Pre match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 9/2/19; 15.00 KO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Enough is enough nobluff, all you're bringing us these days are draws, so I'm gonna get us back to winning ways.

Goes without saying that this is a must win.We need a win to get our confidence back up, City could drop points against Chelsea, but we can't afford many more dropped points.

I would leave Milner out and go with either Hendo or Camacho at RB.

Team I'd like to see:

.........................Becker..............
Henderson...Matip....Virgil..... Robertson
.............. Wijnaldum.....Fabinho..........
............................Keita.....................
Mane................Firmino.............Salah

2-0 Redmen.

Last edited:

Incognito

The Normal One
Well, Salah has never played on left for us and wouldn't be useful there. Hendo has played what one game as full back for us and Milly was apparently ill the last game. I would still go with Milner there.

This could be a very open game with goals for both sides. Bobby upfront for me as well, let Keita take care of connecting the defense with attack. Hendo and Shaq from bench depending how the game goes.

It could be levels by the time we kick off so it would be in our hand to go 3 points clear again having played equal games.

Alisson - Milly Matip VVD Robbo - Fab Gini Keita - Salah Bobby Mane!

Enough of false hopes given to City, time to run away with this league from here on! Come on lads :-)

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
If Gini and Henderson are fit I’d be starting them in midfield and moving Fabinho to right back. Rest of the team picks itself.

Gini + Henderson + Keita would be a good combination. Controversial but I’d play Gini as the no.10 and Henderson and Keita as the double pivot(where Keita was very good 2nd half last night).

Just need Firmino to stay forward and not squeeze Keita’s space in central midfield.

FilthyBloke

Personally I think we should drop some of the out of form players.

Allison
Milner
Robertson
Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Henderson
Shaqiri

Mane
Salah
Origi

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Enough is enough nobluff, all you're bringing us these days is draw after draw so I'm gonna get us back to winning ways.

Goes without saying that this is a must win.We need a win to get our confidence back up, City could drop points against Chelsea, but we can't afford many more dropped points.

Team I'd like to see:

2-0 Redmen.
We've been shite for too long now, sorry to say @nobluff but it's time you got benched for the good of the team ;-)

dockers_strike

Another tough game despite Bournemouth's poor away run.

If I was Jurgen (Im not) and if Trent still cannot play, Id bring Camacho in as RB, shift Fabinho back to partner van Dijk dropping Matip. If Hendo and Milner are fit, slot them into midfield with Keita who retains his place. Front 3 pick themselves. If Bobby's stinking the place out, he has to be hooked for the second half.

Allison
Trent or Camacho
Fabinho
VVD
Robertson

Milner
Henderson
Keita

Mane
Salah
Firminho

Here's hoping for a better atmos. Im taking my throat lozengers as Im expecting a lot of singing! Cmon reds.

[email protected]

Dropping Firmino is slightly understandable up until you see Origi is the other option,no thanks.
Not that I want Bobby dropped but he's lost a bit of focus and precision again, as has the entire team tbf. The little lay offs in the dangerous areas (dangerous for us as well, like yesterday!) are looking very lackadaisical. Shows how integral he is, actually, coz we seem to struggle to create clear openings when he's off his game. Just needs to sharpen up and get his decision making back.

We fucked this up a bit, the last two games, and we really haven't gotten our boot on the throat as we should have done and the form table doesn't lie; 8 points from the last 5 with a true mixed bag of results. We're having our turn on the dip in form swing but it happens to most teams in a season, even title winners, and hopefully this is where it ends. 3 points are a must in the next game and at this point of the season in the scenario we are in, if we wish to be champions then there can be no excuses otherwise.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Well I am back at Anfield for this one, at the back of the Kop.

Following the aftermath of West Ham - there were so many last minute changes, we did well to get a draw, and could have even won it.

Changes in defence creates a little uncertainty in midfield, and that in turn effects the attack - which is how I sum up the last 2 performances.
It'll be great to have Trent back possibly? Then the midfield of Fab, Hendo and Gini will allow the front 3 to show their stuff.

Bournemouth are about to get battered. Part of the deal that let them have Clyne and Solanke. So even the ref can't spoil our thrashing.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I would drop Salah before dropping Bobby. He's been quite poor recently. However, our options are limited. I wonder if playing Mane down the middle is an option? I hope Jürgen keeps faith with Keita, he was carrying the ball forward with confidence 2nd half.

Alright Now

I would drop Salah before dropping Bobby. He's been quite poor recently. However, our options are limited. I wonder if playing Mane down the middle is an option? I hope Jürgen keeps faith with Keita, he was carrying the ball forward with confidence 2nd half.
Not sure we need to be dropping up front. Need to add back some in the midfield and defense.

Alright Now

All those dismissing origi, may I remind you all that his goal against Everton (that fine goal) changed our fortunes and performances. Before that we were playing poorly. Then bang.
Origi can do it again.

Also, firmino actually looks shattered.
I like Origi. But I just don’t see Pickford starting this one for Bournemouth :-)

Redopium

If Trent is not fit, Becker, Milner, Matip, VVD, Robertson,
If gini and Hendo are fit, Hendo, Fab, Gini,
If Firmino is rested, Keita, Salah, Mane.
This is a serious must win game, no more faffin about making shit teams look decent and giving the blue plastic hope. Destroy them :celebrating::celebrating::celebrating:.

Keegans Perm

We dont need to drop any of the front 3. Klopp just needs to tell them to take more shots at goal instead of trying these little 1, 2 passes around the edge of the box that aren't coming off. Chances are the keeper will fumble it and Salah will pounce.

Dutch

Enough is enough nobluff, all you're bringing us these days are draws, so I'm gonna get us back to winning ways.

Team I'd like to see:

2-0 Redmen.

I hope TAA and Lovren are back, if so we win 4-0

Keegans Perm

Also, firmino actually looks shattered.
The trip to Dubai was a waste of time then wasnt it if players are knackered. Whole point of those warm weather sessions was to recharge and it looks like its done anything but judging by the last 2 games. Plus half of them have been ill.
Hoping for a much improved performance against Bournemouth. Really should be taking them to cleaners.

Red Spud

I'd like to see us revert to how our attack was lining up last season.

Bobby leading the line, Mane on the Left and Salah on the right and either Keita or Big Shaq as the 10

Playing Firmino as a 10 hasn't really worked out for me he is more effective for us at CF and Salah seems to do better out wide when he can get 1 on 1 with the fullback.

Whatever we decide really need to get back to winning ways we are still top of the league and well in the race.

Lets Go Red Men !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.