• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: League Cup 27/8/13 Notts County (h) 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Arminius said:
At least the Mancs are Sunday. We will need some key work from the physios, and hope that Toure's injury is not serious.
Fingers crossed, mate, fingers crossed...

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I agree broadly with the selection simply because this our best chance of a trophy this year and our 2nd string will not get us there. The injuries in one game can't be legislated for unfortunately.

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Wasted opportunity that by Henderson but then again why should he be left behind?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Arminius said:
At least the Mancs are Sunday. We will need some key work from the physios, and hope that Toure's injury is not serious.
Looked bad though, he was in pain whilst laid still on the stretcher...I suspect that's going to be more than 4 days recovery sadly...

alphakilo

TIA Regular
SoueysTash said:
That does make sense but still...considering how much shit BR got last season I can understand why he played a stronger team. He'll get less shit for a close fought draw or loss against Manure than he will do for crashing out against Notts County
To add to that - with regard to Arminius' point about BR being weak minded, I personally understand his position. Sometimes you just feel that because he came into the job with nowhere near the reputation and professional network that previous managers had (e.g. Rafa, Kenny and even Woy), other external factors such as fan opinion can be a bigger influence than we expect.

Just my two cents.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
if the Toure plays Sunday we will win..... but he doesn't play.. Sakho better fucking play and we win!

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Noticed what happened since we down to 10 men?

Our two youngsters Ibe/ Sterling and Johnson being more caution, and stopped throwing possession away, Defending much easy now with 10 men than with 11

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Nah we should play with 10 men against the mancs, look how well it's gone since we went a player down... :D

gingerbread said:
Noticed what happened since we down to 10 men?

Our two youngsters Ibe/ Sterling and Johnson being more caution, and stopped throwing possession away, Defending much easy now with 10 men than with 11
Lol I typed mine at the same time as yours

Arminius

FSG PR plant
SoueysTash said:
Looked bad though, he was in pain whilst laid still on the stretcher...I suspect that's going to be more than 4 days recovery sadly...
To be honest, I don't think we will see him again much before November.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
A good lesson for the team....you can't cruise in ANY game. They won't do it again in a hurry

Amateur Hour

SoueysTash said:
Stupid way to look at things...I'm very pro rodgers but I do still criticise where neccesary ya can't pigeon hole people
No I'm sorry I am not saying he is above criticism I did not like the Kolo, Gerrard, Sturridge selection from the start. But to do a 180 on your opinion on him in one game is rash. Plus the one area where Rodgers usually flourishes is tactically and in match adjustments so to suggest Moyes will "tbag" him upsets me to the point where I feel the need to defend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.