• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Chelsea vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 6 | Sunday September 22nd 16:30h | Stamford Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Bit early but i am very busy in the next few days. Don't need to say much about Chelsea. A win would be a huge statement.

Let's go full strength once again and then we can rotate against MK Dons and Sheffield.

Adrian
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané​

YNWA

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
LDWDW, their two wins coming from donkey derbies and they got beat 4-0 by the shittest team ever in their opening fixture :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We're supposed to be worried about playing these fucking chumps? Keep their forwards under control (a bag of jelly babies would be enough to do that) and we will thrash these thick nazi shitheads into a frothy mess. Fuck them, fuck their fans and fuck their fucking gangster owner in their fucking ears (y) A comfortable 4-0.

redalways

TIA Regular
Am I the only one who's rather worried about this match? Our most recent encounter with them showed that they can frustrate us really well, and pose quite a threat themselves. Furthermore, while the performance in Napoli may have been an aberration, I don't think the intensity of the game would be beneficial to our performance in this next game. Towards the end of the match, it appeared like so many of the team were tiring out, especially evident in the second goal.

I'm certain the manager would be a lot more wary and cautious, especially since it's an away match.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Last time around, we were fortunate to get away with a draw (Sturridge's last-gasp wonder-strike). Lampard's boys have found some form lately in the league, but that home defeat against Valencia will be hard to take I guess. Hopefully it can rattle their new-found confidence a bit.

For our lads, it's all about getting sharper again, and taking their chances when they come (that's what was mainly missing at Naples, and cost us the game in the end).

Fingers crossed for a good all-round performance, and three points at the end for us!

nikz200

So Tammy Abraham says they will take their anger out on us for losing to Valencia......... I don't know how to feel, the last time we faced Chelsea we had a tough time of it, and they have been resurgent this past few weeks in the prem. Not to mention they usually get up for this type of game and I'm wondering how Bobbys fitness is holding up after all these games so far.

Another thing, for the fans who had been slating Robbo on twitter to the point he had to turn off his twitter. FFS people, he has played all the games for us and has worked his ass off even after a busy international break. Cut him a break, he has performed so well for us i don't understand why any of our fans would attack him like this.

Incognito

The Normal One

So Tammy Abraham says they will take their anger out on us for losing to Valencia......... I don't know how to feel, the last time we faced Chelsea we had a tough time of it, and they have been resurgent this past few weeks in the prem. Not to mention they usually get up for this type of game and I'm wondering how Bobbys fitness is holding up after all these games so far.
Love the talk before the game, not the first person to do so. It's not like we don't have a point to prove. Hope he ends up eating his own words after the game.

Red Armada

TIA Regular

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
Another thing, for the fans who had been slating Robbo on twitter to the point he had to turn off his twitter. FFS people, he has played all the games for us and has worked his ass off even after a busy international break. Cut him a break, he has performed so well for us i don't understand why any of our fans would attack him like this.
I really wouldn't call them "fans", a Liverpool fan wouldn't even think of that. Same goes for the Rashford/Pogba cases tbh, how can you be supporter of a team and then do things like that to your players. Unless you're a simpleton.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Mount may be fit for Sunday after all but at least we won't have to play against Eden Hazard. He was always good against us. The other player we should be hoping doesn't play is Kante. He has an ankle injury. He was the main reason why the Super Cup game was so close. Bossed the midfield that night.

One or two of our lads, notably Robbo, looked tired by the end of Tuesday's game but I don't see many changes here. Gini for Milner and that's about it, assuming there are no injuries. None of the regulars will start in midweek against MK Dons so there's a week's rest after this one. Looking at the team they are likely to put out it's not a patch on the Chelsea teams we've played in recent years. Defensively they are very suspect and although they will cause us problems with their pace and movement up top we should have more than enough to win this one.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Don’t like this fixture. We rarely do well there, there is a nasty aggressive bunch of fans close to the away end and my little boy is a big Chelsea fan so it’s a lose lose for me. Always like to get this one out of the way.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Always a tough one going to Chelski, but as mentioned by @Billy Biskix, Hazard has left.

On paper, we are way stronger than them. Provided the players are on it, can't see Abraham getting to much out of Matip or Virgil.

They have good midfield players, but they are yet to get into a groove, so we will hopefully overrun them - Kante playing or not playing will be the difference between a nervy game, and being in cruise control.

The Napoli loss was more down to the missed chances, than the bad luck we had with the penno, an unlikely error from Virgil. Expect Bobby, Sadio and Mo to be much better this weekend.

Gonna say 1-3 - the front three bag one each. They score an unlikely screamer.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Once more to the well, lads and then you can rest.

Adrian
Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Fabinho
Hendo Gini
Salah Firmino Mane
We can then play a completely changed team against MK Dons, rest a couple against Sheffield Utd and Salzburg, before we go full strength against Leicester.

Robbo in particular needs the next two off, and I’d look to get a bit of rest into Firmino, Fabinho, Trent and Van Dijk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.