• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Arsenal EFL Cup (30/10/19) KO 19:30

What will be the final score?

• 6 - 4

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 4 - 6

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 8 - 5

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 6 - 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 - 11

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 15 - 14

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Who fucking cares. Up the 2013/14 throwback reds.

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Looking forward to this. I’m not sure but I think last time arsenal faced us at Anfield in the league cup they beat us 6-3 with their 27 year old kids.

For me I’d rest most our team. If nothing else we need to give more minutes to certain players to bring them up to speed.

Adrian
Larouci
Lovren
Gomez
Milner

Jones
Lallana
Keita

Ox
Origi
Brewster

Get Elliot and Van Den Berg on for some minutes as well.

Should be a decent game. Arsenal aren’t in a great place right now so it depends on how strong a team Emery picks.

4-3 win.

nikz200

Let the kids play ,
Kelleher
Ki Jana Hoever, Sepp,Lovren, Milner
Lallana, Keita, Gini
Elliott, Brewster, Jones

probably its because its the kids, the edge has to go to arsenal , but we will see, no injury , good performance should be all.

rockafella

Registered before you did
I've mentioned this previously, but getting through into the quarter final would make January pretty congested.

The quarters are due to be played mid-December; the same midweek we're in the World Club Cup. We don't have any other free time to play that game, meaning we'd have to play the quarter early Jan the same time the semi-final first leg for the other half of the draw is played. Therefore having to play one of the semi-final legs (if we're there) in a midweek in Jan, except we'll inevitably have an FA Cup replay then......

I'm all for playing a weakened team like we did in the first game. I wouldn't want to see any of our first xi in the match squad. My only issue is if we progress and were to draw a team we feel we can't do that against e.g. getting Everton or City away in the next round.

jaffod

Really can't risk a Lovren-Gomez CB pairing but I imagine Gomez will play and maybe VDB alongside him. Larouci LB and Milner RB. Will be interesting to see if Lallana starts in the holding role JK has talked about. Keita, Ox, Divock, Brewster and either Elliot or Jones.
Looking forward to this, a bit of relief from the non stop pressure of PL and CL football. Thought we played really well at MK Dons considering it was a mish-mash of experience, youth and players coming back from injury.
Looking forward to seeing Emery grimacing and gurning on the touchline.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I'll leave it to Jurgen and his staff to decide team selection, formation and tactics.

I've mentioned in other threads that I have a Gooner friend who always used to gloat when they'd beat us. He'd be straight on his phone with a text to rub it in. He hasn't had the chance for a while now. Hopefully he'll be quiet on Wednesday night.

COYR YNWA

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Playing Kelleher then? It's a sign I think. It will be a team of youngsters and squaddies playing Arsenal tomorrow. Slightly surprised that Adrian doesn't get a start though, but maybe it's a contractual thing (or Kelleher is actually the next genuine big thing, who knows).

Anyway, I don't think that Klopp will shed a tear if we lose out. It will be actually a relief, considering our already packed winter schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.