PRE-MATCH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019 - Liverpool Vs Spurs (UCL 8pm 1st June 2019), Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Jesus, is it June yet?? I've tried to stay away from here as it's making the wait worse but I had to come and see what you are all say/feeling in this slow, slow wait. I'm sure once we hit next week though then i'll start getting those nerves! It's weird going into a final like this as favorites, there is always that doubt and the Spuds have skanked past City and Ajax but we are a much better team, we blew the Mighty Barca away with Origi up top so whatever they have got we'll be ready for plus we owe it to ourselves after getting dealt a shitty hand in the last final, we were bossing Madrid till Mo went off and it killed us, plus that Keeper (it's that bad i'm forgetting his name), oh yeah Karius the Clown, choked. That hurt, this will not hurt, we have to go out there and not just scrape a peno win, we have to smash Spuds off the park, early couple of goals, game opens up and then it's goodnight. Oh my i'm starting to feel it, just gotta find a great venue to watch, may meet up with a couple of other fans i've discovered also live in Cancun and go to Hooters! I'll be sure to post a pic of me dancing on the table if the boys deliver! 9 days and counting!

Hi guys, I’ve written a preview of the big game, and as a neutral I think your defence is going to get the job done, with a slight change in approach from Klopp to previous finals. Would be grateful if you could have a read and let me know your thoughts:

All the best for the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Heading down from Glasgow to watch the game in Liverpool. Staying at hotel in Warrington anyone know roughly taxi cost from there to Liverpool city centre? And the best place to watch the game in city centre?
On a saturday night, after the match, probably 40 odd quid I'd have thought. Get the train in (£5) and taxi back.

As for bars, everywhere will be packed and many have ticketed the event. Best off walking around early and looking for places that haven't, and diving in there. If you need some suggestions on the day PM me.

Edit: Found this article.

Not sure if it's totally accurate because I knew a few who've bought tickets for Rubber Soul (unless they were scammed, ha) but it should be a good guide.

The Bier Haus might not be a bad shout. Not many people think to go there usually, preferring Soho or Mccooleys instead, but they have TVs everywhere and it's pretty big. Watched the Brazil friendly the other month in there and it was sound.

It's on concert square too which will be bouncing all day, so you'll get to see all that and Bold st is right next door which has loads of good places to eat beforehand.

How many times do you think I've been to Liverpool city centre on a European Cup Final night? Eh... Eh...;-);-);-)
It was chaos last year, reds all over the place. Bars packed, streets packed, roads closed off. If we win you won't see a blue in town for at least 3 days!

Last edited:

FilthyBloke

Still over a week. I hope that doesn’t affect our rhythm.
There is a bit of 2005 about Spurs this year. There is also a bit of 2005 about us as well. Struggled through the groups. Both needed comebacks in the semi.
Kane is fit apparently.
So is Bobby.

It’ll be amazing if we win number 6.
It’ll be soul destroying if we lose.

I doubt I’ll even be able to watch the game. I might log in here after full time and see what the buzz is.

Just win!

SirBillShankly

Proud to be HETRO.
So, Sir Harry Kane is fit- that's Spurs effectively down to 10 men then.

For us, Bobby's fit- that's us effectively playing with 12.

Only 1 winner here.

Quite looking forward to June. Starts with LFC lifting the European Cup, then my birthday on the 8th, then I'm marrying my Bestie on the 14th. Happy days!

Last edited:

Rossyt98

On a saturday night, after the match, probably 40 odd quid I'd have thought. Get the train in (£5) and taxi back.

As for bars, everywhere will be packed and many have ticketed the event. Best off walking around early and looking for places that haven't, and diving in there. If you need some suggestions on the day PM me.

Edit: Found this article.

Not sure if it's totally accurate because I knew a few who've bought tickets for Rubber Soul (unless they were scammed, ha) but it should be a good guide.

The Bier Haus might not be a bad shout. Not many people think to go there usually, preferring Soho or Mccooleys instead, but they have TVs everywhere and it's pretty big. Watched the Brazil friendly the other month in there and it was sound.

