• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Liverpool v Chelsea EPL 14/04/19 KO 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Can't fucking stand the fucking chavs and i think they'll turn up and park the bus,need to break them down and be clinical because beating these bastards is sweet,3-1 to us and hopefully it'll be the last time we'll face Hazard in a fucking dirty blue plastic top,:cheers:

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Then - with the '5 points clear' - you know something we don't know. Hope what you know is true lol
Palace away is never an easy task, and with the fixture congestion City have they will need to rotate at some point which is when upsets can happen, so I think this could be one of those 'surprise' results.

I agree with @Dane if we beat these plastic bastards, we go 5 points clear

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
This is where I feel Klopp is lacking, applying strategies ways to make opponent stop playing. He won't go down that low, something he is admired for and also leaving me scratching my head. Hazard will be their key player, and he hates being roughed up. We just need to remind him whose house he's in, rough him up and little, he will shrink and slip away behind his teammates. That's what we need to do when playing against Chelsea. Higuain may be a threat in front of goal, but without people creating it for him, he is useless. Hazard for me is key, then Willian. This Chelsea side don't have that grit they used to when under that dirty Portuguese.

Anything less than 3 points won't work. We need all 3 points and keep the chase going. I don't care nor buy into the "City will drop points along the way" mantra. It is not my concern. If they don't slip and we ended up not winning the league tough luck - we fucked it up at West Ham and United. move on....

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
@BostonMick are you at this game? Do send me a message if you want to meet up prior.

Not sure what my plan is - usually work it out on the day. But I think someone wants to see the Baltic triangle (Jurgen Murial) near city centre - then we will be in either hotel Tia (anfield Rd) or kop bar (under the kop stand).

I’ll be a palace fan too - I’m already picturing zaha causing mayhem and Hodgson dreaming of an anfield statue.... “I like to dedicate that win to Liverpool fc!”

Then we are 3-0 up by half time - big party atmosphere......

This is all too tense for me.

donks

TIA First Team
Every week I seem to be saying this is the biggest game of the season but I really feel this is actually the biggest game. I said a few weeks ago if we could get 9/9 from Spurs, Southampton and Chelsea that we would win the league and I firmly believe it.

If Palace can somehow even get a point Sunday it's back into our own hands and that's all we really want. It will be a big test for City Sunday and if they fail to win and we beat Chelsea, I can only see one winner with the fixture run in both clubs have.

In terms of team selection I expect Robertson, Matip and Gini to come back into the team and Fabinho & Keita to lose out with Klopp reverting to his tried and trusted midfield.

I don't think Chelsea will park the bus it's not Sarri's style so it should be an open game. Hazard really needs to be shackled and if we can do that I think we will win the game.

Chelsea have to play 3 games in 7 days and we will have had a 5 day rest which should be a big factor

Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think the midfield is going to be Fabinho, Hendo and Gini. Hendo in the more forward role. The only question is between Gini and Keita, and Keita will be unlucky after Tuesday night's performance, if he is benched. But overall Gini provides more cover for the back four.
Matip back in for Lovren. Maybe Milner late on if we are leading, and we beed to battle in the middle of the park, or indeed if TAA is targetted and is under pressure.
Stomach in knots, Palace could do us a massive favour before the game by veating or even drawing with City.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Matip back in please, didn't like how Lovren moved together with the rest of our line the other night (or in general). Gini at LCM against Kante is a must. I'd probably keep Hendo at RCM, that zone will be both difficult to defend against Hazard and maybe an opportunity to attack, with almost all of their LCM options not in great form (hence why I don't want us to f*ck about with Kante, stick a player there who can neutralize him). The rest remains the same. I don't think our home record against Chelsea is so relevant for this. We had a lot of specific games against them and under different managers for them. I don't feel they're a bogey team for us, we had some decent wins at the Bridge, too. What makes it more tricky is that they're another technically very gifted side and will have the most able matchwinner on the pitch (or in the league) in Hazard. They could potentially cause similar problems Spurs gave us in the second half against them. We'll see what side they put tonight in Prague. They had a game on Monday, an away game tonight and they have to travel to Liverpool. Friday is off, which makes it 1 serious training session for them and perhaps 1-2 with the players who didn't play (much) in the EL. Could be a factor.

