• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre Match: LFC vs Crystal Palace; Saturday 05/10/13; 15.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberphobia

Mascot88 said:
I hate this sentiment - it's just football that Palace have had a couple of chances. If we've been fortunate at the back, then they've been charmed.

Could have been 15 -4
True. In fairness Palace are shit. After today they will have lost 5 of their first six. I like Holloway and admire the fact that he has a go but there is very little quality in that squad. An away game at Anfield with Suarez and Sturridge in good nick wasn't what he would of been hoping for right now.

Suarez7LateralIncisor

TIA Regular
SirBillShankly said:
No, maybe i'm exaggerating but you go the other extreme by saying he has been terrible, so, i will throw the question back at you.
interesting. no, I though moses has been very poor. As i said, he certainly had a hand in the first goal with some decent dribbling and the pass out wide. however he's lost the ball a ton of times, when he has gotten free his passing has turned it right over and he's missed a sitter. all in all, pretty poor

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Hope in your heart said:
Only a few weeks back, I watched Iceland coming back at Berne against Switzerland, from 3-0 down to 3-3... so I'll not take anything for granted for the time being...
Yeah but they haven't got two african beasts in their defence ;)

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
liverpool_singh said:
That was not as easy as people are trying to make out. The ball was coming very fast so there was not much reaction time to place a shot. Also looking at the replay it was just heading a bit behind him as well.
Sure, but all he has do is get anything on it. He doesn't need to place it. Any kind of reasonable contact is a goal. He managed to bounce it from one knee to the other and then off the bar. Bad miss in my book.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Mascot88 said:
That's probably because we're being pretty adventurous in the final third - we're not having much trouble winning it back. Possession much be in the high sixties.
Fair point, we are definitely >65% possession, I just get nervous abit when its with the the opponents.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Suarez is a fucking GENIUS he's just taking the absolute piss out of the opposition

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Suarez7LateralIncisor said:
interesting. no, I though moses has been very poor. As i said, he certainly had a hand in the first goal with some decent dribbling and the pass out wide. however he's lost the ball a ton of times, when he has gotten free his passing has turned it right over and he's missed a sitter. all in all, pretty poor
Think you're being harsh, thought he was quite good.Anyway, let us continue witnessing the demolition.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
well, Henderson is like a deep lying CM.....and this allows gerrard to bomb higher up the pitch...
Henderson is not lying deep at all. He's starting out from deep positions, running all the way to the top of their box, and then running all the way to our box once we lose the ball. Watch him pressing in a left-winger's position just now.

He's very much playing a box-to-box role, which is hugely significant if you're big on technicalities.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
SirBillShankly said:
Think you're being harsh, thought he was quite good.Anyway, let us continue witnessing the demolition.
I don't think that's harsh - Moses has been poor today. Alberto on please

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Quagmire81 said:
Moses speed is such a danger tho. He keep their midfield on their toes.
Never really looked up to see the options though. Just made a beeline towards the sideline and won a corner. Still waiting for more intelligent decision making from him. Sturridge does that way more, and he's still considered a selfish player in some quarters.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Mascot88 said:
Sure, but all he has do is get anything on it. He doesn't need to place it. Any kind of reasonable contact is a goal. He managed to bounce it from one knee to the other and then off the bar. Bad miss in my book.
If I had to count how many times I've done that...even the best players have a brain-fart once in a while...LOL ;) :ph34r:

Herb

Got a bit complacent here, especially the front 3. Some of the short passing today has been very poor. Don't think Moses has played that well today, surely Alberto will be on soon.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Not enough friction in this in-match thread... let me try...

We're playing fucking shit. Can't even score 4 goals past crappy palace. Rubbish. Hrm... now i need to target a random player... ermm... We need to sell Henderson and buy a proper midfielder like Diame.

I feel dirty. I need to take a bath.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
Suarez and sturridge > batman and robin.

Best start of the season since what seems to be 50 years.
And we still can believe.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
alphakilo said:
Never really looked up to see the options though. Just made a beeline towards the sideline and won a corner. Still waiting for more intelligent decision making from him. Sturridge does that way more, and he's still considered a selfish player in some quarters.
We all know coutinho gonna take that spot once he returns, moses as substitute is not half bad. But it could be interesting to see what either aspas or alberto can do in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.