It's on concert square too which will be bouncing all day, so you'll get to see all that and Bold st is right next door which has loads of good places to eat beforehand.

It was chaos last year, reds all over the place. Bars packed, streets packed, roads closed off. If we win you won't see a blue in town for at least 3 days!
Thanks for all the info mate, I take it most pubs will allow Liverpool tops?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Ex-Spurs yard-dog and current club 'ambassador' Graham Roberts reckons we only faced 'half a team' because of injuries in the 2 victories against them this season and warns 'watch out Liverpool'.
It's because of cunts like him that we really, really need to win.
Graham Roberts rates amongst "lucky" footballers. In summary, useless cunts who preyed (played) on the shoulders of others, better players. Our super hero wank bag Ruddock was one, Vinnie Jones, Steve Bould, too many to mention.
SKY really love bigging a cunt up by letting the likes of him talk.

Dane

NEXT!
Thanks for all the info mate,
Watch out for taxi driving scammers too.
Me and my niece got a taxi back to Speke after the Wolves game and the cunt tried it on by taking us the long way because I spoke with a Scottish accent.
Soft twat assumed I didn't know where I was going.

redaderry

Hi guys, I’ve written a preview of the big game, and as a neutral I think your defence is going to get the job done, with a slight change in approach from Klopp to previous finals. Would be grateful if you could have a read and let me know your thoughts:

All the best for the game!
Not a bad piece but just to point out that VVD played in the CL final last year, contrary to your review.

Jaytinho

Hopefully this whole 3 week wait and Marbella trip wont kill intensity. Regarding the starting lineup, its really a catch 22 between Origi's form and Bobby's fitness. To be honest, in cup runs, its best not to upset the rhythm of the in form players so as hard the decision will be, I hope Origi starts, he deserves it. BUT, then again, Bobby seems to be enjoying playing against Spurs, he scored at Anfield and Wembley. It may look like this though

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Or that...... Either way, we are off three weeks pulling the proverbial wire
I don't know if you've already found out, but from the Echo, according to A UEFA spokesperson: "After changes had been made to the international match calendar ahead of the 2014/15 season, e.g. introduction of national team double-headers and less international friendly dates, UEFA agreed with its stakeholders that the date of the UEFA Champions League final shall be scheduled at the last available date of the season before the international match release period in June."

"In uneven years without World Cup or EURO tournaments, this may be at the end of May or beginning of June."

So, there you go. :rolleyes:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Hopefully this whole 3 week wait and Marbella trip wont kill intensity. Regarding the starting lineup, its really a catch 22 between Origi's form and Bobby's fitness. To be honest, in cup runs, its best not to upset the rhythm of the in form players so as hard the decision will be, I hope Origi starts, he deserves it. BUT, then again, Bobby seems to be enjoying playing against Spurs, he scored at Anfield and Wembley. It may look like this though

To me its fairly simple.....if Firmino is fit he starts, no other option.
In fairness Origi has played a significant part this season, but picking him ahead of Firmino is sentiment, and nonsensical.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
It's just over a week to go before our final game of the season and I'm beginning to get the old butterflies in the stomach. I'm not worried about Liverpool not turning up on the day, they will, it's just that I couldn't stand another loss in the final. It would be heartbreaking to suffer two Champions League defeats on the bounce and that's what's making me feel nervous. I would love us to beat the Spuds in 90+ minutes by 4-1, but there is that little niggle inside me that worries about getting beat. I hope I'm wrong, I know I'm wrong, we have to win it, we must.
Nervous? I'm too nervous to even post in this thread.

Oh, I just did. Well obviously we're going to win then.

Jaytinho

To me its fairly simple.....if Firmino is fit he starts, no other option.
In fairness Origi has played a significant part this season, but picking him ahead of Firmino is sentiment, and nonsensical.
Nonsensical is stretching it, and certainly not sentimental. The footballing evidence is there, ofcourse I prefer a 100% FIT Firmino starting, without question. But, for the good of the team? I have no issues with Origi scoring in his 2nd consecutive Champions League knockout game

Status
Not open for further replies.