• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre match Liverpool FC vs Aston Villa 18th Jan; 17.30 k.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I never get why those are fouls, Benteke Launching himself over Allen and falling down.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
The ref just blew for a foul on Allen, who was adjudged to have sent Benteke flying through the air. What?!

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
The ref is starting to lose control here. He has set himself up to require a call for every bit of contact.

We are going to need a possession filled final 10 minutes. Perhaps we can win something on a deadball. Controlled and composed.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I don't know how bad Flanagan and Enrique are injured, but unless they had one leg chopped off, they can still play better than cissokoh

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Gerrard still trying to win it at least. Pity that he isn't further up field....no defence Brendan no defence...Gerrard can't solve ALL of your problems.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The want of one goal could have catastrophic consequences for this club in this season. We badly need the two points at stake.

Colin

TIA First Team
Arminius said:
The want of one goal could have catastrophic consequences for this club in this season. We badly need the two points at stake.
Every point is equally as important

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
This game is petering out like a damp squib.

God please send us a few more (or even one) first teamers who are actually any good.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Colin said:
Every point is equally as important
But not equally available. These will be two of the worst dropped points in the season if we cannot find a goal.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Villa will be playing for a draw here

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Damage done in the first half really

These games are where not just title but top 4 these days can be lost

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Although he is an easy target at the moment, what has stood out more than anything about Cissokho is his positioning. Terrible for being placed to recieve the ball, poor for marking his man, and relative to the rest of the defense.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
again...raheem with a wasted ball. He is our attacking cissokho in that regard. attacks die with him.

pull the ball back and wait for options. fuck me it's irritating. no wonder johnson looks like shit chasing him up the field all day for naught.

Semmy

Ad-free Member
nice play with Allen and Sterling there.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
i_still_miss_fowler said:
Although he is an easy target at the moment, what has stood out more than anything about Cissokho is his positioning. Terrible for being placed to recieve the ball, poor for marking his man, and relative to the rest of the defense.
Is two things really that piss me off about this, firstly the quality of certain players and the tactics used, secondly us basicallygiving lambert his tactical plan in the press last week

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
RichLFC said:
Damage done in the first half really

These games are where not just title but top 4 these days can be lost
Absolutely right and this one is down to Brendan. He just made it difficult with the team selection on a day where some of our best (and worst) players were not able to dig it out for him. Hope he gets it...?

Semmy

Ad-free Member
this game is fucking irritating to watch. no patience on the ball, 100% wild balls-out attack in one wave and if that first push doesn't work we give up the ball.

I don't love Arsenal but fuck me they have a much more composed attacking structure, 2nd and 3rd waves off the same build-up. Patience and wait for a good opportunity to strike.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Buy some mature players and send the kids out for loan to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.