• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: League Cup 27/8/13 Notts County (h) 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
8,184
Oh...and the crowd at anfield is fucking appalling...this is when you need the crowd behind you, they're fucking silent...
 


Arminius

FSG PR plant
Moderator
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
23,715
alphakilo said:
Rodgers has every right to be livid after this game. He sends out half a team of regulars, the players let the game run into extra time through complacency, and then a key player gets a long-term injury that wouldn't have happened if we'd killed the game off. And the context being United at the weekend. Dire stuff.
Rodgers has a lot to answer for. With a big game at the weekend, you can predict the expected starters to ease off the throttle. Meanwhile, his exciting signing Borini is sitting with splinters on his arse hoping for a chance to prove himself - and the poor bastard is likely to be thrown to the wolves this weekend.
 

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,426
hopefully with us being a player short we will soak up some pressure and pick them off on the counter attack.

Fcuk knows we have shown little promise of scoring against their massed defence since half time.
 

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
2,896
NZred said:
I have to ask. WTF was BR thinking.
At half time he was probably thinking we needed to up our game to score a killer third, after which he'd sub off at least one of Gerrard or Sturridge. The intention was most definitely to have the game done by 90 minutes, and wouldn't you have expected as much, going into half time 2-0 up?

Then again I'm looking forward to people spinning this as Rodgers' mismanagement. Maybe he should've done the complete opposite, like he did last year.
 



NZred

The Red From NZ
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
3,726
This game has the potential to completely fkc our season, injuries, confidence, knackered legs. Big weekend game that we are already on the back foot for.

Stupid stupid stuff.
 

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
8,184
Hope in your heart said:
Becoming a nightmare now. We'll be 10 against 11, without our best and most experienced defender. And as this evening is going on, I fully expect Gerrard and Sturridge to get niggles before the end of this game. If I was Moyes and his boys, I'd be really looking forward now to play us next sunday.

BR, you made your bed, you'll have to sleep in it now, if you can... wrong decision after wrong decision after wrong decision... well done.
Thing is...if he'd have played a weaker team he wouldn't be taking the cups seriously...

You can't account or for tell injuries...just one of those things.

Chin up all...from adversity comes strength....
 

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
21,156
Raheem Sterling at right back. Personally I'd have played rush goalie.
 

NZred

The Red From NZ
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
3,726
alphakilo said:
At half time he was probably thinking we needed to up our game to score a killer third, after which he'd sub off at least one of Gerrard or Sturridge. The intention was most definitely to have the game done by 90 minutes, and wouldn't you have expected as much, going into half time 2-0 up?

Then again I'm looking forward to people spinning this as Rodgers' mismanagement. Maybe he should've done the complete opposite, like he did last year.
I refer more to the full strength team he sent out.
 



Arminius

FSG PR plant
Moderator
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
23,715
SoueysTash said:
lol people chastising him for not using all his subs in other games...the fella can't win.

Badluck though

The only possible bonus from this is that the owners are going to need to start writing some cheques
He better hope that 'FSG know f--k-all about football' is still the case, because his next conversation would not be pretty otherwise.
 

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
6,872
NZred said:
This game has the potential to completely fkc our season, injuries, confidence, knackered legs. Big weekend game that we are already on the back foot for.

Stupid stupid stuff.
Weekend game and beyond is more like it. I hope the majority of people who wanted a strong lineup don't bitch down the road.
 

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
2,896
Arminius said:
Rodgers has a lot to answer for. With a big game at the weekend, you can predict the expected starters to ease off the throttle. Meanwhile, his exciting signing Borini is sitting with splinters on his arse hoping for a chance to prove himself - and the poor bastard is likely to be thrown to the wolves this weekend.
I think what happened last season - leading to him being lambasted by many people - influenced a lot of his decision-making for this game.
 



Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
22,752
SoueysTash said:
Thing is...if he'd have played a weaker team he wouldn't be taking the cups seriously...

You can't account or for tell injuries...just one of those things.

Chin up all...from adversity comes strength....
That's true, when you stand up and fight against it, but that's not how it seems on the pitch right now. Might go to the pens, if Stoke don't score the winner before.
 

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
5,725
The reason we lost, is because of our youngsters. Very promising, very talent. But inexperienced and impatient as heck.

We were leading by fuckign 2-0, calm the fuck down, keep the possession. Close down the game


Ty God Sturridge
 

Amateur Hour

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2012
Messages
220
Coutinho has been a god damn ghost since coming on.


As I say that gets a nice assist (foot in mouth)
 

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
8,184
Arminius said:
He better hope that 'FSG know f--k-all about football' is still the case, because his next conversation would not be pretty otherwise.
Why though? This team should have trounced them...

Injuries are just one of those things

People should be more philosophical....
 



craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
2,400
Yes!!!!!!! take them all off now please................
 






Status
Not open for further replies.