Pre-Match | Everton vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 30 | Sunday 21 June 7pm | Goodison Park

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
They should finish the season by getting all the coaches to play FIFA online.

jamie_liverpool

TIA New Signing
I had 12 days off that would have seen me through the next 2 games that could have seen us win the league. Just my luck that a global pandemic would throw a spanner in the works . In all seriousness though I think football and everything else needs to take a backseat for the time being, as unfortunate as that is. Stay safe all.

Magnus

Everton are only self isolating because they’re terrified about facing us! They’ve seized the opportunity.
No, this is a conspiracy to stop us winning the league. Can’t you hear the laughter coming from the boardrooms of Citoil, Utd, Everton, Chelsea etc? They’ll all be loving this.
Really ? Are you going there ? Without an iota of evidence, you instantly jump to some sort of criminal conspiracy?
I find such posts very disappointing. Makes absolutely no sense, it would mean that the entire team and the manager and the damned entire club is in on the criminal conspiracy. Please reconsider these thoughts. I would hate to see more of such posts on the forum.

Edit: Perhaps you wre joking and that it was in jest. I am sorry if so. Sometimes hard to spot written sarcasm.

MinniMo

The Spanish government are shutting Madrid down today, but they allowed 3000 people to travel to Liverpool two days ago!! Plus the Athletico squad have all had contact with our players. Complete fucking madness!
It's something I am really pretty angry about, even more so that knowing full well what was happening in Madrid that these fans were allowed to just 'walk' into the UK!

Re Becker being fit to play in the next match now, sure he might be, but will anyone else in the team still be fit then?

Personally, I reckon they should isolate all the at risk and elderly, and just carry on. Once you've had this surely it will give you some immunity?
Mother Nature doing her bit here to weed out the old and sick as she is our only predator!

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Really ? Are you going there ? Without an iota of evidence, you instantly jump to some sort of criminal conspiracy?
I find such posts very disappointing. Makes absolutely no sense, it would mean that the entire team and the manager and the damned entire club is in on the criminal conspiracy. Please reconsider these thoughts. I would hate to see more of such posts on the forum.
Wind your neck in friend. I presume you are not familiar with the phrase ‘tongue in cheek’? Obviously a serious sense of humour failure has occurred, wherever you are.
I suggest you read posts more carefully before taking them out of context and rebuking people.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Wind your neck in friend. I presume you are not familiar with the phrase ‘tongue in cheek’? Obviously a serious sense of humour failure has occurred, wherever you are.
I suggest you read posts more carefully before taking them out of context and rebuking people.
You could try and make it a bit more obvious when you’re being tongue in cheek? Especially at a time like this when everyone is a bit fraught.

Magnus

It really wasn't easy to understand that it was tongue in cheek. You have to consider that football fans often write very strange things and that I do not yet have the pleasure of knowing you in person.
Also, I commented on your two first posts, I did not cut anything out, so I don't understand why it was out of context. I never quote just a bit of others posts, dislike that kind of quoting myself. Later on you wrote more sensible things, and that was the reason why I edited my post when I later read them.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Just a thought from Gary Lineker that probably sums up how we all feel at the moment:

I think it just demonstrates how us sad sacks are completely reliant on sport to get through the day. Everyone else manages to fill up the time in their day without capping themselves so they must be doing something right to make themselves happy.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Off topic, but since there's no game... Gary Lineker is often so boring with his jokes. Grew up listening about that name (that quote about Germans, etc.) like if he was England's Eusebio or some national treasure of that level. Okay, I understand he was a baby faced quality striker in his time, pace and important goals for both club and country. But overall I feel he's one who grew with time, some myth about him. A bit overrated. Through his TV work, being generally likeable, basically BBC's front football name, being mentioned so much, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Noo Noo

Any ideas on the lineup for this one, lads? Play the groundskeeper on the left or through the middle?
The way things are going we may well have some completely new faces assuming that it occurs after this summers transfer window

Commando

Ad-free Member

Edit: Perhaps you wre joking and that it was in jest. I am sorry if so. Sometimes hard to spot written sarcasm.
You could try and make it a bit more obvious when you’re being tongue in cheek? Especially at a time like this when everyone is a bit fraught.
This is where emojis are a good idea. A little wink emoji at the end of a post alerts the reader to the intention of the post. I personally always end my texts and whatsapp messages with a smiley emoji just so the recipient knows that it's a friendly message. Luckily there's an emoji that looks just like me. :geek: I kid you not.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
This is where emojis are a good idea. A little wink emoji at the end of a post alerts the reader to the intention of the post. I personally always end my texts and whatsapp messages with a smiley emoji just so the recipient knows that it's a friendly message. Luckily there's an emoji that looks just like me. :geek: I kid you not.
I remember getting several rebukes for criticising Mamadou Sakho's family planning as demonstrating a lack of professionalism...

:LOL:

richieh10

Have they said about neutral venues yet or are the games taking places at the home teams stadium?

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
The bitters are spouting their bile already on social media and the restart has only just been announced. For two months they’ve been on their knees praying the season is declared null and void. Friends from other parts of the UK ask me why I dislike Everton so much. Well, have a look at Twitter, Facebook, etc and you’ll see exactly why. Horrible, nasty, jealous bastards.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Remember before the cessation of the season when it was being suggested that we could mathematically win it at Woodison? All the Ev fans saying that they'd boycott the match?

Well now they've got their wish. :ROFLMAO:

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Remember before the cessation of the season when it was being suggested that we could mathematically win it at Woodison? All the Ev fans saying that they'd boycott the match?

Well now they've got their wish. :ROFLMAO:
Looks like it might not even be played at Woodison.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin