• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH: Everton v. Liverpool (PL: Sun, 28.10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Cave man Moyes hump the ball up to Fallanni and hope for the best is ruining football.
Stoke and Everton are the enemy's of the game.Surely it is bringing the game into to disrepute by slagging off Suarez before the game?
He did this mind game crap before the last game also and his team still lost ha ha hope we stuff them.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I would chose the same team as IrieLion but would play Shelvey further forward than Gerrard. Can see this being a draw 1-1 but hoping our extra class will count and we can enjoy our sunday with another 3 points.

That's more in hope than expectation with our lack of goals but let's hope we can have a repeat our Young Boys' and Norwich exploits and bang in 5 away goals :icon_thumbright:

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Genuine question to those saying Yesil isn't ready.
How many times have you seen Yesil play?

I haven't seen him play at all, but he has a very good reputation and has more experience at international youth level than Sterling, so I'm just curious to see how people have come to that conclusion.

Suarez' temperement could be seriously exploited by Everton on Sunday, so I'd rather have him on the bench ready to come on, than on the bench having just been sent off.

Personally, I'd drop Suarez and Gerrard to the bench and bring in Yesil and Henderson, but I'm fairly sure that wont happen.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Genuine question to those saying Yesil isn't ready.
How many times have you seen Yesil play?

I haven't seen him play at all, but he has a very good reputation and has more experience at international youth level than Sterling, so I'm just curious to see how people have come to that conclusion.

Suarez' temperement could be seriously exploited by Everton on Sunday, so I'd rather have him on the bench ready to come on, than on the bench having just been sent off.

Personally, I'd drop Suarez and Gerrard to the bench and bring in Yesil and Henderson, but I'm fairly sure that wont happen.
Tend to agree with you Dane. Suarez and Gerrard are well off the pace at the moment, both appear tired and both concede the ball on a regular basis and try to do too much too regularly but i don't think even Brendan's balls are quite big enough to leave out the pair of them. No doubt both will have blinders tomorrow and make what i've just said sound utterly ridiculous.

Good points about Yesil to, i think he should've played thursday and wanna see him get more minutes.

Rooster

What a hit son
Moyes playing the ref angle pre match was SAF clever. Great response BR. Fuck em.

canucky008

TIA Reserve Team
I think by who he rested against Anzhil that we will see Shelvey in midfield and Allen

------------------------Jones------------------------
Glen---------Skrtel--------------Agger--------Enrique
--------------Shelvey-----------Allen-----------------
Suso---------------- Gerrard----------------Sterling
------------------------Suarez--------------------------

I'm picking Enrique over the Wisdom Glenda combo only because of his experience in this Derby

steve10

TIA New Signing
Rodgers in his interview yesterday put pressure on the ref " Referee Andre Marriner needs to ensure 'everything is in control' says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers".

Managers should be banned from talking either about the refs or oppossition players before a game.

darren kelly

Brendan should stop shaking hands with managers like the Stoke and Everton managers who talk crap about our players.And then complain to the union that pre match comments are turning opposition fans against Luis and making his working conditions harder.Going around calling him a cheat yet saying nothing about Huth stamping on the chest of a player is hypocritical.You can kill a man by standing on his chest with football boots on.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQ0M4s9Pks
Thanks Zoky really enjoyed that press conference cant fault Rodgers at all in the way he talks, the respect he shows to players and other clubs and the way he turns all the journalists into almost a class of disciples listening to the master speak. He doesnt really deserve it but he gets treated with ten times more respect than Kenny ever did by the press. Cant imagine itll be long before the press are fully eating out of his hand and following his lead on all matters. Interesting to actually have the British media seem to like and respect the Liverpool manager. They did like Roy but not sure there was ever a true level of respect.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Interesting to see if Brad can push Reina out - he's certainly looked strong the last couple of matches. Would take balls of steel to pick Brad over Pepe for the derby if both are fit.

