• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match FC Porto v Liverpool (Agg 0-2) CL QF 17/04/19 KO 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
We're positioned very nicely here so same again but with the inclusion of Robertson this time,Salah,Mane.Bobby all looking on form for the run in with our midfield looking the fucking dogs bollocks also so we're in a good place right now,2-1 (Agg 4-1) to us,what a time to be a Red. :cheers:

LFC7NH

Think we could see a few small changes from the Chelsea match to keep the squad fresh and make sure we're ready for Cardiff at the weekend too. Maybe give Bobby and Matip a rest, and I assume Henderson will be out with the injury/knock he got yesterday.

Alisson
Trent Lovren VVD Robbo
Milner Fabinho Gini
Shaq Mo Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Keita, Firmino, Origi, Sturridge​

Alright Now

We're positioned very nicely here so same again but with the inclusion of Robertson this time,Salah,Mane.Bobby all looking on form for the run in with our midfield looking the fucking dogs bollocks also so we're in a good place right now,2-1 (Agg 4-1) to us,what a time to be a Red. :cheers:
And just like that, you have called us to order. And then there were 8.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
An early goal and then we can start to think about the next PL game. No injuries, and no being 1-0 down with 20 mins to go, please.

I'll leave the formation and line up to Klopp, he seems to have some idea what he's doing with this football malarky.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
I expect 2/3 changes again for this game with Lovren, Milner and Gini likely to come in.

Early goal would be ideal as there's no way they are scoring 4. I'd be amazed if we don't score but I just hope we are not 1-0 down early or with 20/30 minutes to go.
I expect the same. Lovren in for Matip, Milner in for Fabinho and Ginni in for Keita. I cant see Klopp resting VVD or any of the front 3. However, we may see some early subs for the front 3 should be score in the first half.

Think Porto will be bang up for it. They certainly arent out of it.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
I think we need a few changes for this one - Lovren might play again, a change or two in midfield and possibly one of Origi or Shaqiri to start in the front 3. Not too much, just enough to give a couple of lads a breather.

We could have done with another at Anfield, this will be a tough game. They were fairly handy in attack but quite loose in defence, a nice early goal to quiet the crowd and dampen their enthusiasm would be nice, take the sting out the game.

I think we're going through as I can't see us not scoring, I just don't want it to take too much out of us.

Alright Now

I think we need a few changes for this one - Lovren might play again, a change or two in midfield and possibly one of Origi or Shaqiri to start in the front 3. Not too much, just enough to give a couple of lads a breather.

We could have done with another at Anfield, this will be a tough game. They were fairly handy in attack but quite loose in defence, a nice early goal to quiet the crowd and dampen their enthusiasm would be nice, take the sting out the game.

I think we're going through as I can't see us not scoring, I just don't want it to take too much out of us.
Agree on Degsy. Agree on the midfield. Terrified of changing the front three until after we’ve slotted one home.

Looking forward to a Degsy interview. Seems the logical next step to a @Scott Jones preview.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Score first, and that's all we need. Get an early goal and we can just take a step back. They need the goal, they need to attack so they will bound to leave some gap behind. I'd be incline to start Origi in this match, just to screw their game plan up.

Redopium

Early goal would be great virtually ending the tie, if Hendo is not fit play Gini, I wonder will Klopp be tempted to play Milner at RB Trent is a bit inexperienced and lots of teams target him, Gomez played RB for the u23's so he's another option. Hopefully we get the job done and face Barcelona in the semi. :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:

[email protected]

Why? In the grand scheme of things why would you drop any of our front 3, in what you rightly describe as a massive game??
Potentially 8 games left, 4 in the PL and ptentialky 4 in the CL, these guys should be able to manage it.
Yeah. Agreed as well. Cardiff on Sunday is 4 days. Business end, lads look fit and firing. We beat to quarters for the remainder of the season.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Why? In the grand scheme of things why would you drop any of our front 3, in what you rightly describe as a massive game??
Potentially 8 games left, 4 in the PL and ptentialky 4 in the CL, these guys should be able to manage it.
I just feel Origi in this game would be more dangerous and can be the target man.
I am more worried about that thug pepe who has a peanut brain and might do something stupid.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think Porto is going to expect the front three we have, maybe putting in Origi night just messed up their game plan a little. Let’s also not forget they are going to have Pepe back, a defender that graduated from the same school as Ramos.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think Porto is going to expect the front three we have, maybe putting in Origi night just messed up their game plan a little. Let’s also not forget they are going to have Pepe back, a defender that graduated from the same school as Ramos.
Pepe is a thug, but you cannot be distracted from the task at hand by how the opposition line up. You have to place some trust in European officials and play your best team. Go a goal up and relax, make substitutions. But winning the game overall is paramount.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Pepe is a thug, but you cannot be distracted from the task at hand by how the opposition line up. You have to place some trust in European officials and play your best team. Go a goal up and relax, make substitutions. But winning the game overall is paramount.
To me the task at hand is to score an early goal and see out the match. That should be the game plan and having start with Origi not going to stop our game plan though.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
It’s a two legged format so however we get through would be happy for me, except in the case of injuries.
Put it this way, if we lose 1-0 and have no injuries OR we win 4-0 but lose salah or VVD to a broken leg, I know which outcome would make me happier.

donks

TIA First Team
This is definitely our biggest game of the season so far; it’s a must-win game with the potential to be a real banana skin. Still, if we can’t beat this lot then we don’t deserve to win the Champions League.
I hope you are being sarcastic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.