• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-match: Chelsea v Liverpool 29/12/13 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Last fixture of a very satisfactory 2013 takes us to Stamford Bridge, where we have a decent record in recent years.

After today's narrow loss I'm really looking forward to this one...

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
3-1 Reds. Ramires out.

pottymonster

Peanut butter!
I'm definitely feeling confident. I'm hoping for something even more entertaining than todays game where we can come out 3-2 winners.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Pretty confident about this one, after the narrow loss to Citeh we'll be well up for this.
Turn it around 2-1 to us.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
I don't even want to think about this one.

How on earth, we can end up playing away 5 of our top 6 opponents in the 1st round is about as logical as a ref from Manchester officiating our game against Citeh.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Anyone know for sure if Ramires is out?

There defence is nothing compared to city. I am convinced we will win or at least get a draw. We have a good record against them.

Would love to win this one.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
This could be the first team we lose 2 league games in a row under Rodgers.

Or, it could be the first team Chelsea lose a league game at home under Mourinho

or it could be a draw

Reactions: RMP

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
ILLOK said:
This could be the first team we lose 2 league games in a row under Rodgers.

Or, it could be the first team Chelsea lose a league game at home under Mourinho

or it could be a draw
you are funny mate...all over the place, like me. This could be a win, a draw or a loss. I'll be shocked if the bookies don't give each possible result about a 33% chance.

BTW, I really enjoyed your posts on the Citeh forum. That's you, no?

Semmy

Ad-free Member
jimbo said:
Anyone know for sure if Ramires is out?

There defence is nothing compared to city. I am convinced we will win or at least get a draw. We have a good record against them.

Would love to win this one.
unless the commentator got it wrong, he picked up his 5th yellow

trygve76

TIA New Signing
They're lacking in pace. Reckon we might nick this one, but I'll settle for a 1-1 draw.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
trygve76 said:
They're lacking in pace. Reckon we might nick this one, but I'll settle for a 1-1 draw.
anything less than 3 points will be disappointing for me.

YNWAGerrard

I'm looking for us to win this match 3-0!
To be honest anything less than a win would be dragging us down off top 4 :p

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Repeat the performance and reduce the individual mistakes to a minimum. Then we have a good chance.

Interesting to see how Chelsea approach this. Against Arsenal they lowered their wingers and sat in a 6-3-1, but I doubt they'll be that defensive at home.

Zoran

Yep they will have to be more attacking minded, Mourinho clearly wanted and was happy with a point at the Emirates so he could focus on getting 6 points in the 2 home games. Ramires out most probably Mikel and Lampard (no choice really, think they only have Essien as a central midfield option) which surely means Oscar in front of them. Mata probably on the bench in that case also considering that Hazard is more of a certainity to start, Torres back in.

I agree, improve on our performance from today: mistakes & finishing and I'm confident we can get something out of the game.

Herb

0-0. Will be a drab affair. Would take a point.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Interestingly we are playing good football no doubt, but we are quite leaky at the back don't know the exact stat but think we only managed 2 clean sheets in 8 or 9 games. Which is baffling since we play 2 holding midfielders. maybe this needs addressing ? Do we need 2 dms ?

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
This is where lack of depth and injuries to key players can catch up to us. Wouldn't be surprised to see their great manager play on the counter at home and try to score from set pieces. Hope Toure plays keep the rest the same. Thought Cissokho played good and deserves another start.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
its our second game in 4 days... not too confident here... will be happy with a draw...

Semmy

Ad-free Member
nimitzz said:
its our second game in 4 days... not too confident here... will be happy with a draw...
its their 2nd game as well...advantage to?

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
Will take a draw, though I think if we maintain the same level as the past 3-4 games (and have the stamina within our thin squad), we could come away with a win.

Same starting XI again, if only because anyone on the bench (bar Flanagan, if he's ready to go) would be a downgrade.

Today really demonstrated that our starting XI can go against any in the PL, it's the depth that's lacking.

Looking forward to the second half of the season, after Sunday most of our top competitors will have to come to Anfield in the second half of the season. Should give us a great opportunity for a strong run-in and top 4 finish.

Claymenza

Another set piece goal conceded...do we no longer concede from open play?

Semmy

Ad-free Member
Colorado Red said:
Will take a draw, though I think if we maintain the same level as the past 3-4 games (and have the stamina within our thin squad), we could come away with a win.

Same starting XI again, if only because anyone on the bench (bar Flanagan, if he's ready to go) would be a downgrade.

Today really demonstrated that our starting XI can go against any in the PL, it's the depth that's lacking.

Looking forward to the second half of the season, after Sunday most of our top competitors will have to come to Anfield in the second half of the season. Should give us a great opportunity for a strong run-in and top 4 finish.
our weakened starting XI can go with any in the PL...still missing Jose, Stevie, Sturridge...

abcd

A point here and a win against Hull will bring Liverpool to 2 points a game after 20 games which would be a good return. Chelsea have their home record under Mourinho for a reason but they really have been stuttering in a lot of games and lost at home to Basel and WBA were robbed there, its definitely a game the team need to look to get something out of just to keep in and around the top 4 heading into the new year.

RMP

TIA First Team
Surely the movement of Allen, Coutinho and Henderson is bound to cause them problems. I think we can win this one especially off the back of that performance at the Etihad. Its a shame that we don't have another striker to feed off Suarez. Mikel seems a rash player and Lampard is the quickest either hopefully they do start.

Our away form isn't something to write home about but Chelsea haven't been impressive at home. They'll be up for it though but I feel confident ahead of this one.

Toro

Florida Red
norwegian wood said:
Repeat the performance and reduce the individual mistakes to a minimum. Then we have a good chance.

Interesting to see how Chelsea approach this. Against Arsenal they lowered their wingers and sat in a 6-3-1, but I doubt they'll be that defensive at home.
I think it'll also be fascinating, given how our front men have been tearing defenses apart. Even today against City, we created enough chances to win a game. Mou isn't very adventurous. My guess is that he'll opt for a more defensive shape and try to hit us on the counter. The tell will be whether or not Mata starts.

I'd be happy with a draw. 7 out of 12 points in our most difficult period of the season would be fantastic.

RedSeven

On the one road
trygve76 said:
After the city result a win in this one is a must i feel

Superior Complex

A must win if we were going for the title a draw against Chelsea keeps us more than in the race a win against them would take us above Chelsea which would be excellent. Come on it was man city at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.