MW2833

Sarri said he's going to rest Hazard today at Prague.
Hopefully Prague score two early goals and Hazard comes on at half time.
Apart from Hazard, I don't think there is anyone capable of hurting our defence (maybe CHO if he comes on as a sub)

Can't fucking stand the fucking chavs and i think they'll turn up and park the bus,need to break them down and be clinical because beating these bastards is sweet,3-1 to us and hopefully it'll be the last time we'll face Hazard in a fucking dirty blue plastic top,:cheers:
Couldn't have worded it better myself

jaffod

What a horrible time to play these vile cunts, one day before the 30th anniversary. I hope it's a minute's applause rather than a silence because these cunts will spoil it. could be a great day or a truly horrible one.
Stop Hazard and you cut off 90% of their threat. We need to be aware of the little give-and-go flick to Higuain that he likes so much, get tight on the pair of them.
We're more than capable of putting a few past these, their defence has leaked goals away from home all season and the 'keeper is a fucking clown.
Fab-Gini-Hendo midfield.

jim bouki

Think it will be rather stiff for keita to lose his place here. Goals in successive matches, 8 tackles and a MOM performance in a champions league quarter final and just as the lad is starting to go from strength to strength suddenly he's not good enough to face an inconsistent chelsea?! He should be full of energy and chomping at the bit having not played most of the season! Where as Gini has been looking flat and worn out lately and has not shown in recent games that he deserves to be starting over the 3 that played against porto in my opinion. Plus i think a keita vs kante battle in the middle of the pitch would be epic.

indianaredman96

now you're gonna believe us
Why is it that when we are on top of the table the pundits say we have all the pressure on us, and when we in second the pressure is on us .
I see it as City have more games to play (1) which is more chances to lose points.
This game Sun. is really the toughest left on paper. Wolves are tough indeed but we are home for the finale. in between are teams in the bottom while Citeh have two big six games (one away) and mid table teams to face. The whole fucking world,but us, want LFC to lose.
Time to smash this team and shut everyone up. Strong side , heavy metal early . 2-nil and Walk On

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
I've been doing quite a bit of research on this match, and I've come up with some facts surrounding this tie that I think you'll all find pretty interesting: Fuck Chelsea. Fuck them, their re-animated corpse of a manager, their racist fucking plastic shitcunt fans, their bearded Tim Roth-looking owner, their stupid little shithouse stadium, and that Sideshow Bob-lookin'-ass muthafucka they have in defense. I hate them for having Mourinho as manager ever, let alone twice, I hate them for costing us the league in 2014 when they had fuck all to play for, I hate them for beating us in the CL semi that year, and I hate them for being the last realistic obstacle for us this year in the league. I generally don't give a shite how we win, but in this one, I'd love a spawny, shithouse, offside-in-the-buildup, dubious-looking penalty in the 95th min of what was supposed to only be 3 mins added on. It would send Chelsea and the mancs into a complete meltdown.

Smash them. They're shit.

indianaredman96

now you're gonna believe us
I've been doing quite a bit of research on this match, and I've come up with some facts surrounding this tie that I think you'll all find pretty interesting: Fuck Chelsea. Fuck them, their re-animated corpse of a manager, their racist fucking plastic shitcunt fans, their bearded Tim Roth-looking owner, their stupid little shithouse stadium, and that Sideshow Bob-lookin'-ass muthafucka they have in defense. I hate them for having Mourinho as manager ever, let alone twice, I hate them for costing us the league in 2014 when they had fuck all to play for, I hate them for beating us in the CL semi that year, and I hate them for being the last realistic obstacle for us this year in the league. I generally don't give a shite how we win, but in this one, I'd love a spawny, shithouse, offside-in-the-buildup, dubious-looking penalty in the 95th min of what was supposed to only be 3 mins added on. It would send Chelsea and the mancs into a complete meltdown.

Smash them. They're shit.
Great research and accurate analysis !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.