Pre Match: Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) v Liverpool FC (UCL Group C, 17:55, 06.11.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Fed up of post Arsenal cry arsing. Time to move on to tomorrow's CL game.

Klopp has decided to leave Shaq at home to avoid the Albanian/Serbian political issue rearing its head. A good call.

Beat these and we need 2 points from Napoli at home or PSG away to qualify.

I'd like to see the following - Alisson, Gomez, Lovren, Virgil, Robbo, Gini, Milner, Lallana, Studge, Mane, Salah.

Last edited:

sms1986

I fully agree with leaving Shaqiri out of the squad to keep politics away and the hostility down, he'll be back for Fulham. I think it'll be a tougher match than the one at Anfield but I think we'll win.

RedYank

Yes, we take care of our own business in this one--but what would be the preferred outcome with Napoli-PSG tomorrow?

Red Eyes

Leaving players out for political reasons is not something I'm comfortable with, but it's probably the right decision in these circumstances. It will take away a focal point for their venom. Might have sugar coated it to Shaq with the promise of a start v Fulham

RodM

I think leaving Shaq at home was a sensible move although also a rather sad one to have to make.

I think I'd go for this as a starting lineup:

------------ Alisson ------------
Trent - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
- Wijnaldum - Fabinho - Lallana -
----- Salah - Firmino - Mané -----

Assuming no fitness concerns, of course. I'd then look to bringing Milner and Sturridge on as tactical substitutions. Depending on the fitness of our other defenders I'd be temped to rest Trent and play Gomez at right back although this is a fixture that I think Trent could shine in going forward.

Neutrino

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I will be travelling from Bulgaria to Belgrade for the game. I will be going to the game with my wife only, so it would be great if anyone can share anything about meeting points, time for gathering and so on as we will feel a lot safer if we are around more people from the Travelling Kop. :-)

It will be great if someone can help me out with any info, regarding the pre-game organzation.

Thanks a bunch! YNWA

Sweeting

Probably won't even watch this one as I don't finish work until kick off - but hopefully we just take care of business with minimal fuss.

Red over the water

Need to win as two very tough games left after this. They will be better than at Anfield but we should still win if we play even close to our level. Not sure on the team. Klopp might play Lovren in the middle and shift Gomez to the right after Trent’s poor display at the weekend, but on the other hand, he won’t be facing strikers like Aubameyang and Lacazette so perhaps this is the right game to play on in order to find your best form?

Whatever team we put out should be coming back with three points. If we do, we might only need one more draw to go through, depending on results elsewhere. Not getting anything at Napoli will probably keep this group alive right down to the wire.

It won’t be as easy as Anfield ,but I can still see us smashing them 3-0. Just hope there won’t be any injuries
and we get a decent referee.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
We would do well here to remember the first twenty minutes at Anfield when they showed us they could actually play a bit. With a fervent home support behind them they are likely to be a much tougher proposition than the side we ended up comfortably beating at Anfield and remember also that a very good Napoli side couldn't beat them on their own turf.

Same eleven as Saturday for me. I can't see Klopp dropping Trent after one bad game and doubt Keita is ready to start. (Is Hendo fit ?) As far as the other game goes I'd have thought a draw there or even a Napoli win would do us nicely.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
I believe this will be a really tough game. You rarely get easy away games in this competition...hoping for a win of course but suspect we will have to settle for a draw....and I would take that.
I can't see Klopp dropping Trent after one bad game
I don't think Trent has got close to his best form of last season for some reason..defensively he has struggled.

Last edited:

Alright Now

I think Shaqiri will thrive on the hostility,doesn't seem to be a player that would let that affect him unless it was in a positive way,seems a very tough lad.
He’s going to be foaming at the mouth when it comes to Fulham. I’m guessing @ptt is moving the money line on a goal Cubed for that fixture.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
If there are concerns about intimidation of our players then there has to be a real concern about potential intimidation of the match officials. That’s my biggest issue for this one.

FilthyBloke

If there are concerns about intimidation of our players then there has to be a real concern about potential intimidation of the match officials. That’s my biggest issue for this one.
You mean you expect the referee to disallow perfectly good goals and not give us free kicks yet give the opposition everything?
I think we are used to that. Comes as standard.

FilthyBloke

They are not very good. That’s all I know about them.
I’d be tempted to rotate the squad, otherwise we will have to settle for a paltry 6-0 win vs Fulham.

jaffod

Make no mistake, we'll do very well to come away with 3 points. They looked a game bunch at Anfield even when 3 or 4 down, they're going to give everything tomorrow. They'll be putting their foot in at every opportunity.
Heard Milner might not play due to a broken nose, a midfield of Gini, Fabinho and Lallana wouldn't fill me with confidence in that stadium.
I'd be tempted to try a 4-2-3-1 with Sturridge up top and use the pace of Mane and Mo down the flanks. Maybe bring Lovren in to add a bit of muscle.
We really need the points so we're not relying on beating Napoli, we can't carry any passengers.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Make no mistake, we'll do very well to come away with 3 points. They looked a game bunch at Anfield even when 3 or 4 down, they're going to give everything tomorrow. They'll be putting their foot in at every opportunity.
Heard Milner might not play due to a broken nose, a midfield of Gini, Fabinho and Lallana wouldn't fill me with confidence in that stadium.
I'd be tempted to try a 4-2-3-1 with Sturridge up top and use the pace of Mane and Mo down the flanks. Maybe bring Lovren in to add a bit of muscle.
We really need the points so we're not relying on beating Napoli, we can't carry any passengers.

If by game bunch you mean thugs then I would have to agree with you! ;-)

lol

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
With Shaq being left at home, makes me wonder where the spark and creativity will come from in midfield, especially if the assist king is out with a broken nose.

They might have a go at the start but will no doubt resort to putting 9 behind the ball and a bit of skullduggery.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
Should win by a couple or three, whichever team we put out. They are an average team that need to be dispatched - which we have become quite good at, it seems.
Napoli to beat PSG so we only need a point in Paris to knock the oil money launderers out!

eng.amohd

The false nine
I'd like to see a thuggish and strong lineup tonight, since Red Star will certainly be as aggressive as ever, and we really need the 3 points here to be more comfortable against Paris and Napoli. Maybe a 4231?

Allisson
Gomez, Lovren, VVD, Robertson
Fabinho, Wijnaldum
Salah, Firmino, Mane
Sturridge​

If Hendo is fit and ready, I'd rather him play since he offers more assertiveness than Gini, and a chance to let Bobby have some much needed rest:

Allisson
Gomez, Lovren, VVD, Robertson
Fabinho, Henderson
Salah, Wijnaldum, Mane
Sturridge
Quite optimistic for tonight, and I expect to win by 2 goals! COYR! :celebrating:

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Tough game. They might not travel well but they are strong at home. Any team who can get a point against Napoli deserves respect as Napoli were a cut above us when we played them in Italy. These lot are not Maribor so those expecting a thrashing are likely to be disappointed again. Any win here will be a great result.

The midfield is a bit of a worry. Is Milner really going to play with a broken nose? Is Keita really going to start after 2 days training? Gini's performance against Arsenal went a little under the radar given how poor Fabinho was but while Fabinho was visibly dreadful, Gini was just invisible. Piss poor from him too and they both owe us a good performance tonight.

They gave it a go at Anfield and they will give us a chance tonight, just as Arsenal did but we will have to get the final ball right. Didn't on Saturday despite regularly getting into good positions and it ultimately cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.