• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH: Everton v. Liverpool (PL: Sun, 28.10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Kind of early with a match midweek?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Not really much point offering thoughts and line ups until we know who the squad comes through the Anzhi game.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Hmmm bit hard to imagine what the team will be due to the midweek game, never know what knocks and world class performances we will see. What I guess Rodgers will have pencilled in for now would be:
Reina
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Allen, Sahin
Gerrard
Suso, Suarez, Sterling

But too many variables in midweek, if a player or two shows world class form I can see them being moved straight into senior side no messing just like Wisdom, Suso, Sterling and Sahin did.

RMP

TIA First Team
Everton without Fellani (???) and Pienaar. Honestly can't see them beating us unless we go out and do something stupid. Everton will open up and attack and we're more than capable to hold them off perhaps good open match will suit us as well

Reina​
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique​
Allen​
Sahin Gerrard​
Suso Suarez Sterling​

If we can keep cool heads I think we'll be all right. 1 nil to us Sterling to get the goal

They have 2 cup finals every year, us home and away.
They had 3 cup finals last season, and lost all of them.

They got the last laugh though, they are proud holders of the "We finished above Liverpool in the league" Cup
I heard that's a pretty coveted trophy in Everton circles.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
If you listen carefully you can hear a faint "yes my precious......" as Moyes polishes it too

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
This could be the most important match we have played in the month of October...a 3rd win takes up a little bit closer to the top half of the table and will do our confidence a world of good.

We can win this...we can.

Just wondering if I should head back for this as I do have a ticket available and miles accured on Emirates for a free trip home...hmm

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Not to sound too optimistic or devoid of any reality, but we are 6 points behind Everton who is in 4th place, so a win over them is definitely crucial because even if all the other 3 teams which are just one point behind Everton now win this weekend, this would mean, we cut the gap between us and the 4th place to 5 points. Step by step, we are getting nearer, and doing that by playing well too, and lets hope our finishing deficiency will not pull us too far away from the 4th place we covet for at least this season. If we are just 4-6 points behind 4th place come January or better still, level on points, then I am sure the owners will allow us to spend some money to bring us back on the final stretch. So this other than pride, is a important match to kick off and boost our morale.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Not to sound too optimistic or devoid of any reality, but we are 6 points behind Everton who is in 4th place, so a win over them is definitely crucial because even if all the other 3 teams which are just one point behind Everton now win this weekend, this would mean, we cut the gap between us and the 4th place to 5 points. Step by step, we are getting nearer, and doing that by playing well too, and lets hope our finishing deficiency will not pull us too far away from the 4th place we covet for at least this season. If we are just 4-6 points behind 4th place come January or better still, level on points, then I am sure the owners will allow us to spend some money to bring us back on the final stretch. So this other than pride, is a important match to kick off and boost our morale.
Great post. Think its also worth noting that 6 points from 4th is nothing during a season especially when there are 30 games left! Werent Spurs more than 10 points clear of 4th at one point around Jan/Feb and finished few points behind Arsenal?

kwala

TIA Regular
This game is going to have a huge impact on our season. Lose and we will be on 9 points still, while Everton will be on 18. 9 points already looks like an unbridgeable gap. Win we will be on 12 and Everton on 15 so only 3 points ahead. This is a true 6 pointer, so early in the season. It could be the fixture to get our season up and running though.

Delighted that Fellani and Pienaar are missing though. I think this is the first time ever I have thought we are not favourites, and the better side, going into this fixture, and I remember their great side of the mid 80's (just).

We have got to stick Yessil or Morgan on he bench for this game, and going forwards. We need options from the bench.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
1 game at a time....
Very true although despite our obvious flaws I find myself a damn sight more optimistic going into this game than I was couple weeks back. Think progress is evident and if we lose noone else during the Anzhi game a positive result is likely. The britishness of blood and thunder derbys makes me think that Morgan could be man of the hour....or at least an impact sub on the hour

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Very true although despite our obvious flaws I find myself a damn sight more optimistic going into this game than I was couple weeks back. Think progress is evident and if we lose noone else during the Anzhi game a positive result is likely. The britishness of blood and thunder derbys makes me think that Morgan could be man of the hour....or at least an impact sub on the hour
I can see what you mean but throwing a very young man like Morgan with very very little first team experience, in a Merseyside derby? I'd rather not. Injuries are common in games like this.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
I know what you mean but he's our only really predatory striker. Everton have a great defence with Jagielka fantastic against QPR. My only fear that at moment Suarez isn't at his most clinical and recent U21 games has shown Morgan to tuck away even half chances...NGoo build up n he put it away bang without fuss or frills. Just feel its those scrappy chances that will appear in a fiercely competitive game like this. Then again Suarez will prob score hattrick :-)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I know what you mean but he's our only really predatory striker. Everton have a great defence with Jagielka fantastic against QPR. My only fear that at moment Suarez isn't at his most clinical and recent U21 games has shown Morgan to tuck away even half chances...NGoo build up n he put it away bang without fuss or frills. Just feel its those scrappy chances that will appear in a fiercely competitive game like this. Then again Suarez will prob score hattrick :-)
Also I think there is a lot of benefit to playing young local lads in the derby. Kenny always made sure he had a few in there. I really like the idea of Morgan as a supersub for the game.

Mills10Mills

TIA Youth Team
The long lived dream of being a Liverpool fan since birth and one day playing for them and scoring the winning goal against Everton...should of least give Morgan the chance, he'll want it more than most after all

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I am hoping to see our first real 'death by football' game, with the Toffees getting frustrated, picking up a stupid red, and sent back across the park after a sound thrashing.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I meant generally I've never looked beyond a fixture unless perhaps if I know I'll be in attendance

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Looks like Reina is going to miss this match. Considering that Jones has winning experience against the Bitters is a positive.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Everton should be ashamed of the football they have played the last 10 years.
I would rather watch paint dry.Yet the media wax on about Moyes as if he is some kind of god manager.
Lumping the ball up to Fellani is all they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.