• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Genk v Liverpool (23/10/19 8pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool face Genk in Belgium on Wednesday 23 October, with both teams looking to the game with points to prove. For Genk, last season’s great domestic form has deserted them as they sit seventh in their league, and can take their minds off this with the visit of the European Champions.

Liverpool will be looking to shake off the disappointing draw against a relegation threatened side at the weekend, but also look to correct a quietly difficult run of away form in Europe - the reds have lost five of their seven away games this season and last, and will be thinking of how the Red Star away game last season was supposed to be a walk in the park as well.

That said, in my opinion, Klopp has to rotate. This isn’t to disrespect the opposition, but in recognition that a few of our lads have been asked to go to the well once too often.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Milner
Hendo Keita
Mane Firmino OxChamb
Origi
Nights off for Gini, Fabinho (Who looks fucked at the minute, poor lad), Robbo, Matip (personally I think he should be dropped for kicking the ball out on Sunday), Salah (save him for Spurs)

A change in shape too - the 433 doesn’t seem to work that well when we have to rest one of the three.

Last edited:

Redofheaven

I agree rotation is desperately needed, however I would put Mane up top and give Shaq a run out (if fit) he doesn't even seem to be in Klopps thoughts at present. I would also like to see some youngsters on the bench, and if we go a few goals clear then give one or two a run out.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I agree rotation is desperately needed, however I would put Mane up top and give Shaq a run out (if fit) he doesn't even seem to be in Klopps thoughts at present. I would also like to see some youngsters on the bench, and if we go a few goals clear then give one or two a run out.
If you go 4231, Shaqiri is great on the right. That’s how Klopp used him last season. I just don’t think he trusts him to do the diligent job needed as a midfield three in a 433.

Having said that, I think he’s injured.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Salah back in training it seems. I also see Neco Williams training with the first team, that 10 minute live coverage of our last training session before travelling.

A few missing though, like Matip. We'll see if that means anything.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
No Trent, we still have to hear what's up with Matip. So I guess Gomez at RB, Lovren at RCB and possibly Hoever on the bench. Millie would also be an option for RB in this type of game, but I don't think we'll do it here.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
No Trent, we still have to hear what's up with Matip. So I guess Gomez at RB, Lovren at RCB and possibly Hoever on the bench. Millie would also be an option for RB in this type of game, but I don't think we'll do it here.
I think Nico Williams could be on the bench for back up RB,he was called up to train with the first team today, as Hoever has travelled with Holland to the U17 World Cup in Brazil.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Anyone watched Larouci of late? Or more likely to have Millie at LB to give Robbo a rest...

Incognito

The Normal One
If Trent and Matip both are out, think we'll not risk Milly at LB and go with Gomez - Lovren - VVD - Robbo.

Lallana deserves a start and with Hendo/ Fab both needing rest should play ahead of that back 4. Milly should be the other midfielder with Keita, since Gini should be rested as well.

Mane, Bobby, Ox as the front 3. That's what I would want, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if it's Hendo-Gini-Fab starting. :rolleyes:

Redopium

Alisson. Gomez. Lovren, Virgil, Milner, Keita Fabinho, Chamberlain, Mane, Firmino and Origi.

iftikhar

The squad is knackered but we need a composed if not commanding win.

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Andy
Fabinho Henderson
Milner AOC Mane
Origi
If things go well then we can bring in Keita and Milner can replace one of the wingbacks and Lallana can replace Mane. But I guess Gomez will start in place of TAA/Matip.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I think Nico Williams could be on the bench for back up RB,he was called up to train with the first team today, as Hoever has travelled with Holland to the U17 World Cup in Brazil.
Yeah, good point, forgot about Hoever.

Liverpool squad: Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Kelleher.

Commando

Ad-free Member
A few players missing apparently. So I'll leave it to Jurgen and his staff to deliver the goods regarding team selection, formation and tactics for this game.

COYR YNWA

RodM

Having put last weekend's predictable bollocks behind us I'm rather looking forward to this one. I did think about trying to get tickets for this one but I've too much on at the moment and I couldn't face a 3 hour drive.

I thought Klopp might rotate for this one but it looks like that will be enforced. I'd still like to see one of the younger lads getting a start. Elliott maybe?

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
lets get that weekend match out of our systems with an accomplished performance, and bag a few goals too - oh, and a clean sheet!

Pipe rotation comes into force!

I have a soft spot for Belgium as my mother came from Antwerp!
I was hoping we'd come up against Simon Mignolet's Brugge.

In Klopp we trust!!!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Wholesale changes needed after that disaster on Sunday.

Ok maybe not wholesale. But like to see Lallana and Keita start. And Lovren and Gomez. Milly too.

But more importantly just get 3 points, get home.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
'Virus' sounds a bit ominous. They tend to spread. We had to rotate for this game in any case. We need Keita and Ox to start getting game time now. Of all the fringe players Keita is the one who I think could take this team to an even higher level if he can maintain his fitness and find form.

They drew with Napoli so no pushovers but we really should be winning this. Hopefully a clean sheet too. Not been enough of them so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.