Pre Match: Huddersfield v Liverpool. (EPL 20/10/2018 5.30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redopium

Huddersfield v Liverpool live on but sports Saturday at 17.30.
Next up away to Huddersfield who are without a win so far and lie 18th in the table.
We have a few injury worries, VVD, Mane, Milner, Salah and Keita all injured.

SBYM

I'm just living the dream
Shit thing to say...

But we're kinda fucking lucky it's the Terriers this week...

FilthyBloke

Well...
It’s a big game. We need to beat teams like this to stand a chance of competing at the top.

Injuries considered I’d start with
Allison
TAA
Robertson
Lovren
Gomez

Henderson
Wijnandum
Fabinho (I wouldn’t risk Milner)

Shaqiri
Mane
Firmino

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
So, with loads of lads out how will the team look? It's anyone's guess right now, but if we select a side without the injury doubts then it's still a strong side more than capable of the 3 points. Would be nice to see Tavares get his debut wouldn't it?

...........................Becker...................
Arnold.......Gomez.......Lovren....... Robertson
.........................Fabinho..........................
.......... Wijnaldum.............Keita...............
Shaqiri.....................................Firmino.....
........................ Sturridge............................

Redopium

So, with loads of lads out how will the team look? It's anyone's guess right now, but if we select a side without the injury doubts then it's still a strong side more than capable of the 3 points. Would be nice to see Tavares get his debut wouldn't it?

...........................Becker...................
Arnold.......Gomez.......Lovren....... Robertson
.........................Fabinho..........................
.......... Wijnaldum.............Keita...............
Shaqiri.....................................Firmino.....
........................ Sturridge............................
Hendo for the injured Keita I would think.

LS12Red

f**k this international Bo***cks ........Virgil & Keita should have been withdrawn anyway neither was fully fit, Just our luck with Sadio and Mo getting freak injuries ...all to line the coffers of Associations, who even cares about international football??

jaffod

So many midfielders missing, Fabinho is going to get his start if not this weekend, it will be next.
If he doesn't start this weekend he never will. Have him sitting with Gini and Henderson pushing on, Sturridge, Bobby and Shaqiri up top if Salah and Mane don't make it. Plenty of options at the back.
We really, really have to win this otherwise a lot of the hard work done in the first 8 matches will be undone. I've just got a horrible feeling we're going to struggle to score, 0-0 or a scrappy 1-0 to the reds.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Moreno
Fabinho
Gini Sturridge
Shaqiri Firmino Mane​

OCred

Fianlly, althought its only Tuesday, I like others have no love for international break. Especially for us, we have been so unlucky in the past. But I think Klopp knows how to influence things more so than our prior managers. But legitimate concerns where some of our guys are playing or training on not so great pitches, which is my biggest worry.

But i think we are relatively unscathed this time, and the little knocks being just that. Looking at the run in into the new year, yikes, lots of games with only 2 days rest. So now is the time to have our trio of midfielders in full rotation.

Depending on how Lallana looks, a big concern as to his form but one can only dream that he comes back as his old self. We all want the old Lallana back, but it does seem somewhat unlikely, but truth be told, if he is himself again, we could be set with respect to the 10 spot.

I wonder if Klopp will use Shaq as a 10. Especially against a lot of these lower half table teams who will likely park the bus and dont pose much of an attacking threat.

Cant wait, and hope to see lots of lots of goals to make up for recent drought.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I wouldn't risk anyone who is an injury risk vs Huddersfield (that means VVD, Salah, and Mane shouldn't be risked). We just need to play a slightly more attacking line-up.

Alisson
TAA Matip Gomez Robertson
Fabinho Henderson
Solanke
Shaqiri Sturridge Firmino​

It's time to use the squad. And Solanke plays as a No 10 for England U23... does he not?

Mascot88

Admin
Should be no issue playing Mane. It’s only a broken thumb.

Dutch

We have a few injury worries, VVD, Mane, Milner, Salah and Keita all injured.
Do we have any players left? I will not say what I think about international football season because they will ban me but I am not a happy man about it.

0-1 good guys.

OCred

I wouldn't risk anyone who is an injury risk vs Huddersfield (that means VVD, Salah, and Mane shouldn't be risked). We just need to play a slightly more attacking line-up.

Alisson
TAA Matip Gomez Robertson
Fabinho Henderson
Solanke
Shaqiri Sturridge Firmino​

It's time to use the squad. And Solanke plays as a No 10 for England U23... does he not?
makes sense. because high stakes with CL game, and we need to hammer them so that they just lay down and open their goals for us when we visit. We have to get 6 points from them to have a good chance of advancing. that is a must. i like your idea, with the exception of Solanke, hasnt played yet, and his hold up play sux. and we know that Bobby doesnt do that great playing wide, so i would go with Sadio because we have to have one pacy guy to give them fits, and put Bobby as the 10.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Should be no issue playing Mane. It’s only a broken thumb.
Of all the injuries that our players picked up in the international break, they all seem to be 1 game type injuries at worst.

Salah returned to Melwood straight after the game so if it is as minor as it is being reported then worst case scenareo is missing the Huddersfield game, then be back ready midweek.

VVD was already carrying his rib injury since the Southampton game, so obviously it is not bad enough to stop him playing. The only injury that could be an issue is Keita as so far there has been very little news on it.

Mascot88

Admin
Of all the injuries that our players picked up in the international break, they all seem to be 1 game type injuries at worst.

Salah returned to Melwood straight after the game so if it is as minor as it is being reported then worst case scenareo is missing the Huddersfield game, then be back ready midweek.

VVD was already carrying his rib injury since the Southampton game, so obviously it is not bad enough to stop him playing. The only injury that could be an issue is Keita as so far there has been very little news on it.
There has been some suggestions that the Van Dijk and Salah withdrawals were programmed as part of an argreement between the FAs and Liverpool.

I’m a bit more worried about Salah as he came off at half time, but I’m sure Virgil will be OK.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
What if he falls and damages his thumb further leading to more time out. He could do with a rest.
And what if he gets hit by a bus when crossing the road? The world is made up if what ifs' 99% are total bollocks, if Klopp and Mane feel it's worth it, then play him

Rooster

What a hit son
Well this will be a test of our new season depth.

Come on down Lallana, Sturridge, Shaq and Fabinho.

I'm surprised people are expecting Mane to play with a broken thumb. Mo and Keita with muscular are defo outs whilst I tip VVD to play.

Even with some big outs, there is no excuse not to win this one, given the replacements are all quality.

Hurry up and get this show back on the road.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
There has been some suggestions that the Van Dijk and Salah withdrawals were programmed as part of an argreement between the FAs and Liverpool.

I’m a bit more worried about Salah as he came off at half time, but I’m sure Virgil will be OK.
Didn't Salah come off in the 90th min in game 1?

Henderson, VVD, Salah, I expect to play something like..

Alisson

Trent-AA Gomez VVD Robertson

Fabinho Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Shaqiri​

Arminius

FSG PR plant

A hamstring that had him ersatz-stretchered off isn't going to be any less than three weeks, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.