzee

Where can I watch the final? I've been subscribed to DAZN all season, and very frustrated with the delayed starts, and now only realized that they're not showing the CL final at all! Any suggestions for a short term service or one time deal I can sign up to just to watch the final at home? I'm only interested in legitimate services, and am not looking for a super cheap solution. I just have to watch the game!

Cancelled my DAZN subscription earlier this evening.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I think we wont be rusty. I think we will recover from the hard season and be pretty fresh. Plus, Klopp knows the problem of lack of games, and we can play a couple of times in training Im sure. (Spurs obviously will be playing 7 vs 7 :) ). Plus this extra time gives us time to practise a few weak spots that we were unable to do much about during the season. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. And I still think it will be 3-0.
I hope so. I am getting more and more nervous by the day. I mentioned this last year, and will echo my sentiments. I want us to win so much, not for me but for Klopp, the Staff and the Lads. I am always proud to say I am a Liverpool Fan but this team brings my pride to a level iv never felt before. This team, led by Klopp have converted so many of my mates, Liverpool FC are now their favourite team outside of the Championship. To try and put it into perspective, i live in Birmingham. After Origi scored the 4th against Barca i witnessed people with no affiliation to LFC celebrating with each other, looking at each other in disbelief, high fiving each other, singing the songs. It was a joy to see!

RedYank

Where can I watch the final? I've been subscribed to DAZN all season, and very frustrated with the delayed starts, and now only realized that they're not showing the CL final at all! Any suggestions for a short term service or one time deal I can sign up to just to watch the final at home? I'm only interested in legitimate services, and am not looking for a super cheap solution. I just have to watch the game!

Find an LFC pub!!

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I'm not sure whether I'll go out and watch it at the local supporters club. I get really nervous during these matches and like the solitude of my home where I can grit my teeth and shout at the television in privacy.

It isn't as glorious to celebrate alone...but I'll be sharing this experience with all of you on this forum so I'm sure our collective spirit will make it feel like we're all in this together no matter where we are around the globe.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

I'm not sure whether I'll go out and watch it at the local supporters club. I get really nervous during these matches and like the solitude of my home where I can grit my teeth and shout at the television in privacy.

It isn't as glorious to celebrate alone...but I'll be sharing this experience with all of you on this forum so I'm sure our collective spirit will make it feel like we're all in this together no matter where we are around the globe.
No mate, don't watch it alone. Terrible idea. Get out with fellow supporters.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

Which country do you live in?

Roo17

I think that is very harsh. 97 point season that featured a single loss plus a CL final. I honestly couldn't give two fucks if opposition supporters call that failure.
Have you read this quote on this web site by shanks! “If you are first, you are first. If you are second…you are nothing.” we are Liverpool we dont settle for 2nd do we.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Have you read this quote on this web site by shanks! “If you are first, you are first. If you are second…you are nothing.” we are Liverpool we dont settle for 2nd do we.
Half the time with Shanks, he had his tongue firmly in his cheek.

97 points and a CL final, and only being popped to league by cheating isn’t nothing. And I doubt Bill would think so either.

igor_piss_can

BTSport usually stream the finals for free on Youtube mate. I think they've done it with the Champions League & Europa for the last couple of years now

Status
Not open for further replies.