• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH: Everton v. Liverpool (PL: Sun, 28.10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC7NH

Just realized this game won't be on either FSC or FSCplus for us Yankees :-( Anyone know if it's gonna be on any channel available around here or do I need to catch a stream?
It's on ESPN2.

KingLuis7

TIA Youth Team
This is something I thought I'd never say in a million years - But I hope Jones retains his spot over Reina.

Fuck reputation - pick on form. I think that's been almost Brendan's whole philosophy since he's been here and I hope it continues. If players like Wisdom deserve a start over the more fancied Enrique, I think Jones does. Granted, it's a different kettle of fish due to how much of a Key Player Reina has been over the years, just think he needs a kick in the ass.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
can't stress enough how important this game is.

winning this, will be a third consecutive win ( 2 in the PL ). can't even remember when we had a run like that. but more importantly, this is a chance to build a positive momentum, get some distance from the bottom, and start looking up. not to mention this would be the first win against a team ranked above us under BR.
jones has performed nicely in the last couple of games, with 2 clean sheets. but that was mostly for lack of opposition, wasn't really tested in these games. i would stick with pepe for this one.

Riena
wisdom skrtel agger johnson
allen
gerrard shelvy
suso sterling
suarez

i thought johnson and assaidi combined really well last time, seemes they have a good understanding but opted to go with sterling. shelvy deserves to start IMO before sahin. i think he is more suited to a physical game than sahim, and i expect tackles will be flying today.

0-2 LFC

kwala

TIA Regular
It will be one of those days on the forum. Win and we will be title contenders, lose and we will be getting relegated and everyone needs sacked/sold.

I just hope and prey that Morgan or Yessil make the bench. We need to start seeing if they can make an impact at this level. Derby or not we need attacking options available when we fail to put the ball in the net fron 6 inches. Morgan looks like a natural finisher, we are making the chances, just not putting them in the net, He has the ability to do that, so deserves a shot. Yessil Looks to be a promising talent. So, as we have no other options available lets see what one or both of them can do.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
----------------Reina----------------
Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson
-------------Allen Sahin-----------
----------------Suso-----------------
---Gerrard--Suarez--Sterling---

I'd play this all day long. Gerrard on the right wing where he can play as an attacker, but also if we get pegged back he is already in position to help Wisdom with Baines. Likewise playing Sterling on the left gives him the security of Johnson behind him.

In Allen, Sahin and Suso you have three players who can keep the ball all afternoon if necessary. Rodgers would probably be tempted to play Shelvey in midfield, but for me he's a red card waiting to happen in a match like this.

SUBS: Jones, Robinson, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Yesil, Assaidi.

In summary this is the game more than any other I want to see Death by Football kick into gear.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
----------------Reina----------------
Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson
-------------Allen Sahin-----------
----------------Suso-----------------
---Gerrard--Suarez--Sterling---

I'd play this all day long. Gerrard on the right wing where he can play as an attacker, but also if we get pegged back he is already in position to help Wisdom with Baines. Likewise playing Sterling on the left gives him the security of Johnson behind him.

In Allen, Sahin and Suso you have three players who can keep the ball all afternoon if necessary. Rodgers would probably be tempted to play Shelvey in midfield, but for me he's a red card waiting to happen in a match like this.

SUBS: Jones, Robinson, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Yesil, Assaidi.

In summary this is the game more than any other I want to see Death by Football kick into gear.
If only because the longer Everton dont have the ball at home in a derby they are expected to win the more pressure their fans will put on them and more likely theyll get somebody sent off.

Id have Gerrard an Suso swapping back an forth so Baines would be overloaded when we attack and keeping him distracted with defending.

Looks like Fellaini will start so only change Id make is Sahin for Henderson for bit more defensive strength.

Anybody else think Hibbert will be tired after sleepless nights having nightmares of Sterling?

KingLuis7

TIA Youth Team
Want Shelvey to start due to pure enthusiasm over Sahin.

Don't think he will be dumb enough to get sent off again but think we need some more bite in the midfield with Allen and Gerrard there.

