• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE-MATCH: Everton v. Liverpool (PL: Sun, 28.10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
I like Wisdom. But he is being played like a bad guitar today.

Our midfield is being monstered to be honest. Our small players just can't cut it. Suso and Sahin off. Hendo and Shelvey on? I would do it but we will see.

And Sterling is letting the red mist get to him. Could be time for an early shower I feel. Well, before Marriner makes the decision for us.

2-2 a fair reflection of the match. When we were up we scored. But the last twenty minutes was all blue.

Except for that card that little shit was brandishing in the crowd.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Jordan in to boost MF (torn about who off -Raheem or Suso?)

Boy do we miss Lucas
Any news on when Lucas is back?
Seems to me henderson and shelvey on? gerrard and sahin off? raheem off - assidi on?

Gears

TIA Regular
Gary Neville cracks me up to. It's a dream, a dream of a freekick. Other fella: A DREAM OF A CAPTAIN!

redalways

TIA Regular
There's no attempt at all to control the game, midfield being bypassed and no one making an attempt to control the ball. No wonder we're drawing 2-2 at the moment.

Sterling being given a lesson by Baines who's pushing him and fouling him hard every single chance he gets but falls over like a feather the moment Sterling even goes near him. We should have a more combative player out there, maybe Pacheco but I don't think he's even on the bench.

Loved Suarez's celebration. Would have thought he'd be tired but the man is a machine.

Whoever was celebrating Reina being put on the bench, up yours.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Everton have been really excellent during this first half. They look stronger, faster, and fresher than us. It's no wonder, they have had the full week to prepare for this fixture.

Fellaini is the big dominator of this game. He has looked simply unplayable, and as long as we can't keep him in check, they will dominate us and create chance after chance. I don't know if there is a recipe for this problem to be honest...

As for us, Suarez has his scoring boots on fortunately, and I wouldn't put past him to score one or two more today, but hell... we absolutely need to keep them out and dominate midfield. They have had 60% possession in the last ten minutes, and if we can't keep hold of the ball, this could end in a big disappointment. The key is to be able to pass it around and create chances out of midfield, while denying them possession, but their pressing game is terrific so far. We can only hope that their legs will tire, and that we will be able to get control over the game again.

Fingers crossed for that second half! We can still win it, but we need much more control than until now.

1dragon

TIA Regular
I hope to see Coates on just to shut down their main threat in Fellaini and Henderson to track Mirallas. If we can take them out, I think Suarez can do a job for us on the other end as everything he has touched today has become a good chance.

Gears

TIA Regular
Sahin is running in behind suarez without any real purpose. He's not the type to play deep either so I see Shelvey or Henderson subbing in for him.

Artrain

Missing Glenny boy. Whats happened to im? Been outta the know for sometime.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
This is what it means to adjust line up and approach depending on your opposition.

We picked so many players who have never played here before (derby games require more than finesse)

We picked too many young ones

We went for offense instead of securing a strong DM

Need to now backtrack and fix the chaos or we'll lose bad

Gears

TIA Regular
I like Wisdom. But he is being played like a bad guitar today.

Our midfield is being monstered to be honest. Our small players just can't cut it. Suso and Sahin off. Hendo and Shelvey on? I would do it but we will see.

And Sterling is letting the red mist get to him. Could be time for an early shower I feel. Well, before Marriner makes the decision for us.

2-2 a fair reflection of the match. When we were up we scored. But the last twenty minutes was all blue.

Except for that card that little shit was brandishing in the crowd.
Shelvey would do wonders with 30 minutes. he won't be riled up at all, and he'd be looking to score the winner as opposed to getting into crunching challenges.

yiannos33

Believe
Sterling needs to be replaced and ill be replacing him with Downing. Also Hendo for sahin

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Sterling playing well within himself since the yellow and switch of flanks.

HarryFloyd

TIA First Team
The problem I see is that we really do not have subs that can grab this game by the scruff of the neck.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
C'MON JONJO!!!!!!

God I really hope come full-time I can fully enjoy that wonderful Luis goal celebration after a victory!! Just seen it again at half-time and its amazing!

1dragon

TIA Regular
Good changes to adapt to the more direct approach.

Coates for Sahin, Shelvey for Suso.

Gears

TIA Regular
Shelvey's first touch is brilliant. He looks like he's playing deeper than usual.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Yup, it was almost too easy. Totally miskicked the ball. It happens, but we shouldn't be berating a young player like this.
Yeah...that makes complete sense. Said no one..ever.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
God streaming these days is shit, the one I was using went to foreign commentary at the second half and now its offline, all the Flash ones just stutter, I've just got it on Talksport now! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.