• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE MATCH : Crystal Palace v Liverpool EPL Sat 23rd Nov 1500 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Some people may be of the opinion that I deserve to start this thread after my performance last time out haha.

Some would consider this a banana skin. Not sure about that, I think it will be a comfortable and dominant performance, another away win for the champions elect.I would give Gini a rest and go with Milner if Robertson isn't available.

Team I would pick:

.....................Becker...............
Trent.....Lovren...Van Dijk.... Robertson
.....................Fabinho.....................
.............Ox..................Hendo..........
Salah............Firmino...................Mane

0-2 Salah, Mane

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Already fed up with the international break and can't wait for the PL to return next week. We travel to London to visit our favorite former manager Woy.

Somehow i don't have a good feeling atm (international break / travel / fatigue / canteen fights + injuries to Mo, Hendo, Joe) but could change during the week.

Have to say i did not watch any Palace games or highlights this season - so not sure what to expect. Probably the same shit that Hodgsons teams always play. In the last 4 games they lost 2:0 to Leicester, Chelsea and City and got a draw away against Arsenal. We've beaten Palace in the last 5 and also won the last 5 games at Selhurst - think we can forget about Crystanbul now.

Hopefully we can keep this thread Snakes- and Shitty free.

Not sure about the lineup atm. We also play Napoli (on paper the biggest team we have to face until the end of the year) a few days later.

Alisson
TAA Lovren VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Milner
Mané Firmino Origi

cynicaloldgit

Green, not greed
Ad-free Member
I hate the first game after an international break- we always appear a yard off the pace and tend to struggle. Still, Palace have been very consistent in their recent run against top four teams- they lost 2-0 to City, Leicester and Chavski.

There’s also a 2-2 draw at Arsenal in there for Uncle Woy’s merry men, so they can find the net on occasion.

I predict a tight 2-0 to us. Won’t be easy, but I’d be disappointed if we dropped points to this lot. I watched them live against City and they were woeful.

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
23 November 2014, Crystal Palace 3 Liverpool 1, need to beware !
I went to that, biblical freezing rain and we were shit. Always a tricky game for me as I was in the same class at school as the chairman so seeing him across the pitch in the directors box always makes me quite reflective on what I have done with my life since.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Got two tickets for the away end, taking my youngest son (1 of merely 5 !) and he’s very excited. Wondering how to sneak him into the pub beforehand. He’s a big boy but it’s a struggle to make out he’s 18.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Need our squad fit and well - this next 2 months is critical. A win here really puts the pressure on Pep. City Chelsea is straight after - which will be a beautiful watch after we have won.

I think players that have come back early have done so to prepare for this game.

Selhurst Park is an old school ground with decent atmosphere - so we will need to be on song.

Red Submarine

SIX, and counting.
Need our squad fit and well - this next 2 months is critical. A win here really puts the pressure on Pep. City Chelsea is straight after - which will be a beautiful watch after we have won.

I think players that have come back early have done so to prepare for this game.

Selhurst Park is an old school ground with decent atmosphere - so we will need to be on song.
/\ This. Straight back to business and fuck this lot off back down the tunnel with their keks round their ankles. I cannot wait. I'd settle for watching the U23 team play a friendly after all that pointless England shite.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
2-1 to palace.
We seem to have left the international week with umpteen players injured.
Matip is out, Gomez has knee problem, VVD has personal issues which could rule him out, possibly lovren sick as well which, along with Robertson being a doubt, means we have one fit senior defender in squad in TAA.
Add to that Henderson and Salah being unlikely to be fit and you have a few headaches for klopp.

First defeat of the season to come. Uncle Roy will be smiling.

nikz200

Annoying thing these injuries and i nearly had a scare when Ox went down from a tackle against Kosovo, so I'm glad he seemed alright afterwards.

