• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Liverpool v Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) (UCL Group C, 8 pm 24.10.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Shaqiri again

Fabinho grown into the game
Shaq is becoming vital to our games. Fab was struggling with tackles and pace of game, and now is timing his ball winning tackles perfectly.

The first 19 minutes were poor to average. That goal was really needed. Passing is still really bad. First 19 there were way too many high balls in the final third.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I'm loving Fabinho and Shaqiri playing in the midfield. That creativity that Shaqiri offers is exactly what was missing for us. Fabinho bossing the midfield and letting the fullbacks bomb up has been great to see....Lazy start to the game by Liverpool though, But this formation might be better for us in the longer run.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
From 15 mins onwards excellent half looking very good going forward, best so far this season, but could have should have more goals the midfield 3 are dominating and at the back we aren't giving anything away.

Shaq is just a breath of fresh air playing in midfield gives him the opportunity to find space and also pick passes to our front 3.

Also a mention to Robbo, outstanding timing of his runs and should of had at least one more assist

Red Ted

The last 25 minutes was more like it, more like the attacking football we're used too.

Shaqiri has played really well, Fabinho very dodgy start but has played well since 1-0, the center backs swatting everything away with relative ease.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Flashes of good football in there after a slow start. Shaq and Fabinho looking good. Fabinho likes a tackle doesn't he? Its his surging runs and forward passing that has impressed me.
I'd take VVD off straight away when we score the 3rd.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Alright, 2 goals from 2 forward. A match where we need to get our forwards all back on form and confidence with shit loads of goals scored. Fabinho started a bit cold and like most big engine cars, take awhile to warmed up. Once he got going, he really gets it going. Wijnaldum impressive in this one for sure, all action from him and how about that Swiss midfield. Shaqiri was instrumental in both goals, tenacity and great through ball and that lovely chip for the second.

We have two walls erected in front of goal and our fullbacks are looking hungry. Mane still has a lot to work on, his passes especially. Salah needs to work on his ball control and Firmino, has anyone checked his eyes? His flicks not coming off as much as it used to after that eye incident.

Lastly, has anyone from Belgrade put some €5m bet on us winning by 6 or 7?

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
Salah AKHBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's poor form to quote yourself, but I always shout this upstairs to my wife when he scores. I'm pretty sure the neighbours think this is a Muslim call to prayers. The Neighbourhood Watch will be extra vigilent this evening.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Flashes of good football in there after a slow start. Shaq and Fabinho looking good. Fabinho likes a tackle doesn't he? Its his surging runs and forward passing that has impressed me.
I'd take VVD off straight away when we score the 3rd.
Well for 20 minutes we decided to play long balls which strangely did fuck all.. First bit of pass and move on the ground and we opened them right up like last season.. More of the same please.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
HT 2-0:

See... a classical 4231 formation, with Fabinho and Gini sitting back when needed, letting the full-backs going forward, and Shaqiri pulling the strings, just behind the front three.

Against this type of opposition, it obviously works. Some very good football in the latter part of this half. Our lads mustn't become complacent, but the gap in quality between the two sides has been obvious. It looks good so far. :)

johnoleary

better tonight against average oppostion,so far think robertson,mane are good,gini is doing well,but 2 outstanding players so far are shaquiri,2 assists i think,he really is impressive,and im surprised im saying this after he was caught asleep early but Fabinho has been very,very,good,winning tackles,and thrusting forward on a couple of occassions,just what we need,if he gains confidence i think he could be very good for us.

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
Well for 20 minutes we decided to play long balls which strangely did fuck all.. First bit of pass and move on the ground and we opened them right up like last season.. More of the same please.
This should really catch on, and then we can go places.

C

Caradoc

Fabinho and Gini working well together ......

Shaqiri causing all sorts of problems.

Excellent goals from Bobby and Mo.

Alisson getting us on the front foot straight away .....

Robbo back to his best (except his finishing ;-)).

Gomez excellent ..... again ......

Am I the only one who thinks that Virgil will be permanent captain before too long?

SithBaare

Probably shows what we need , A CAM. Oxlade,Lallana,Keita,Shaqiri need to be vying to be #1 choice in this position.

LS12Red

One for Sadio would be nice, we have been sloppy and breath taking in equal measure tonight, Shaqiri has been fantastic and Fabhino looks like he is getting used to it now .....listening to my stream in Russian apparently Red Stars Stoichkov is the Balkan Cruyff as far as I could make out lol

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Want to give Origi some minutes. Would be interesting to see if he will be eager like sturridge to prove himself.
Uhm, let's get our front three up to speed first with their touches, passes, shots and confidence, before we start thinking about who we should be giving minutes. I want to see them scores for fun in this match. We cannot afford to have them not having the confidence going into next few weeks matches.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Was thinking at the time to get the ball down and control the game as you said we were going too long and high too soon.

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Shaqiri and Robertson are both playing out of their skin

Fabinho needs game time. He gets better with every touch. He's a lil slow to get to the ball. He waits for passes instead of coming to the ball and it's cost him about 3x today but he'll improve

Powercube the man of the match so far

SithBaare

You know Fabinho's getting to the flow when he starts dictating the tempo from back, intelligent tackles....surging runs. After the indifferent start (15 odd min when the entire team was poor , He's taken control. Let others press, He'll be the guy to mop up the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.