Pre-Match | Everton vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 30 | Monday March 16th 20:00h | Goodison Park

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
They can suspend the league and when it reopens and declare it over when the league is won, which is 2 games. But then sides fighting for Europe and relegation will shout unfair. Its going to be a legalistic and logistical nightmare for the ruling bodies.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
Instead of suspending the season why can't the remaining games be played behind closed doors? Not the ideal scenario I know, however, it has to be a better solution than postponing (for how long exactly???) the rest of the season.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Instead of suspending the season why can't the remaining games be played behind closed doors? Not the ideal scenario I know, however, it has to be a better solution than postponing (for how long exactly???) the rest of the season.
The problem is that now players and coaches are showing symptoms and confirmed as having it, it is far too disruptive to continue playing as some squads are already self isolating which means they can't play until those 14 days are up. As annoying and frustrating as it is, suspending the league for 2-3 weeks is the only way forward

Limiescouse

Closed doors was a solution for not spreading it among fans and then into the community. Once its affected staff and players you've got no one left to show up and play the games.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
Can someone reassure me that we are eventually going to finish the season and lift this trophy that's alluded us for so long?!

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Can someone reassure me that we are eventually going to finish the season and lift this trophy that's alluded us for so long?!
No, this is a conspiracy to stop us winning the league. Can’t you hear the laughter coming from the boardrooms of Citoil, Utd, Everton, Chelsea etc? They’ll all be loving this.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
We might have to put up with that annoying chant next season, that they so like to taunt us with.
”YOU NEARLY WON THE LEAGUE”

Incognito

The Normal One
How do the players' contract thing gets sorted if they have to play beyond the stipulated period? This is going to be very complicated.

redalways

TIA Regular
Nah- we’ll still get that.
Just looked it up. Mindblown that if not for Watford, we could have wrapped it up nearly a month earlier than the previous record. Right now as it stands, we can still set the record for earliest match day, but not the earliest calendar day unfortunately, not unless some other club does us a massive favour.