Pre-Match: Hull City (a) Sunday 1st Dec, 14:05 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Hope in your heart said:
Fully deserved for Hull, as they are the only team wanting to win it.
Bit harsh....but fair play to Hull, they read our passive signals and came out to play

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
legalalien said:
Kolo's not happy. And neither am I. total cock-up in defense. Two CBs going for the same ball. Let's see if Alberto can make a difference.
Thta's what you'll get when you tinker with your defensive line-up from match to match. Not impressed with BR's selection today...

Reds

TIA Youth Team
Another record is going, we never ever lost to hull. We are making history today.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
15 minutes left before we are down to just 3 points ahead of last season's pace, and the sense I have is deja vu

LiVeRp0oL89

That most annoying thing is that this month is so fucking important to our top 4 aspirations. We have so many games this month, difficult ones too and Sturridge is going to miss them all. The January transfer window can't come quick enough. In the meantime we're left hoping players like Moses, Sterling, Allen, Henderson and Aspas can step up when the chips are down. I'm not optimistic based on this showing..

Just. Fuck!

Hope in your heart

Admin
theres always tommorrow said:
Bit harsh....but fair play to Hull, they read our passive signals and came out to play
Yeah, it's about signals, and also about actually trying things. Neither BR nor his team have done enough to deserve anything out of this game. Winning this match would be a f**** miracle at this point...

Archer

TIA First Team
Arminius said:
15 minutes left before we are down to just 3 points ahead of last season's pace, and the sense I have is deja vu
Last season it looked like the team was starting to take to the 'philosophy'. This year despite the decent start it seems to be getting further and further away.

trygve76

TIA New Signing
The season is disintegrating slowly before our eyes. Being punished for not strengtening the central midfield in the summer. Also, Sturridge's absence is an absolute disaster. Sterling is out of sorts and Moses just doesn't cut it.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
rab said:
Can you add anything constructive? Nope thought not
how about this? start off with our original preferred formation and not try to stick suarez up as a lone striker...this is also not the first time BR has fucked things up when injuries comes to play....Good managers tend to work around the injuries and one more thing, good managers never brings their favourite pets to the team...

YNWAGerrard

legalalien said:
Good question.
we bought sakho in to flippin deal with teams with a physical striker, he's been immense so far so BR decides to drop him cause he wants his other defenders to be happy? >.>

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Well....not a lot to shout about but a good finish would put things right. Come on you Reds 2-3 we score third in injury time!!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Suarez needs to be told to stay in the CF position, there's no one in the box when we break

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
as I alluded to before the match, if we lose a couple of key players going into a game, we play like a lower half team at best.

No squad depth where it matters. Citeh, the chavs, the gooners would have been three or four up by now because they spend much more than us on their squad and the spend their cash on proven quality. I realise we can't offer CL football, but something has to be done about this problem. We can't get by with just two or three good players in the squad.

Archer

TIA First Team
Too many players on the pitch who are quite literally just breathing in air and moving around in a less than useful manner. Looking at you most of all Jordan.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Difficulty at the moment is that we could end up falling down a steep hill in the next few weeks given the top area is so tight

We talk about 5 year contracts but for me another 6th or lower placing wont cut it in the end. Can go on all about injuries and that but these sorts of performances are not excusable

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
LiVeRp0oL89 said:
That most annoying thing is that this month is so fucking important to our top 4 aspirations. We have so many games this month, difficult ones too and Sturridge is going to miss them all. The January transfer window can't come quick enough. In the meantime we're left hoping players like Moses, Sterling, Allen, Henderson and Aspas can step up when the chips are down. I'm not optimistic based on this showing..

Just. Fuck!
To add insult to injury, Sturridge's absence is caused by his stubborn refusal to not play in a USELESS England friendly. There is using your patriotism to do something useful, and there is patriotism that leads to ruin on a personal and professional level. Sturridge has chosen the latter.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
kwala said:
EVERY time we have a chance to take a step foreward, we fuck up. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Weak mentality, shit formation, lack of genuine quality in depth.

Moses should have been subbed at HT 2-1 down with 20 minutes left is too late.
All those are the managers fault. He has bought plenty of players and most have added nothing, Sturridge and Mignolet are the exceptions. More money wasted to stand still.
His "philosophy" has gone out the window too. He should have ripped them a new one at half time and made at least one change then by taking Moses off.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Kinny Riddle said:
To add insult to injury, Sturridge's absence is caused by his stubborn refusal to not play in a USELESS England friendly. There is using your patriotism to do something useful, and there is patriotism that leads to ruin on a personal and professional level. Sturridge has chosen the latter.
No it wasn't. His injury was an ankle injury, sustained in our training sessions

it's our fault for deciding we don't need decent squad depth when not in Europe

YNWAGerrard

It's sad when you're looking to equalise and its Suarez demanding the ball from 20 yards out of the box with no one behind him -_-

rab

charleslee89 said:
how about this? start off with our original preferred formation and not try to stick suarez up as a lone striker...this is also not the first time BR has fucked things up when injuries comes to play....Good managers tend to work around the injuries and one more thing, good managers never brings their favourite pets to the team...
I thought Allen was Rodgers pet?

Which other striker was meant to partner Suarez?

Thinnest argument I've ever seen

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
EdWood said:
as I alluded to before the match, if we lose a couple of key players going into a game, we play like a lower half team at best.

No squad depth where it matters. Citeh, the chavs, the gooners would have been three or four up by now because they spend much more than us on their squad and the spend their cash on proven quality. I realise we can't offer CL football, but something has to be done about this problem. We can't get by with just two or three good players in the squad.
We have spent enough to beat Hull away. Aspas, Borini, Allen, Alberto, Ilori, Sakho, have added what exactly? Nothing in my view.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
RichLFC said:
Difficulty at the moment is that we could end up falling down a steep hill in the next few weeks given the top area is so tight

We talk about 5 year contracts but for me another 6th or lower placing wont cut it in the end. Can go on all about injuries and that but these sorts of performances are not excusable
If you look at where we are entering December versus last year, and the relative difficulty of the December fixtures in each year, we are now practically assured of being on last year's pace by January 1.

Hope in your heart

Admin
LiVeRp0oL89 said:

Just. Fuck!
Forget top four. We were never good enough to stay there for the full season. Today we simply get back to our natural spot in the league in terms of quality in the squad, especially with one or two bad injuries hitting in. Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Utd, Tottenham and Everton are, simply put, way better than us in terms of either individual quality, or in terms of quality of football.

As for us, we are mediocre, and have largely been all season despite getting some results.

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
RichLFC said:
No it wasn't. His injury was an ankle injury, sustained in our training sessions

it's our fault for deciding we don't need decent squad depth when not in Europe
Yes, but he KNEW he had that injury but chose to exacerbate it in that friendly when he could have rested that injury for an extra week.

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
The team is playing very poorly and disappointingly, but some of the responses here are just getting increasingly over the top.

Once the final whistle is on if the scoreline stands as it is, I'm going to stay away for the next 48 hours and wait for everyone to cool down a bit.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
I won't lie...watching them triangle our boy Hendo there made me laugh a bit. He really doesn't have a football sense to him does he?

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
the sad reality is we are still a work in progress.............sighs!

Hull are deserving of their 2-1 advantage, they have worked hard and well as a unit.

5 mins to go before we...........

the F word is rearing its ugly head - FRUSTRATING!!!

so expect nothing and avoid disappointment!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.