Here's hoping we pass them off the pitch. Need goals, one won't be enough if Fellaini is playing with the form he is was in. The game is begging for a striker on the bench. Would also love to see Assaidi get extended minutes, hopefully off the bench running at a tired Hibbert.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
There is absolutely no way on this Earth I wouldnt be bringing Adam Morgan on for final half hour.

Any other match I probably wouldnt consider it but a passionate local lad with a clinical touch hanging round the box he would be almost guaranteed to get a few chances in a game that should be open and for any other faults he has he will bury chances if they come to him.

Superior Complex

Want Shelvey to start due to pure enthusiasm over Sahin.

Don't think he will be dumb enough to get sent off again but think we need some more bite in the midfield with Allen and Gerrard there.

Here's hoping we pass them off the pitch. Need goals, one won't be enough if Fellaini is playing with the form he is was in. The game is begging for a striker on the bench. Would also love to see Assaidi get extended minutes, hopefully off the bench running at a tired Hibbert.
Sahin is more experienced and a better footballer at this stage than Shelvey.

With Sahin's poaching skills he could prove vital for especially the first 60/70 minutes of the game, I would have no issue of Henderson or Shelvey replacing him afterwards.

I actually have no issue on any of the starting line up, apart from our strikers replacements but if we are ok until January then job well done Rodgers in my eyes.

Our midfield depth is amazing apart from Lucas cover. Lets just hope we can continue our run of winning. A win is a win, if its scrappy today and we win ugly or lucky I will be extremely happy.

So lets see :-)

The team apparently:

Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez
Seems to be the the PL norm, no arguments about that team ! Looking forward to it.

LFC7NH

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Confirmed [/background]#LFC[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] team v Everton: Jones, Enrique, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.[/background]

batt_red

TIA Reserve Team
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Liverpool FC ‏@LFC[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Confirmed #LFC team v Everton: Jones, Enrique, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.[/background]

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Confirmed #LFC subs: Reina, Carragher, Shelvey, Coates, Downing, Henderson, Assaidi.[/background]

kwala

TIA Regular
Is Reina on the Bench?

Apparently so. Great move by Rodgers. He needed a kick up the arse. Time to step up Pepe, we need the Keeper you were 3 years ago to show up and claim your place back!!

Libero

Lets hope Jose has a good game.
First thought in my mind. Thought he may have given downing a start as reward for his performance during the week, but away from home its the right choice.

lfc.8

Reina must not be quite 100% fit, otherwise poor form selecting Jones. Jones is every bit average.

yiannos33

Believe
That's too bad Johnson's out as he gives us that extra attack from the back.
Hope Enrique has a good game.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Have the clocks gone back or something? I was just getting ready to watch the game!

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Glen Johnson shouldn't have started in midweek, hopefully its a lesson learned for Brendon. Is Enrique up for it? We have depended on Johnson providing the width from LB and now its all on Jose. Let's hope he has rediscovered his form and plays well, in fact everyone will need to step up and be strong. Fight for every ball, keep calm and make your passes!

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
This is the first derby I can remember where I will be happy for a draw. It's cold and wet here in Liverpool and reckon Everton will out muscle us.

RMP

TIA First Team
Shouldn't have started in midweek, hopefully its a lesson learned for Brendon. Is Enrique up for it? We have depended on Johnson providing the width from LB and now its all on Jose. Let's hope he has rediscovered his form and plays well, in fact everyone will need to step up and be strong. Fight for every ball, keep calm and make your passes!
Agreed

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Very excited and nervous, can already feel it's going to be a drama filled game.

Will be AMAZED if there's no penalty in this one.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Only a bit surprised Heitinga is not starting for Everton to be honest, but then I can also see the reasons why Moyes is sticking with Distin's physicality.

So it looks like either Fellaini in midfield with Neville, Osman on the right and Naismith behind Jelavic, or more likely Fellaini behind Jelavic, Osman in midfield with Neville and Naismith on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.