• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-match: Chelsea v Liverpool 29/12/13 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
charleslee89 said:
oh my, rodgers been out-witted by his mentor and coutinho has to go off...
Ya losing by a goal at the bridge. Who would've thought. Let's fucking fire Rodgers.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
charleslee89 said:
oh my, rodgers been out-witted by his mentor and coutinho has to go off...
Hardly. He's got a 16 year old on the bench. Squad depth doesn't cover it.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Uberkoen said:
We've been dominating the past few minutes. They're just looking to defend now. Perfect time to take Lucas off and bring on Aspas.
I honestly think Rodgers thinks he's shit considering how little time he's had and how there aren't many others there. Poor squad is hurting us but have been one or two errors thrown in recruitment wise

Think in the second half we have tried but have hit a wall

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Red ball + Lucas + forward pass = blue ball

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Arminius said:
From what I have seen of Moses, I'd rather make the investment in Smith.
Agreed, but I wouldn't say this is the type of game to further that investment. Smith is on the pitch out of necessity.

Just goes to show how thin the squad is (not even 17 first team regulars now I think?)

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Herb said:
Coutinho has been so poor. Shouldn't be afraid of hooking him at times. Seems if he's off it he has an absolute stinker.
He was hooked last match, that worked well didn't it?

I agree he's been pis poor, but we've got no one to replace him with.

Walter Sobchak

I hate to say it but we have been totally outplayed. It depresses me that we're not able to get around the chavs tactics. More direct passing and movement maybe, what we're doing now, playing into their hands all the time is a bit embarrassing.

Union4LFC

The difference in this game, outside of straight up natural talent and Liverpool's lack of depth is Lucas and Glen Johnson just being absolutely below the class required. Just horrendous.

Agger is awful at left back but in fairness he has no business playing there.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Have to say though, Willian has been playing possibly his best game for Chelsea so far.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
with all of our injuries and lack of squad depth we've looked as good (or bad) as chelsea this half
let get the point(s)

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Walter Sobchak said:
I hate to say it but we have been totally outplayed. It depresses me that we're not able to get around the chavs tactics. More direct passing and movement maybe, what we're doing now, playing into their hands all the time is a bit embarrassing.
I think Mourinho was quite happy to pack the middle and put a couple of men on Suarez. Management by numbers but that all you need when we don't have Sturridge available

Think he could have murdered us if he so choose but 2-1 will suit his lot fine

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Walter Sobchak said:
They have made the very simple choice to make this a high energy game in midfield, and thrown fresh bodies in to do it. Tactics, but hardly elegant out-thinking.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Webb's fucking bottled it.

Fucking cueballs can't referee for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.