• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

RedYank

While the Premier League clubs received 33,286 tickets, 4,000 were sold to fans worldwide and the rest have gone to the local organising committee, Uefa, national associations, commercial partners, broadcasters and to corporate hospitality packages.

Isn't the way it always goes? The actual supporters get left behind.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
What is the rule about re-selling? Here in the states, very very few live events have restrictions on tickets being resold. Price-gouging is the norm. So, it's a bit bizarre (and very refreshing) that the rules seem to be different abroad. Are you allowed to resell them at cost?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
What is the rule about re-selling? Here in the states, very very few live events have restrictions on tickets being resold. Price-gouging is the norm. So, it's a bit bizarre (and very refreshing) that the rules seem to be different abroad. Are you allowed to resell them at cost?
I think it depends on the venue and the event, but most events have policies to reduce people scalping. Most music events will be resale through the venue only at face value.

There are additional issues in football around keeping fans segregated.

RedYank

I think it depends on the venue and the event, but most events have policies to reduce people scalping. Most music events will be resale through the venue only at face value.

There are additional issues in football around keeping fans segregated.
I wonder how that would work--as I can go on Stubhub right now and order any amount of tickets at any (gouged) price in any Madrid stadium location.

Red over the water

It's a good thing to put policies in place to reduce scalping.

I'm not sure how it could be implemented, but it would be a good thing if there was some mechanism to do the same in all the areas around the big game - we read stories about how hotel rooms have gone up ten-fold, flights have tripled or more, etc.

It would be good if there was some sort of European law that said you can only increase the price X percent from the usual price.

It seems strange that such unfettered capitalism (scalping/gouging) should be allowed for some, but not for others.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Why the fuck would someone, as a season ticket holder and hopefully a proper fan, get their grubby hands on a precious CL final ticket, only to try to scalp their fellow supporters?

I hate it how people do it for music events, can't understand that either. But for a CL final?! I guess they aren't real fans and don't actually care about the match. Or it's just the culture we live in.

Macolfc

A bit off topic but does anyone know when the club will be posting tickets? I’m leaving for Spain early hours Wednesday morning so my last day for delivery is Tuesday, thinking I should of opted for collection in Madrid.

richieh10

In regards to the reselling of tickets... go stand behind the Kop on Walton breck road and there are loadsa people selling tickets. The majority of these are on fan cards and are at vastly inflated prices.

If the club cares about the fan in the street as it claims it does then go and bust these touts (same faces every week) and get their fan cards/members cards / season tickets off them so that they can go to real supporters! It isn’t rocket science and wouldn’t be hard to do.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
In regards to the reselling of tickets... go stand behind the Kop on Walton breck road and there are loadsa people selling tickets. The majority of these are on fan cards and are at vastly inflated prices.

If the club cares about the fan in the street as it claims it does then go and bust these touts (same faces every week) and get their fan cards/members cards / season tickets off them so that they can go to real supporters! It isn’t rocket science and wouldn’t be hard to do.
Indeed. Was close to Anfield for about 10 days ahead of the Barca & Wolves games and there were same faces every day.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Yeah I struggle to understand why the club does nothing about it.

Macolfc

Honestly don’t think they care as long as they get the income from the home games, they seem to be making a big deal out of the CL final probably because of how much the tickets are selling for.

I remember back in 2014 buying 2 tickets from an online tout for the arsenal game at Anfield. It was a scam & I never received the tickets, I made a complaint to the club & give the fan numbers of the person who sold me them. Few days lately I got a call from the ticket office saying they where sorry for what had happened & offered me two tickets in the main stand. I thought brilliant the club has gone out of its way to offer me a few tickets then just before the end of the call she said I owed £120 lol

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
It's just over a week to go before our final game of the season and I'm beginning to get the old butterflies in the stomach. I'm not worried about Liverpool not turning up on the day, they will, it's just that I couldn't stand another loss in the final. It would be heartbreaking to suffer two Champions League defeats on the bounce and that's what's making me feel nervous. I would love us to beat the Spuds in 90+ minutes by 4-1, but there is that little niggle inside me that worries about getting beat. I hope I'm wrong, I know I'm wrong, we have to win it, we must.

