• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-match: Chelsea v Liverpool 29/12/13 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulder

TIA Reserve Team
I'm not certain I can remember a time when our squad was so lacking

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
thank fuck january is here, everyone getting injured

BIG INVESTMENT PLEASE MR HENRY

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Mascot88 said:
Chelsea are playing a fucking dirty game. And playing Howard Webb like a cheap fiddle.
All things considered, I am not impressed by Chelsea. With the talent they have, they should be much stronger than this. This is headed for another 2-1 loss, but if the order we had played them in was reversed, we could have taken this one.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
RichLFC said:
We have been moving two players out and bringing one in since the days of Commoli. Is the men upstairs's responsibility to make sure we are adequately equipped. For me we aren't
It's gonna take time although loaning out Borini wasn't the best of decisions. Even City with all their spending took ages to get where they are now. Patience Rich, patience.

Reds

TIA Youth Team
Damn things are not looking good for us injury wise.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I like the bollocks it took to bring Smith on. I'd prefer those balls shown when we're 4 up. He's not at the races sadly.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Reds said:
Damn things are not looking good for us injury wise.
Yet we will inevitably have posters trotting out the canard 'professional footballers should be able to play two games in a week'. Injuries are what happen.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
SirBillShankly said:
It's gonna take time although loaning out Borini wasn't the best of decisions. Even City with all their spending took ages to get where they are now. Patience Rich, patience.
Honestly, it should be better than this. It's not good really. Can't take these short cuts in the long run

Been getting rid of players but just because they may be shite doesnt mean we can get away with not replacing them all the same

ptt

2020, head of the table.
alphakilo said:
What a fucking terrible week.
Losing to Chelsea and City away? Have a word mate, look at their squads.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
RichLFC said:
Pen for me but those often get missed because the ref would be watching the ball as the play had moved on. Unfortunately

Not been atrocious but not done enough to get a result in this
Replays show that not only was Webb looking directly at it but he pointed to them and said something as it happened.

He quite simply refused to give us a blatant penalty.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Pathetic depth to our squad. We have been battered today. Just shows how far apart we are. Smith was a huge call and today he looks like rabbit in front of headlights

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
If I were Rodgers I would rip Webb to the point that the FA would have to suspend me.

t34m43

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
Think Smith's nerves have well and truly got the best of him unfortunately..
Should not be on the pitch, not his fault he is blatantly not ready, Rodgers should take all the blame for bringing him on when chasing the game against what has been a hostile crowd.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Chelsea are an absolute embarrassment to the game. And Howard Webb only reinforces that.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Nasty challenge from Oscar, not that it mattered, but could have been a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.