Pre Match: Liverpool v Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) (UCL Group C, 8 pm 24.10.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
This is the game - surely this is the game where we go and stuff an opposition team and these murmurings of a misfiring front line are put to bed?!

Don't know much about Red Star Belgrade - but I fully expect us to dismantle them at Anfield under the lights with the fans fully behind them.

These two games against Red Star are the ones we must win if we're to make it to the knock outs without too much pain. Expect to see a few changes. I'd quite like to see the following;

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho, Milner, Gini, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Not sure. They held Napoli to a draw, and the hammering by PSG was in suspicious circumstances.

You'd hope we have enough to win both of the matches against them, but we shouldn't underestinate them, especially while our form is so....odd.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
This is the game - surely this is the game where we go and stuff an opposition team and these murmurings of a misfiring front line are put to bed?!

Don't know much about Red Star Belgrade - but I fully expect us to dismantle them at Anfield under the lights with the fans fully behind them.

These two games against Red Star are the ones we must win if we're to make it to the knock outs without too much pain. Expect to see a few changes. I'd quite like to see the following;

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho, Milner, Gini, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
I agree. Might be too soon for Mane, though? It's a game we can probably afford to let him sit out and give Shaqiri another game.

RedForever2014

We must win this one, we can't have two consecutive CL matches without a win in this group.

We shouldn't underestimate them, they did draw with Napoli.

I'd go 4231 and get at them.

…………………...Alisson
TAA...…….Lovren……...VVD...……Robertson
……………..Gini...……..Fabinho
…..Salah...……...Lallana...……….Shaqiri
…………………..Firmino

Rest Gomez, Milner, let Mane have more time off, rest Hendo even if fit.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Alisson
Trent Lovren Van Dijk Moreno
Fabinho
Gini Lallana
Shaqiri Salah Firmino

All out attack for this one, I can't imagine Red Star are going to come and be expansive after the beating they got at PSG. I loathe picking Moreno but Robertson needs a rest and hopefully Red Star won't pose too much of a threat in attack. Gomez could do with a break, too.

Would be giving Fabinho, Lallana and Shaqiri more minutes as we need them up to speed as quickly as possible. I expect Henderson will start though.

I think we'll win this comfortably, 3 or 4 nil.

Redsi73

Hendo came off on Saturday as a precaution? So i can't see him playing

Milner surely can't plat? he's been pretty ineffective for a few games now, the guy is knackered and needs a rest.

I'd go with Gini, Fabinho and Lallana

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Go wild. Unleash all the frustration. European night, perfect for us to rediscover our form.
would start TAA, Wijanldum and Bobby over lovren,lallana, sturridge.

kwala

TIA Regular
Shaqiri deserves to be starting. By far our most threatening attacker of late. Probably stick with Bobby and Mo and hopefully they play through this poor run.

In midfield Fabinho has to be starting these. He needs minutes, and 2 games we should dominate are the perfect platform to be getting him up to speed in competitive games.

I'd give VVD time off to let his ribs heal. Can't keep on aggregating them weekly.

Allisson

Trent. Gomez. Lovren. Robertson

Fabinho

Milner. Gini

Mo. Firmino. Shaqiri.​

Last edited:

Redopium

Mane back in training today so he might start, if not shaqiri takes his place! Klopp mentioned today shaqiri has played 3 90mins in 10 days, Fabinho, Gini and Milner in midfield, should be a fairly comfortable win but our front 3 need to start firing.

jaffod

Rest VVD, I'd go with Matip and Lovren at CB. Fabinho must start and I'd go with Gini and Lallana. Sturridge, Shakiri and Mo up top. Hopefully get a decent lead by the hour and sub off Gini, Lallana and Mo.
Nothing of the sort will happen though.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Row 7 behind the goal, Annie Road. Thats where I'll be for this one.

No away fans will be strange.

If we click, we can seriously dismantle this team... Need a reaction from the Huddersfield performance, and I think its coming. Part 1 on Wednesday, and Part 2 on Saturday vs Cardiff.

Lots of goals, bucket loads and clean sheets.

OCred

Alisson
Trent Lovren Van Dijk Moreno
Fabinho
Gini Lallana
Shaqiri Salah Firmino

All out attack for this one, I can't imagine Red Star are going to come and be expansive after the beating they got at PSG. I loathe picking Moreno but Robertson needs a rest and hopefully Red Star won't pose too much of a threat in attack. Gomez could do with a break, too.

Would be giving Fabinho, Lallana and Shaqiri more minutes as we need them up to speed as quickly as possible. I expect Henderson will start though.

I think we'll win this comfortably, 3 or 4 nil.
Even so, even so. But Moreno, oh hell no. We dont need the liability and stress of Alberto in any meaningful game to be asked to defend or exhibit positioning, and so on.