Last edited:

jaffod

It's just over a week to go before our final game of the season and I'm beginning to get the old butterflies in the stomach. I'm not worried about Liverpool not turning up on the day, they will, it's just that I couldn't stand another loss in the final. It would be heartbreaking to suffer two Champions League defeats on the bounce and that's what's making me feel nervous. I would love us to beat the Spuds in 90+ minutes by 4-1, but there is that little niggle inside me that worries about getting beat. I hope I'm wrong, I know I'm wrong, we have to win it, we must.
Think we're all feeling the same way. The last 6 or 7 years have been brutal in terms of being runners-up. CL, PL, FA Cup, League Cup or whatever the fuck it's called these days, another loss would be devastating and I really think it would have a psychological effect on this group of players moving forward.
The last time I felt like this about a match was probably the 2005 semi against Chelsea. Defeat in that would have finished me albeit for different reasons. I fucking despised them to an insane degree, but this time it's just the feeling that another defeat would be another massive kick in the balls on top of all the recent heartbreak we've suffered.
It's mad really. Despite winning nothing for 7 years we've had more highs in that time than most football fans will experience in a lifetime. Several wonderful European nights, a couple of title challenges that were extraordinary in their nature, brilliant football and a world class manager. All that's been missing is that icing on the cake, a trophy.
The wait to this game seems never ending. People have said it favours Spurs because we had momentum and that's been broken but I don't see it that way. If the game was this week I don't think Bobby would have been ready and imo he's incredibly important to how we play, whereas I wonder if Spurs will push Kane and Winks back in after being out for nearly 2 months and nowhere near match fit.
Please Redmen, just fucking win!

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Think we're all feeling the same way. The last 6 or 7 years have been brutal in terms of being runners-up. CL, PL, FA Cup, League Cup or whatever the fuck it's called these days, another loss would be devastating and I really think it would have a psychological effect on this group of players moving forward.
The last time I felt like this about a match was probably the 2005 semi against Chelsea. Defeat in that would have finished me albeit for different reasons. I fucking despised them to an insane degree, but this time it's just the feeling that another defeat would be another massive kick in the balls on top of all the recent heartbreak we've suffered.
It's mad really. Despite winning nothing for 7 years we've had more highs in that time than most football fans will experience in a lifetime. Several wonderful European nights, a couple of title challenges that were extraordinary in their nature, brilliant football and a world class manager. All that's been missing is that icing on the cake, a trophy.
The wait to this game seems never ending. People have said it favours Spurs because we had momentum and that's been broken but I don't see it that way. If the game was this week I don't think Bobby would have been ready and imo he's incredibly important to how we play, whereas I wonder if Spurs will push Kane and Winks back in after being out for nearly 2 months and nowhere near match fit.
Please Redmen, just fucking win!
I will echo that sentiment @jaffod "Please Redmen, just fucking win!"

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Why the fuck would someone, as a season ticket holder and hopefully a proper fan, get their grubby hands on a precious CL final ticket, only to try to scalp their fellow supporters?

I hate it how people do it for music events, can't understand that either. But for a CL final?! I guess they aren't real fans and don't actually care about the match. Or it's just the culture we live in.
As a fan of live events, sports, comedy, music its scandalous that people can be ripped off like this. In an era where the technology is available to prevent this I'm amazed its so common. Every ticket should have a reference number and a record of who it was allocated to, so both finalists and the UEFA allocation. It should be easier to control fan allocation as it should be referenced against their passport number which should then be cross checked. In order to transfer the ticket, they will need to put an application into the club in order for them to change the name/passport ref#. Obviously this still leaves the door open to people selling on tickets but at least it can be managed better.
In regards to the UEFA allocation, it is going to be more difficult. Maybe UEFA request a list of nominated attendees from each party, passport details. It wont completely eradicate the problem but will make it tougher, IMO.

richieh10

Time to give her a vote of no confidence and hope that the next one you get in has better ideas on how things should be run.

In all seriousness though I need to buy some of flags/red paint for a wall/ pyro but if I do that it could well promt her to initiate article 50 and start Richiexit

richieh10

Makes sense. I worry about the 3 week break as we are a side who certainly need to keep our rhythm.

The opposition will be carefully picked and will be told in no uncertain terms not to do anything silly.

Before people start piping up about ‘what about injuries’ players can get injured in training just as easily.

Think it’s a good idea and makes sense, however would have thought if it’s happening needs to be no later than Saturday. Anything less than a week before the game would make me nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.