Tough game, I'll be happy with a draw. Everton have been massive at home...really hope Suarez has his game face on and doesn't start chucking his teddies out of the cot at every tackle.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Thanks Zoky really enjoyed that press conference cant fault Rodgers at all in the way he talks, the respect he shows to players and other clubs and the way he turns all the journalists into almost a class of disciples listening to the master speak. He doesnt really deserve it but he gets treated with ten times more respect than Kenny ever did by the press. Cant imagine itll be long before the press are fully eating out of his hand and following his lead on all matters. Interesting to actually have the British media seem to like and respect the Liverpool manager. They did like Roy but not sure there was ever a true level of respect.
I especially liked the bit where he said we should take an holiday if Luis gets a penalty, was said jokingly but gives the clear message that we aren't getting the penalties we deserve.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I especially liked the bit where he said we should take an holiday if Luis gets a penalty, was said jokingly but gives the clear message that we aren't getting the penalties we deserve.
Yeah think that was well played. You've got Moyes putting the pressure on the ref to not get conned by a Suarez dive and Rodgers just encouraging the ref to have a good game and encouraging him to not be afraid to make big calls. May not work but if I was the ref I would be thinking "Screw you Moyes nobody is conning me Im a good judge of things im going to be strong and call thinks as I see them just like Rodgers asked!"

Probably wont work as Suarez already has a reputation before either manager opened their mouths so Rodgers is fighting uphill to get people to listen to reason. And in all fairness Suarez doesnt exactly help him out!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Agreed, Suarez last few games has made his rep even worse and i have to admit, deservedly so. It's a shame as he had spent a few weeks trying to stay on his feet but seems to have given up where the refs weren't giving him anything. BR is just doing what he can to make sure refs remember that as well as diving he did have a few honest claims that he didn't get. Doubt very much it will make a difference but can't blame him for trying. Just hope one of Moyes boys gets carded for diving then BR can throw his comments back in his face post match but knowing our luck the ref will give the pen.

Anthony

I really don't like to admit this but Suarez's theatrics are more the issue. Its the faces he makes, its the throwning of the arms, its the exaggerated rolling around when he gets tacked and its the fact that everytime he doesn't go past a defender he goes down, that creates the thought that he's always diving. The problem is when you always go down refs are forced to stop looking as they fear they'll give a penalty incorrectly to him. If Suarez and the club want to fix the issue, Suarez's theatrics must stop and he needs to stop maoning about every call - good or bad

I truly hope he matures enough to see this and change his ways. When he does this he will get the majority fouls

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Debry matches's results, like our city's game, can never have predictable outcomes and usually, do not depend on form.

Last season they ended up ahead of us but we beat them 3 times.

I thought about what Dane said (to avoid playing Stevie and Luis) and would definitely play them both. In such a match, we need controversy, experience, guts and nerves. Heck, I'd even play Jamie if there were a way to still keep our CB duet in place.

Because of the nature of this clash, I have prepared myself to not be overly upset if we lose. Moreover, I will not count this match as being part of the "evidence whether we are successfully rebuilding".

darren kelly

Well if Brendan cant sit him down and say what you have said Anthony then he is not the man manager we think he is.
I would sell Luis if we got a 35 million bid for him even though I love his dribbling skills the media are after him and will not let him have a football life here.Even Carroll when he was playing for us got the stick and now he has gone to West Ham they leave him alone now.No other club gets the stick we do in the media.

Wathik_LFC

TIA Youth Team
I can't blame Suarez for acting up. We'd all be the same way if we have blatant penalty calls going against you. Of course he's going to start getting frustrated/tired and will start going down easy. He just has to score a couple goals and stay on his feet and show the ref how bad defenders want to take him down.

Suarez is an emotional player, that's how he psyches himself and puts in performances, he feeds off his emotions. He also hasn't had a proper rest and has been travelling a lot. Put an emotional guy who's also tired and it's a bad mix waiting to happen. You can't blame how he is though. He is that good because of his emotions and how he uses it to express himself.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I can't blame Suarez for acting up. We'd all be the same way if we have blatant penalty calls going against you. Of course he's going to start getting frustrated/tired and will start going down easy. He just has to score a couple goals and stay on his feet and show the ref how bad defenders want to take him down.