Why to strip the force shield on our left flank and be exposed and provide a path for the opposition thru our new well tuned defensive barriers? and made to overload the LCB shield, have VVD work harder for this nice guy but brainfreeze free will chap? And worse, subject VVD to unnecessary risk/dives/contacts that aggravates his healing ribs? Fuck no. You overlook Clyne, he has played left back for England, and he is a true defender. So, even if Robbo needed a game off, Clyne the answer. Not to mention Gomez, who played left back under genius Rodgers and then Joe tore his ACL.

Or instead of all that, I could of just politely said: please no Moreno, mate. Cheers.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Rest VVD, I'd go with Matip and Lovren at CB. Fabinho must start and I'd go with Gini and Lallana. Sturridge, Shakiri and Mo up top. Hopefully get a decent lead by the hour and sub off Gini, Lallana and Mo.
Nothing of the sort will happen though.
I don’t think we will see Fabinho starting, but if he does, he might not play anchor midfield. He might be deployed as either the two box-to-box or right back (which I think Klopp might start Alexander-Arnold). If Fabinho starts, I don’t mind seeing Lallana and Henderson, maybe go with 2 more defensive minded mid and allow Lallana to run free pressing at higher line. Salah should start as we need him to be all prepped up and clear from his bad form. Sturridge and Shaqiri to accompany him as the forward 3. Some how I feel Firmino might be in for this one, so we’ll see. I agree with your centre half pairing and keep Alisson in goal to lead those two jokers.

Red over the water

Not sure who we will play as a few have niggly injuries, or have had them recently, and one or two others are making their way back. For me the most important thing is the approach. We have to be on it, or we could come unstuck. I expect any CL team to be able to defend resolutely, so we might need some patience. Two CL wins against them needed though, or else passage through the group will become touch and go.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Gomez Lovren VVD Robertson
Milner Gini Lallana
Salah Firmino Mane

Only question is if either of Milner or Lallana haven't recovered from the w/e game then I expect Shaq to slot in. Although its a decent 4 day break, Lallana may need to be managed due to his soft tissue injuries. Might be better if Shaq starts and Lallana replaces him on about the 60 minute mark so that he can play out the less intense part of the match.

RodM

First things first, how does one pronounce "Crvena Zvezda"? (and don't say "Red Star Belgrade") Also, can I use it in Scrabble? It's worth 39 even before the double word scores and 50 point bonus.

I suspect that the starting line-up will depend on who is fit on Wednesday night but I did take quite a few positives from the Huddersfield match - not least of which was that we bagged 3 points from a rotated team in an away game. I also thought Lallana looked decent even though he is clearly not fully match fit.

Looking at Red Star, they appear to have set up as 4-2-3-1 against Napoli and 4-4-2 against PSG. Based on the drastically differing scores I'm assuming that they would go for the former against us and try to stifle the midfield.

I'd be tempted to start with a Milner-Lallana-Wini midfield with the TAA-Clyne-VVD-Robo at the back and Salah-Firmino-Mane up front assuming all are fit and then look to sub one or more of that midfield depending on how Red Star are actually setting up (I suspect they will be looking for a draw at best).

GermanRed

We have a one week break between the Cardiff and the Arsenal game and that means players could easily start the next three games (Red Star, Cardiff & Arsenal) if they stay healthy.

Would like to see Robertson, VvD, Gomez, Milner, Wijnaldum and especially Mané, Salah and Firmino to start all three.

I'm not a fan of too much rotation and think that changing our style (by starting Sturridge) or changing our formation (by starting Shaqiri) hinders the Front3 to get back to their best (together).

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Mane is back in normal training and looked good, he's in contention.

Naby and Hendo both out. Nothing new on Naby, but Hendo will most probably miss the next two games and possibly return against Arsenal. Not a serious injury, but a hamstring problem.

Herb

I reckon there will be more defensive changes in this than people think. Couple of lads we need to give some rest, and some lads who need minutes. Potential for a slight change in formation as well with Hendo & Naby injured, Milner and Lallana possibly needing to be eased back.

Alisson
TAA Matip Lovren Moreno
Gini Fabinho
Salah Shaqiri Mané
Firmino

Maybe a risk to not play Gomez or VVD but I can’t see them coming to do much attacking. Would prefer both to be fresh for the challenges to come in the league.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Don't want to see Moreno anywhere near our starting line-up.Would give Gomez and Virgil a rest, we can win this without them and I would like to see Fabinho start and Bobby a bit deeper , centrally behind Studge.

......................Becker...............
Trent ......Matip......Lovren...... Robertson
......................Fabinho..............................
....... Wijnaldum........................ Shaqiri.....
Salah................... Firmino.......................
................... Sturridge......................

Status
Not open for further replies.