Make no mistake Palace will go hard against us , Trent will start probably but he has been run into the mud during this england run, Robertson not going to start. And we can forget about Shaqiri ever playing for us again,that ship has sailed, so now what? I feel like we should give the kids a chance here , especially at the full back positions. I would probably see us line up like this

Alisson
Neco Williams
Van Dijk
Lovren
Milner
Fabinho
Keita
Henderson/wijnaldum
Mane
Firmino
Ox/ Origi

Ox has had a decent run of games now and i think is due a starting run consistently, now is the time with Salah going down, lets see if he can do it.

Incognito

The Normal One
Annoying thing these injuries and i nearly had a scare when Ox went down from a tackle against Kosovo, so I'm glad he seemed alright afterwards.

Make no mistake Palace will go hard against us , Trent will start probably but he has been run into the mud during this england run, Robertson not going to start. And we can forget about Shaqiri ever playing for us again,that ship has sailed, so now what? I feel like we should give the kids a chance here , especially at the full back positions. I would probably see us line up like this

Alisson
Neco Williams
Van Dijk
Lovren
Milner
Fabinho
Keita
Henderson/wijnaldum
Mane
Firmino
Ox/ Origi

Ox has had a decent run of games now and i think is due a starting run consistently, now is the time with Salah going down, lets see if he can do it.
Till the time we have an either or option like you mentioned for Henderson/wijnaldum and Ox/ Origi, I don't think any young players will be given a chance in league games.

We still have options like Fabinho who can play there (wouldn't want that but still), Hendo might for a game if needed. Lallana can play in mid then.

Robbo, Trent, Gomez, Milner, Fab, Hendo is probably our full back options for the league at least, before we start looking at youth.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Have nu clue who is fit or not but we need to start winning these matches again to give City no hope.

MinniMo

You all made me go and check didn't you!

CP Players on Int Duty now, where they are and when they play.

Jordan Ayew - Ghana

Thursday, 14th: Ayew started and finished the game v South Africa, with the Black Stars winning 2-0.

Monday, 18th: Sao Tome E Principe v Ghana, 16:00

Christian Benteke

Saturday, 16th: Russia v Belgium: Benteke was an unused substitute in Belgium's 4-1 win.

Tuesday, 19th: Belgium v Cyprus, 19:45

Wayne Hennessey - Wales

Saturday, 16th: Azerbaijan v Wales: Hennessey kept a clean sheet in Ryan Giggs' side's 2-0 win.

Tuesday, 19th: Wales v Hungary, 19:45

Cheikhou Kouyate - Senegal

Wednesday, 13th: Kouyate played the full 90 minutes in Senegal's 2-0 win over Congo.

Sunday, 17th: Eswatini v Senegal: the 4-1 win for Senegal saw Kouyate complete his second 90 minutes of the international break.

Luka Milivojevic - Serbia

Thursday, 14th: The Palace captain completed the full 90 in Serbia's entertaining 3-2 win over Luxembourg.

Sunday, 17th: Serbia Ukraine: Milivojevic came on in the 76th minute in the draw 2-2.

Patrick van Aanholt - Netherlands

Saturday, 16th: Nothern Ireland v Netherlands: Van Aanholt was an unused sub in the goalless draw.

Tuesday, 19th: Netherlands v Estonia, 19:45

Wilfried Zaha - Ivory Coast

Saturday, 16th: Ivory Coast v Niger: Zaha wasn't in the matchday squad for Ivory Coast's 1-0 victory.

Tuesday, 19th: Ethiopia v Ivory coast, 13:00

May help us relax a bit - but maybe not........

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Really big statement to win and place City under pressure vs Chelsea. We wont know until Friday regarding injuries etc so selecting a team is a waste of time.
Just hope all the alleged injuries/absences and personal reasons are ok and that we are at near enough 100% availability.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Normally, this is where I'd come in and say "Smash them, they're shit", but I'll be honest lads, I don't have a great feeling about this one.

Lot of injuries/niggles in the squad, as well as coming off a massive emotional high into an international break, I just feel we'll come out slow and tired here. Reckon a draw might be on the cards, or a sneaky 2-1 or somesuch.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.