Suarez is an emotional player, that's how he psyches himself and puts in performances, he feeds off his emotions. He also hasn't had a proper rest and has been travelling a lot. Put an emotional guy who's also tired and it's a bad mix waiting to happen. You can't blame how he is though. He is that good because of his emotions and how he uses it to express himself.
Good post mate, last para in particular.

He does however,really need to try to get a grip on his emotions some of the time, some of the things that he has to wear, are a bridge too far, but wear it he must if the refs are to see through some of the shit.

Once that happens he'll be fine, I'd be perservering with him, he is a class act and I'd hate to lose him because others wind him up and the ref's see only Luis's reaction, I believe it can be sorted and must be,talk of selling him at this point is ott.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting

I agree to a point but...think of it like work, you've got some guy turning up every day whose great but moans like fuck all the time...kinda grates.

I love Suarez, we need to accept though - the only reason us (as a mid table team at the time) managed to sign such a talent is because no one else would touch him due to him biting people and such like. As a result, he needs a strong manager to tame him....I thought BR had a handle on him, particularly in the Norwich game where he just smiled when he didn't get a decision but it's creeping back in.

If he plays up in the derby, it could cost us the game.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I agree to a point but...think of it like work, you've got some guy turning up every day whose great but moans like fuck all the time...kinda grates.

I love Suarez, we need to accept though - the only reason us (as a mid table team at the time) managed to sign such a talent is because no one else would touch him due to him biting people and such like. As a result, he needs a strong manager to tame him....I thought BR had a handle on him, particularly in the Norwich game where he just smiled when he didn't get a decision but it's creeping back in.

If he plays up in the derby, it could cost us the game.
That's false. And if he dosen't play tomorrow, we probably lose.

Rooster

What a hit son
What did Brendan say? Haven't seen a response yet...
He basically said we havent exactly been getting the rub of the green with refs either. Evened the pre match ref psych. I just hope decisions are not the talking point as it is all to common these days.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Moyes, I used to respect. Now that he's jumped on the Suarez is a diver conveyer belt, well respect now vanishes! The referees are well aware of what the Magic Imp does, and they don't need another winging manager to ram the point home! Pathetic!

But, its all mind games by Moyes, all part of the beautiful game.

I really do hope that our Magic Imp has a great game and scores a couple of goals in the process, that would be, well, magic!

Luis is a passionate player, a tremendously gifted footballer who unfortunately does dive! He also winds referees up! I can see why he dives, but it doesn't make it right! I am thankful that Luis shows great passion for the club, and long may it continue! If people want to watch robots performing then they should watch synchronized swimming!

After consulting the Magic Mushroom Oracle I have been informed that the score will favor the team wearing red by 2-0!

Good interview by Brendan!

YNWA

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Been thinking this evening that the emotional psychology massively favours the Bitters. Moyes will want a more physical, higher tempo game, where the intensity will work in their favour. By contrast, Rodgers' systematic approach requires an enormous amount of discipline at the best of times, and the derby atmosphere will be working against that. This is going to be a major mental test for the team. I think if we can get to the 60-65 minute mark with a scoreless draw, we might just end up taking this one, but otherwise I think it will be very hard to get a result.

On the other hand, Everton had best enjoy this one. I think they will go another decade or so before they have as good a chance at a win.

Mazzie

TIA New Signing
Just realized this game won't be on either FSC or FSCplus for us Yankees :( Anyone know if it's gonna be on any channel available around here or do I need to catch a stream?

OhYaBeauty

First Row Sports is my go-to when I can't find a match on TV.

Edit: Side-note: its also great for American sports that are blacked out in your area. I watched UNC-NCSU today on it because it was blacked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.