• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Fulham - Liverpool (Sunday, May 12th 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhYaBeauty

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
5,610
There's a lot of storylines for this one. Carra's second to last match. No Gerrard, No Agger.

---------------Reina---------------
Johnson Carra Skrtel Enrique
---------------Lucas---------------
-------Henderson Shelvey-----
Downing Sturridge Coutinho

It'd be nice to see some youngsters play in this one and I wouldn't rule it out. Coady, Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Morgan, Wisdom and maybe even Joao Carlos or McLaughlin.
 


Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
1,678
OhYaBeauty said:
There's a lot of storylines for this one. Carra's second to last match. No Gerrard, No Agger.

Reina
Johnson Carra Skrtel Enrique
Lucas
Henderson Shelvey
Downing Sturridge Coutinho
No Agger eh? I'll be spending the whole match staring at Skrtel with fear everytime Berbatov or Ruiz gets the ball then. It's a shame that that's true. Your line-up is pretty much what I'd pick. Would consider Borini up front with Sturridge on the right too but that might be better as a possible sub. I'm hoping Sturridge has been doing some work in training on not faffing about when he's one on one with the keeper. It's becoming a bit of a habit.
 

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
17,995
Hopefully Carragher plays on the left of the central area, as Coates played on the right when he has played with him although Martin I think played on the left when he was paired with Jamie.

I think the only other doubt is between Borini and Shelvey. I'd give Fabio the advantage if he's fit enough to give us at least 60 minutes, and then possibly use Shelvey.

The U21's also have their United game on Tuesday so I don't think there'll be anymore surprises on the bench. Maybe, just maybe a return for Kelly?

Anyway I'd to keep Coutinho in the central area to play into spaces as it's a tight pitch and perfect for him, that's also why I prefer to keep Jonjo on the bench in this one. Not convinced at all by the Fulham defence this year which has been their key area all these years. Borini and Coutinho to do the same swapping job as Henderson has done. They're good when they pick up the ball between the lines so with Jordan and Lucas we should be fine and allow the front men to do their job.

So I'd go with:
Reina​
Johnson Skrtel Carragher Enrique​
Lucas Henderson​
Downing Coutinho Borini​
Sturridge​
Subs: Jones, Coates, Wisdom (or Kelly if fit), Coady, Shelvey, Suso, Assaidi (or hopefully another young player).​
 

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
5,793
Fulham are frankly pants and if Berbatov doesn't fancy it (very frequent that) they're even worse. If we don't beat them, even with a weakened side out, we'll know just how bad we are.
 



DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
10,059
I want us to spank them hard..I want us to rip them apart from start to finish. I want 10 goals against them.
 

TheSweetSilverSong

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2013
Messages
918
I'd like to see this:


Reina

Johnson Carra Coates Enrique

Lucas Henderson

Downing Coutinho Sterling

Sturridge



or this,


Reina
Johnson Carra Coates Enrique
Lucas Henderson

Borini Suso Coutinho

Sturridge
 

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
1,064
I would like to see
Reina

Sktrel coates carra.
Johnson. Jose Enrique
Henderson Lucas
Shelvey
Daniel s and borini

Give coady a run and Suso.
 

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
5,173
Ok we are going to win this and our last match against QPR. Everton in their unrest following David Moyes impending departure, draws against West Ham and loses to Chelsea on the final day. Viola, we are above them on Goal Difference and that would be the ultimate double blow to them. Ok I am dreaming....but thats how dreams come true right? You have to dream first.
 



MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
6,065
therealkeano1 said:
I would like to see
Reina

Sktrel coates carra.
Johnson. Jose Enrique
Henderson Lucas
Shelvey
Daniel s and borini

Give coady a run and Suso.
Why is Coutinho missing? Don't rate him? :)
 

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
5,725
It's all BR plan you see. We could have smacked Everton 5-0 last week, but that would have hurt Moyes chance to replace Fergie. So the whole strike teams were ordered to not scoring....


The scoring ban is lifted, now i expect us win Fulham 9-0, with Coutinho scoring one from half way line. Any less will not be accepted!!
 

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
1,616
Can't see Coates starting - don't think he figures in BR's plans.

I'd like to see Suso and Coutinho playing together - hell why not Sterling too lol
 

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
2,472
Reina
Wisdom Carra Skrtel Enrique

Henderson Lucas

Sterling Downing
Coutinho

Sturridge


Maybe even bring on Coady for the last 10 mins and Jamie gets a clap going off and the new guy from the ranks replaces the old guard.
 



therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
1,064
MarlboroMan said:
Why is Coutinho missing? Don't rate him? :)
No I think he is class but I don't want everyone looking at him and coming up a way to stop him next season. Also if that sidwell plays you never know what he might do.
 

