• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: League Cup 27/8/13 Notts County (h) 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Blessing in disguise please. Blessing in disguise please.

I want at least a CB by the weekend. A LB also please. And CDM too. Not panic buying, those that already in our scout but lack the commitment to risk on it. I want Sterling, Johnson, Wisdom, Ibe will have a productive meeting with BR, and better shut up listening to how they can improve and not let the team down.

I want Sturridge to shoot his way to greatness, in our shirt

I want the Scum comes here expects easy game and got back empty hand.

PS: and bravo Hendo!!

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Remember, it a long 10 minutes left................

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
slufsar said:
this is the entire problem: fans who criticise the manager for not taking the carling cup seriously. its not a cup that deserves getting taken seriously. that is why it is played during the week and not the weekend like the fa cup. why you get no money for winning it. you have to play 4 qualifying games for the freaking europa league as a reward for winning it.

it was probably fan-pressure that made him field that team
It's a cup for the minnows. This win isn't worth costing points in the league.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
That was a confident goal. Great to see from Hendo, that (confidence) always seemed to be an issue with him.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Great run, nice dunk and cool finish. Loved the "not on my watch" finger wag to notts fans too lol

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Johnson has been poor tonite.

Hendo. Athelete. Period.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Jordan, sunshine, that was fucking magic.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Nice finish by Hendo, makes the scoreline look better, but those who watched it know the full picture.

slufsar

great goals, but this game isnt my concern.

my concern is that rodgers will get t-bagged by moyes on sunday

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
That was also a great goal.

Look like going through now but at the probable expense of an ordeal at the weekend by the looks of things

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Brillant. Good that the lads have been able to react well despite being ten men down. Probably put to bed now, although one never knows with us...

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Arminius said:
Injuries are one of those things that happen - which is why you don't play critical players on short rest 4 days before a key game, particularly in a second tier competition. Not all of Toure, Gerrard, and Sturridge were necessary. When you set out your stall where the worst case is a disaster, you have to live with the bad luck when it comes.
That does make sense but still...considering how much shit BR got last season I can understand why he played a stronger team. He'll get less shit for a close fought draw or loss against Manure than he will do for crashing out against Notts County

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Hey Chicago... Hendo finally did something for u.. :)

sorry fellas... I jinxed the Toure getting injured fuck me

Amateur Hour

slufsar said:
great goals, but this game isnt my concern.

my concern is that rodgers will get t-bagged by moyes on sunday
Really? In the Rodgers thread you seem to be one of his supporters? One injury cluttered game that turn his game plan and tactics into f*ck all and your jumping ship?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Amateur Hour said:
Really? In the Rodgers thread you seem to be one of his supporters? One injury cluttered game that turn his game plan and tactics into f*ck all and your jumping ship?
Stupid way to look at things...I'm very pro rodgers but I do still criticise where neccesary ya can't pigeon hole people

Arminius

FSG PR plant
At least the Mancs are Sunday. We will need some key work from the physios, and hope that Toure's injury is not serious.

RJK

Ibe has gotten steadily worse as the game's gone on. Probably knackered by now, but has made poor decisions all game

Status
Not open for further replies.