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
6,065
therealkeano1 said:
No I think he is class but I don't want everyone looking at him and coming up a way to stop him next season. Also if that sidwell plays you never know what he might do.
Sidwell might be suspended I'm not sure, either way Coutinho must start. He needs to know what playing away to Fulham is like so next season when the points are really going to matter he won't be fazed.
 

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
15,792
Coutinho will run the show if he turns up, Fulham just haven't got the players to stop him. 3-0
 

Bipolar Bear

New Member
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
69
ILLOK said:
Coutinho will run the show if he turns up, Fulham just haven't got the players to stop him. 3-0
I'm afraid that fans already expect so much from Coutinho. He's still young and learning and because of this he will and is allowed to be inconsistent.
 

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
5,793
Bipolar Bear said:
I'm afraid that fans already expect so much from Coutinho. He's still young and learning and because of this he will and is allowed to be inconsistent.
Because there's no one else to put expectation on when Suarez and Gerrard are out?

I hope Sturridge is up for this one because he's mustard on his day and the little magician can't do it all on his own.
 



Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
2,257
expecting Borini to see enough action in this one.

there's never been a draw in this fixture since the PL has been established: may explain why I've always looked forward to it, added to the fact that the Cottage is a proper football ground.
 

t34m43

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2012
Messages
1,685
I would like to see some of our fringe players get the chance to shine in this game, here is the team I would pick:

Reina
Wisdom, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique
Allen Lucas
Borini, Henderson, Coutinho
Sturridge

The reasons for my choices are:

Reina: He is our number 1 a bit of experience.

Wisdom; good match experience in a no pressure environment; Carra; final few games; Skrtel, I actually would prefer Kelly; I cannot see him staying here; Enrique, A bit more experience.

Allen; yes we still own him, needs games to see if he can earn a place here; Lucas, could do with match fitness, nearly 2 years out have taken there toll.

Borini, same argument as Lucas and Allen combined; Henderson, it is the position he wants to play, he has to show forward thinking no pressure show what you can do; Coutinho, needs games, long period out and adds to our team.

Sturridge, same has Coutinho.

Would also like to see Sterling feature at some point, needs games to progress, these final few fit the bill perfectly.

Players who could have been included but have not are, JonJo and Coates, who I think both will be gone next season.
 

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
21,101
----------------Reina-----------------
Johnson Carra Coates Enrique
-------Henderson Lucas---------
-Downing--Coutinho--Borini--
--------------Sturridge--------------
 

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
1,064
t34m43 said:
I would like to see some of our fringe players get the chance to shine in this game, here is the team I would pick:

Reina
Wisdom, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique
Allen Lucas
Borini, Henderson, Coutinho
Sturridge

The reasons for my choices are:

Reina: He is our number 1 a bit of experience.

Wisdom; good match experience in a no pressure environment; Carra; final few games; Skrtel, I actually would prefer Kelly; I cannot see him staying here; Enrique, A bit more experience.

Allen; yes we still own him, needs games to see if he can earn a place here; Lucas, could do with match fitness, nearly 2 years out have taken there toll.

Borini, same argument as Lucas and Allen combined; Henderson, it is the position he wants to play, he has to show forward thinking no pressure show what you can do; Coutinho, needs games, long period out and adds to our team.

Sturridge, same has Coutinho.

Would also like to see Sterling feature at some point, needs games to progress, these final few fit the bill perfectly.

Players who could have been included but have not are, JonJo and Coates, who I think both will be gone next season.
Allen is injured for the season. It should be a good enough game.
 



Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
2,579
Wasn't Carra's last goal for us against them in a 4-0 at anfield ?? Maybe wrong though, he def did score in that game though, love him to get 1 before he goes although one at home in his final performance would be even better
 

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
10,059
Gerrard and Suarez out for this...chances of winning? Down 30%.
 

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
14,817
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
Gerrard and Suarez out for this...chances of winning? Down 30%.
Not picking on you mate, just posting at the same time. I'll go 3-0 to us with a brilliant performances. At times, when our "go to men" arn't on the
pitch, the rest of the team pull their fingers out.
 

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
2,317
Fulham have been winding down for the seasons end for the last few week so hopefully we are in a good mental state to capitalise on that.

I would like to see a few changes myself but trying to keep a good apparoach to winning 3 points at the same time.

I'd go

Reina​
Johnson Carragher Sktrel Enrique​
Lucas Henderson​
Assaidi Shelvey Coutinho​
Sturridge​
Borini, Sterling, Downing, Coates, Suso and Jones as subs​
Just a good to chance to see Assaidi in action, and Shelvey's oerformance against Uniteds U 21s deserves a call up.
 



Status
Not open for further replies.